4 GO sans J shuttle

Amtrak7

(4) No trains between Brooklyn Bridge and Utica Av/New Lots Av

The (2)(3) and (N) trains provide alternate service

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Jul 2 - 4

(4) service operates between Woodlawn and Brooklyn Bridge.

• For service to/from Fulton St, Wall St, Bowling Green, Borough Hall, and

Nevins St, take the (2) or (3) to nearby stations (see chart below).

• For service to/from Atlantic Av, Bergen St, Grand Army Plaza, Eastern Pkwy,

Franklin, Nostrand, Kingston, Utica, Sutter, Saratoga, Rockaway Avs, Junius St, Pennsylvania, Van Siclen and New Lots Avs take the (3) instead.

I wonder why there's no (J) shuttle... as of this point there are no conflicting GO's posted.

I wonder why there's no (J) shuttle... as of this point there are no conflicting GO's posted.

It also mentions (N) stations.So maybe with the (2)(3) combined they dont really need a (J) shuttle.:P.Just my thinking.This would mean from Brooklyn bridge you would have to get off at Canal Street for the (N).If thats the case why run the shuttle.All the (N) stations are pretty close by.

Maybe they are trying to save money or there is work going on with the (Q) at Prospect Park that prevents them from using there as a terminal for the special (J) trains.

Also, those now looking for the (A) can get the (N) or (R) at Canal and take that to Jay-Metrotech (nee Lawrence) and switch there, so the (J) shuttle isn't as necessary as it once was.

If the (MTA) do not want to run the (J) shuttle to Prospect Park, at least run one to Fulton Street for Brooklyn Bound Passengers on the (4) to access the (2) and (3) to go to Brooklyn. I only will say that for passengers heading to Fulton and Wall Streets. For Bowling Green, (4) passengers have to use their metrocards and walk to the City Hall station and take the (N) or (R) to Whitehall Street/South Ferry or take the (4) (if local) or (6) to Canal Street to transfer to the (N) or (R). Some G.O.'s are such a mess.

It also mentions (N) stations.So maybe with the (2)(3) combined they dont really need a (J) shuttle.:(.Just my thinking.This would mean from Brooklyn bridge you would have to get off at Canal Street for the (N).If thats the case why run the shuttle.All the (N) stations are pretty close by.

Except the (N) nor (R) going to Brooklyn does not stop at Courtlandt Street for Passengers trying to access Fulton Street.

I'm thinking that the MTA will be telling riders of the #4, #5 and #6 to change at the 14th Street-Union Square stations for the N, Q and R trains to travel to lower Manhattan and Brooklyn, for an eventual transfer at Atlantic/Pacific for the #2 and #3 lines.

This pathway solves the problems of getting to/from the South Ferry area, getting to/from Brooklyn, and transfers to/from the A, C and F trains.

Just a guess.

Mike

Guest lance25

According to the website, (5) trains are not running past East 180 St and (4) trains are apparently running local in Manhattan since it's telling riders to transfer to the (N) at Canal St. Of course, unless the (N) is running via Whitehall all weekend, riders should take the (R) train unless they want direct access to Atlantic-Pacific.

According to the website, (5) trains are not running past East 180 St and (4) trains are apparently running local in Manhattan since it's telling riders to transfer to the (N) at Canal St. Of course, unless the (N) is running via Whitehall all weekend, riders should take the (R) train unless they want direct access to Atlantic-Pacific.

And no one of course mentions the (Q) at Canal and (from the downtown Lex OR with an unlimited MetroCard) the (D) at Broadway-Lafayette (both of which also stop with transfers to the (2)/(3) at Atlantic Avenue) as alternatives.

The (4) always runs local in Manhattan during this GO. I remember when the (4) is going into Brooklyn local all the way that the (5) to Grand Central does run, I can't remember exactly if it runs when its Brooklyn Bridge. When I used to work the (6) there wasn't that many people getting off at Brooklyn Bridge going down to that shuttle as they just went to Canal/Bleecker or Union Sq and got faster service going over the bridge. I made the announcement to take the (F) at Bleecker to Jay St for (A) service before the (R) connection was finished.

Another GO IN ADDITION to the one above:

(2) No trains between 149 St-Grand Concourse and East 180 St

(5) No trains between Bowling Green and East 180 St

(4) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend & Holiday, 3:30 AM Sat to 6 PM Mon, Jul 2 - 4

Thankfully there aren't that many other G/O's for that weekend. Yet.

I kinda made up This service change......

There Is no (N)/(Q) Service In/Out Of Uptown Manhatten And Queens.

Free Shuttle Bues Provide service.

(Q) Trains Run In 2 Sections

Between Coney Is-Prospect Pk Via The (:) Line

Between 14 St Union Sq And 34 St Herald Sq Via The (N) Line

(N) Trains Run In 1 Section

Coney Is-14 St Union Sq Via The (Q) Line.

Shuttle Bues Run From Astira-Ditmars To 14 St Union Sq Making All (N) Stops

Then Continue To Prospect Pk Making All (Q)/(N) stops Where (Q)/(N)/(:)/(S)

Service Is Availble.

Note:

There Is No (B) Service Service Between Brighton Beach And Prospect Pk

The Old (W) Comes Back Making Exp Stops Between 14 St-Union Sq And Atlantic Ave.

What Do you think?

Yes... That doesn't make any sense because how are you supposed to get to Fulton Street?

They should at least have one (J) shuttle train single tracking from Chambers St to Fulton St.

Is it possible they are also planning work on the (J) tracks between Chambers and Broad, and that's why there is no shuttle?

There is the option of walking from the South end of Brooklyn Bridge to Fulton Street, which is only a couple of blocks I believe (and especially walking on Park Row to where it meets Broadway) for those specifically looking for Fulton Street, otherwise, for Brooklyn, they are likely looking to have people transfer at Canal or 14th for the (N)/(Q)/® or (from the downtown (4)/(6)) Bleecker-Broadway Lafayette for the (D)/(F), especially since there is now a transfer to the (A)/© from the (F)/(N)/® at Jay St.-Metrotech.

Guys, Im pretty sure the (J) will be running as a (S). Sometimes the (MTA) doesn't mention the (J) because its too early. They do that to some g/os as ive seen. Give it till the G/O comes in and we will see..

Another GO IN ADDITION to the one above:

Thankfully there aren't that many other G/O's for that weekend. Yet.

Oh that is just great now service for me now.. oh well i guess the (6) and the (D) ill do.

But man ill check that out for the i278/678 combo

I kinda made up This service change......

There Is no (N)/(Q) Service In/Out Of Uptown Manhatten And Queens.

Free Shuttle Bues Provide service.

(Q) Trains Run In 2 Sections

Between Coney Is-Prospect Pk Via The (:P Line

Between 14 St Union Sq And 34 St Herald Sq Via The (N) Line

(N) Trains Run In 1 Section

Coney Is-14 St Union Sq Via The (Q) Line.

Shuttle Bues Run From Astira-Ditmars To 14 St Union Sq Making All (N) Stops

Then Continue To Prospect Pk Making All (Q)/(N) stops Where (Q)/(N)/(:P/(S)

Service Is Availble.

Note:

There Is No (:) Service Service Between Brighton Beach And Prospect Pk

The Old (W) Comes Back Making Exp Stops Between 14 St-Union Sq And Atlantic Ave.

What Do you think?

Don't think it would happen.Sounds interesting though.

Archived