Anthony Weiner Will Resign

R68 Subway Car

All i say is this. If Mr. Weiner had just 'come clean' at start of this scandal and ask for forgiveness(Americans are probably the most forgiving people on the planet) he still probably held his seat as Congressman.

Although his future 2013 bid for NYC Mayor would been shot though.

Not anyone were you have Media convincing you ''he is Evil don't trust him'' LOL

Even if he told the truth the media won't let it go for weeks much like there doing now.

I was not talking about the TMZ-type sex sleeze media out there. I meant the general public aka most of his voters. If Charlie Rangel can survive on much more serious charges why could not Weiner?

Again not condoning what Weiner did but speaking only from a political carrer view.

I was not talking about the TMZ-type sex sleeze media out there. I meant the general public aka most of his voters. If Charlie Rangel can survive on much more serious charges why could not Weiner?

Again not condoning what Weiner did but speaking only from a political carrer view.

Rangel is just lucky his district is a very liberal democrat district.

"Much more serious charges" you gotta be kidding me. The bad stuff he did was failing to report taxes and some of the apartment stuff. That's about it -- it's only "serious" because it's public, not personal. He got censured for using Congressional paper. Literally. Like that's the biggest thing senators are doing wrong...

Well that's just wrong. It has absolutely nothing to do with his district. Who called for the Democrat Weiner to resign? Democrats and his Democrat constituents. It's not like we have no moral code, you know.

MHV i do follow politics(not a fan of it) and not as passionate it like it seems to you. Both parties honestly are so corrupt(talking generally of both of our nation's '2' major parties) it would make any one head spins.

On election day it should be 'the best canadiate' and no matter if they have a (R)(D) or (I) on their party affliation.

I am an independent voter myself and while I am agree there politicans who done worse, I am speaking my views on the Weiner 'scandal' on the general points on what it takes to be re-elected or resign. That all. So lets calm down ok.

Well that's just wrong. It has absolutely nothing to do with his district. Who called for the Democrat Weiner to resign? Democrats and his Democrat constituents. It's not like we have no moral code, you know.

It kinda does in a way since Rangel has served Harlem in Congress since 1970 (and the State Assembly before that) and he has grown in power since then. His biggest supporters come from the Harlem churches. Weiner, on the other hand, has only been in Congress since 1998 and serves Brooklyn and Queens.

If Rangel wasn't supported, he would've lost to Adam Clayton Powell IV from East Harlem in the September 2010 Primary.

Support from his constituents is something that Weiner lost because of his actions -- yes, Rangel is an established politician and that helped -- but you have to remember that Weiner was something of a gem for the area. It was his own constituents that called for his resignation, which I think is emblematic enough of the sheer size of his screw up.

Weiner's constituents are mostly conservative, old-school types in areas like Middle Village, Howard Beach, Forest Hills, Fresh Meadows in Queens, along with Brighton Beach, Marine Park, and Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn.

Weiner's constituents are mostly conservative, old-school types in areas like Middle Village, Howard Beach, Forest Hills, Fresh Meadows in Queens, along with Brighton Beach, Marine Park, and Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn.

I thought the area Weiner represented was mostly liberal? Polls that were done since he came clean had said that if he had run for his seat again, he still would have won.

I thought the area Weiner represented was mostly liberal? Polls that were done since he came clean had said that if he had run for his seat again, he still would have won.

Polls dont mean sh1t, they are made up. They dont actually call anyone or poll anyone.. The news media has been dicking around with those polls for years, they are the ones who make up the results.

Polls dont mean sh1t, they are made up. They dont actually call anyone or poll anyone.. The news media has been dicking around with those polls for years, they are the ones who make up the results.

True to a point. While there are some bigger media outlets that have regular polling i.e Wall Street Journal, etc. the major cable news channels ie. CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC only use a small polling sample during off year elections or reactions to stories like this.

It's during middle of campaigns in major elections i.e Presedntial and Mid term elections that the poll number tend to be more accurate.(not perfect)

Weiner does seem to be mostly liberal. However, he did have the slightly-conservative slant that won with the mostly-conservative, old-school district that he once represented. The more liberal districts are neighboring Weiner's, since they have heavy minority representations (ex. Joseph Crowley's 7th District covers heavily-Hispanic Jackson Heights and the Southeast Bronx such as Soundview, Coop City, Castle Hill, and Throggs Neck).

Archived