When did Green Bus Lines get their most recent livery?

Green Lines 96

• 3 weeks later...

Late 1980s. The GMC RTSs and MCI Classics that Green got in the late 1980s were the first Green buses to arrive from the factories with that scheme. Before that I think they used some duller shades of green and the logo was written in some sort of script like New York Bus Service.

Late 1980s. The GMC RTSs and MCI Classics that Green got in the late 1980s were the first Green buses to arrive from the factories with that scheme. Before that I think they used some duller shades of green and the logo was written in some sort of script like New York Bus Service.

I would have to disagree with you on that ONLY because in the late 1980s would mean 1989. That was the year, the Q6, Q8, Q9 and Q41 were extended into the Jamaica Bus Terminal (my days hanging out at the library). MUCH of the fleet was still in the single (regular color) green stripe. Would it be fair to say the early 1990s like 1991 or so? I also remember riding Grumman Flxible #550 on the Q8 to East New York and then riding GMC RTS-04 #227 back to Jamaica and that bus in particular was in the OLD livery. Back then, the Q6, Q8, Q9 and Q41 ran on Archer Av eastbound and Jamaica Av westbound.

I see Ray, if the Classics were delivered with the most recent livery then that means that livery made its first appearance in either 1988 or 1989. Did Classics have Green's old livery? Hard to imagine them with the old livery.

Green Lines 96, what do you mean by the old circle logo?

I see Ray, if the Classics were delivered with the most recent livery then that means that livery made its first appearance in either 1988 or 1989. Did Classics have Green's old livery? Hard to imagine them with the old livery.

Green Lines 96, what do you mean by the old circle logo?

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?2961

Here is a picture of a TMC with the updated version of the old circle logo. Notice the final livery. There are pictures with the old not updated logo also on the same site. The differences with the logos are the original one shows a fishbowl or newlook and the updated one shows an RTS.

You're right about those Classics. Maybe that was the transition period to updating the newer scheme onto the fleet.

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?2961

Here is a picture of a TMC with the updated version of the old circle logo. Notice the final livery. There are pictures with the old not updated logo also on the same site. The differences with the logos are the original one shows a fishbowl or newlook and the updated one shows an RTS.

Wow! That's a rare shot. I never really noticed those logos on the front. I do know that those TMCs definitely came in the newer scheme.

• 3 weeks later...

The MCI's wouldn't look weird with the older paint scheme but they might've had the 1979 Canaidian fishbowls Paint scheme. Same with how Jamaica Buses classics had the Fishbowl paint scheme and so did Triboro's MCI Classics. I found out today that the last buses to be delivered with the One Green Stripe scheme were the 1985-1986 RTS's (200/600/10001 series) and the last bus to have a one stripe scheme was Green Bus Lines 1015 which was a 1979 GMC RTS-03. 1015 had this untill 1999 but it had already been retrofitted with square back and sliding windows. That brings me to another question which is when did the Green Lines RTS-03 slopebacks get a retrofit Square A/C similar to the picture below?

gbl1009.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

In 1989, some of the fishbowls had a variation of the final paint scheme but it only had one green stripe and the words GREEN BUS LINES were written in plain text.  There are images on the internet on the bustalk.info GBL Historical Roster.

Did this post take 3 years to go through?

Archived