This month in Transit History

The R68A's are much better than the R68s, you don't hear much noise on them and they should go on the (D) full time, not just on the (B)(N)(Q) and (W). I am happy that they're on the (Q) so I get to see them everyday.

To tell you the truth, I like them both equally. However, I do miss seeing Concourse 2500-2780 cars on the Brighton... Its 7 years July 22, that the (D) is gone...

Recently, 2542 was coupled to 2792 on the (B) Set # 2540 - 2543 are the trains that has those airbrakes that sound like the R32s

Recently, 2542 was coupled to 2792 on the (B) Set # 2540 - 2543 are the trains that has those airbrakes that sound like the R32s

Some R68's from the (D) really should go on other lines.

To tell you the truth, I like them both equally. However, I do miss seeing Concourse 2500-2780 cars on the Brighton... Its 7 years July 22, that the (D) is gone...

The (D) might go back to the Brighton line, well it's R68 cars from (2500-2750) might go on the (N) and (Q) and maybe the (B).

The R68A's are much better than the R68s, you don't hear much noise on them and they should go on the (D) full time, not just on the (B)(N)(Q) and (W). I am happy that they're on the (Q) so I get to see them everyday.

However T/O's hate the R68A's because of their brakes. Imagine you pushed the brake pedal driving your car and the car took 3 seconds after you did so to actually begin slowing down. Hence a lot of T/O's will seem like they're fighting those trains to a stop, getting their speed down under 5MPH before they approach the marker, to make sure they hit the board and dont accidentally overrun.

R68 brakes don't have that delay.

However both cars are among the most durable in the fleet if we're going by MDBF numbers.

Most T/Os dont hate the R68A. A lot of (Q) line T/Os like them you get used to them. Most T/Os would take an 68A over an 160 im sure (Qx) line T/Os are not happy. That they putting stitching R160s on the (Q) line. Not to mention that crappy controller that the 160s use.

And yes the R68A does seem better than the R68. All the 68s need is cleanup put new windows on them and they will be good as new. Overall there both great cars though.

Most T/Os dont hate the R68A. A lot of (Q) line T/Os like them you get used to them. Most T/Os would take an 68A over an 160 im sure (Qx) line T/Os are not happy. That they putting stitching R160s on the (Q) line. Not to mention that crappy controller that the 160s use.

And yes the R68A does seem better than the R68. All the 68s need is cleanup put new windows on them and they will be good as new. Overall there both great cars though.

I have to agree with Subway Guy. From what I hear, Train Ops, prefer the 68s over 68a's, and the braking on the 68a's is worse then its sister car; the 68s..

Some R68's from the (D) really should go on other lines.

The (D) might go back to the Brighton line, well it's R68 cars from (2500-2750) might go on the (N) and (Q) and maybe the (B).

How will Concourse 68s end up on the (N) & (Q)? If the (D) is remaining full time 68s from Concourse, I doubt we'll see them on the (N)ancy / (Q)uincy lines. Just my opinion.

I have to agree with Subway Guy. From what I hear, Train Ops, prefer the 68s over 68a's, and the braking on the 68a's is worse then its sister car; the 68s..

However T/Os with seniority pick on the (Q) line. I think they would avoid the (Q) line if the R68A operates as bad as people say they do. Then the line would be full of rookies then if that was the case. I never said that T/Os like the 68A better than the 68s. I said that there are T/Os that like the R68A. Yes they have a delay in the braking system but once the brakes starts applying they brake great.

And the R68A seems better than the R68.From a commuter POV. Because the 68As have cleaner windows and the 68s windows are kinda dirty...

Archived