R142A on (6) with (1) Stripmap?

Quill Depot

Guest lance25

To my knowledge, there are only strip maps for the (2), (4), (5) and (6) lines. I don't see why they'd make them for the other lines as there was never any plans for them to receive the R142(a)s (except the (3) in '01, where the R62s were to go to the (4), but that's another discussion).

I wouldn't be surprised if there are strip maps for the (1)/(9), (3) and (7) since those trains could have been assigned to those lines, then questions would be arising if there are strip maps for the (2), (4), (5) and (6). Just a thought.

To my knowledge, there are only strip maps for the (2), (4), (5) and (6) lines. I don't see why they'd make them for the other lines as there was never any plans for them to receive the R142(a)s (except the (3) in '01, where the R62s were to go to the (4), but that's another discussion).

Actually, I'd like for you to bring up that discussion.

Well to basically restate what Lance brought up, the original plan was to send the R142s to the (3), but for some reason the (4) ended up getting them.

My reasoning is the the R62s are older cars and made more sense for a part time line like the (3) as well as how demanding lexington Av is. R142s, with wider doors, makes boarding a little bit easier and you have 1 full width cab on each end of a 5-car set vs the partial cabs on each end of every car and you have more room to stand in on the R142s vs R62s.

Well to basically restate what Lance brought up, the original plan was to send the R142s to the (3), but for some reason the (4) ended up getting them.

My reasoning is the the R62s are older cars and made more sense for a part time line like the (3) as well as how demanding lexington Av is. R142s, with wider doors, makes boarding a little bit easier and you have 1 full width cab on each end of a 5-car set vs the partial cabs on each end of every car and you have more room to stand in on the R142s vs R62s.

I've seen one CKhaleel

I get that on R142/A boarding is easier. And now I think they need FIND. NOT A TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD

And this was like a year or two ago.

Archived