Studies Done By the DOT Regarding Service To LaGuardia, Queensboro Bridge Buses, and more!

checkmatechamp13

....and here you have next to nothin (traffic-wise) runnin along Schermerhorn....

Hoyt-Schermerhorn on the (A)(C)(G) should be far more used than what it is... It's so obscure, I bet a lot of people that work/go to school downtown don't even know it's there... Everything is so fixated around Jay st-Metrotech....

Really? It's obviously not as busy as Times Square, but I always see plenty of people using Hoyt-Schermerhorn. It's the busiest stop on the (G), and it's not that far from the Fulton Mall.

MTA had plans for a Bx50 LIMITED between Fordham Road and LGA via Webster Avenue in the Bronx. This would have cut the double fare for many people (unless the M60 gets a three legged transfer) and relieved the crowding on the M60 bus. Bus was supposed to run from around 5am-1am.

I don't think that a Bronx-LGA route would do well. LGA is a secondary airport that handles primarily domestic flights. It's not as busy as JFK. Most of the people needing LGA would be coming from Manhattan, not the Bronx.

Really? It's obviously not as busy as Times Square, but I always see plenty of people using Hoyt-Schermerhorn. It's the busiest stop on the (G), and it's not that far from the Fulton Mall.

I don't think that a Bronx-LGA route would do well. LGA is a secondary airport that handles primarily domestic flights. It's not as busy as JFK. Most of the people needing LGA would be coming from Manhattan, not the Bronx.

ya have a point to an extent. If that were the case why was MTA about to implement it

oh lord, not that NIMBY....

the same dude that wanted to leave his precious QM2/a alone, but wanted to kill off most the express bus service that travels along Queens blvd (including all the SE queens expresses)...

are you sure that was his intent? I don't remember him mentioning anything about LGA.... his whole thing was eliminating as much express bus service that paralleled Queens Blvd, for the purpose of forcing them onto the subway... to support his local bus ideas....

Via Garibaldi would've loved that guy !

He created a website and posted his ideas there, but apparently it was removed: http://nyersforbettertransit.forumup.com/

I'll see if I can find a post (on strappies) where he mentioned the Q33.

He described his idea regarding the Q33 here (as well as some other ideas): http://www.straphangers.org/diaries/ubbthreads.php/topics/495252/Re_Revised_Queens_route_sugges#Post495252

He also posted some ideas here: http://www.straphangers.org/diaries/ubbthreads.php/topics/497172/Re_Queens_bus_service_reccomen#Post497172

On a side note, there is hardly any activity over there.

Just to be clear, fam.... when I said "traffic", I was referring to vehicular traffic along Schermerhorn.... you can walk along all of schermerhorn & count the number of cars that pass you, no matter what time of day it is.... it's about the same width as livingston, only difference is that there are bike lanes on both sides of the road IINM.....

The subway station itself definitely has a lot of riders (far more than hoyt on the (2)), but if you're not a regular to downtown brooklyn, you can easily walk along schermerhorn & walk right past the subway....

do the google street view on schermerhorn b/w bond & hoyt (most people use the bond entrance) & you'll see what I'm talkin about w/ the subway entrances....

It's the most used stop on the (G), b/c people use it to xfer to the (A)(C) to get to Jay st....

I mean, Jay st does put you closer to everything, but I still feel hoyt-schermerhorn is under-used (and somewhat neglected by the MTA).....

Just to be clear, when I said "traffic", I was referring to vehicular traffic along Schermerhorn.... you can walk along that block & count the number of cars that pass you....

The subway station itself definitely has a lot of riders (far more than hoyt on the (2)), but if you're not a regular to downtown brooklyn, you can easily walk along schermerhorn & walk right past the subway....

do the google street view on schermerhorn b/w bond & hoyt (most people use the bond entrance) & you'll see what I'm talkin about w/ the subway entrances....

It's the most used stop on the (G), b/c people use it to xfer to the (A)(C) to get to Jay st....

who was that NIMBY about the QM2a and such??? what made his ideas so horrid???

who was that NIMBY about the QM2a and such??? what made his ideas so horrid???

The same NIMBY checkmatechamp made a reference to; Clearview or w/e...

He's not an alias here anymore; he's faded to black; a distant memory.....

Check the last 2 links that checkmate posted in his last post, a few posts up... That clearview character posted his ideas on another transit related forum.... it's called Straphangers; Rider Diaries..... You should join, they really need your help, expertise, and stubb... (I meant, persistence) over there.....

The same NIMBY checkmatechamp made a reference to; Clearview or w/e...

He's not an alias here anymore; he's faded to black; a distant memory.....

Check the last 2 links that checkmate posted in his last post, a few posts up... That clearview character posted his ideas on another transit related forum.... it's called Straphangers; Rider Diaries..... You should join, they really need your help, expertise, and stubb... (I meant, persistence) over there.....

What good will I do there??? Most of my plans havent even reached NYC yet.

I havent finished NJ due to missing data and hudson valley needs adjusting cause as we all know the dutchess LOOP= SPECTACULAR FAIL

I will eventually come up with NYC ideas like a guideway network and LI restructuring for more direct rtes

Archived