MTA driver suspended for the 15th time after using express bus as private meeting room with gal pal

LRG

...and THAT is why the unions will fight it tooth and nail.

lol... And what exactly is their defense going to be? If B/Os have nothing to hide then it shouldn't be a problem. They already track the trains in the system don't they? If so then I don't see the problem. They'll just have to give up their culture (my uncle included). ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell it papi, tell da gringo!:tup:

Thank You Sir;)

Geez you know how many times I got laid on the bus. Both my wives,all my girlfriends. On MCIs,MCI Classics,RTS,Orions. When you are a B/O that's how you roll.

DevilBus for President....screw mitt romney ,We got a winner right here:tup:

I know of the alt+keypad number way to type accents on American computers, but my laptop has no such pad. I have to copy and paste them from other webpages.

I use a laptop also. My Fujitsu allows me to put them in. You should see where your alt keys are located on your laptop. That was one thing I investigated before buying the laptop because working with languages all day and speaking with my friends in Italian and Spanish I like to write properly and put in my accents unless it is impossible to do so.

I know of the alt+keypad number way to type accents on American computers, but my laptop has no such pad. I have to copy and paste them from other webpages.

I believe only 15 or 17"+ laptops have number pads, and there's a website that has the number codes and symbols too: http://www.alt-codes.net/

I should have listened in Spanish class :)

:)Well to make up for it, become a bus operator, be cool and get yourself a latina G/F and pay attention while on your meal break in the back of bus with her teaching you spanish culture and language. Remember to pay close ;)attention to her, and then when you get busted:o you tell them you were just doing required outstanding award winning customer relations and taking a speak spanish class together, and ¿Qué es el jefe del problema? :cool:

Instead of canning Meehan, TPTB should suspend him for a month witbout pay. Then let him back sans union. He'd be back, but booted from ATU-726.

The point would be to set a precedent of EXPELLING bad &/or nasty MTA employees OUT of the union permanently. A 3 strike system would be the way to do it. Meehan's way past strike 3.

I say let him back unionless so he's still employed but a sitting duck. It would only be a matter of sooner than later he'd be canned.

I've encountered my share of MTA & other civil service employees who are rude, nasty, contemptuous, arrogant, to the public. The solution: deunionize THOSE individuals, Take their union away from them & leave the union for everybody else.

Like Meehan. Toss him OUT of the union. Let him be the first of what would be randomly scattered sitting ducks around the MTA. Unionless, these individuals would be on their best behavior 24/7.

Instead of canning Meehan, TPTB should suspend him for a month witbout pay. Then let him back sans union. He'd be back, but booted from ATU-726.

The point would be to set a precedent of EXPELLING bad &/or nasty MTA employees OUT of the union permanently. A 3 strike system would be the way to do it. Meehan's way past strike 3.

I say let him back unionless so he's still employed but a sitting duck. It would only be a matter of sooner than later he'd be canned.

I've encountered my share of MTA & other civil service employees who are rude, nasty, contemptuous, arrogant, to the public. The solution: deunionize THOSE individuals, Take their union away from them & leave the union for everybody else.

Like Meehan. Toss him OUT of the union. Let him be the first of what would be randomly scattered sitting ducks around the MTA. Unionless, these individuals would be on their best behavior 24/7.

MTA is a closed shop,you must be in the union to work here. So good luck with that.

I believe only 15 or 17"+ laptops have number pads, and there's a website that has the number codes and symbols too: http://www.alt-codes.net/

I always used the 0xxx alt codes. I know that if you left off the 0, you got a different character, but I never saw the whole set of codes for without the zero. It has a lot more characters, like the box drawings, etc.

I see Unicode has finally added filled in ("negative") letter bullets (1F150-1F169) and the sans-serif filled in numbers are 278A-2792. don't know if of when this stuff will be widely supported. It would be great for other forums where we don't have the bullets as smileys, and the color would be set to anything we want by the regular font color feature.

:)Well to make up for it, become a bus operator, be cool and get yourself a latina G/F and pay attention while on your meal break in the back of bus with her teaching you spanish culture and language. Remember to pay close ;)attention to her, and then when you get busted:o you tell them you were just doing required outstanding award winning customer relations and taking a speak spanish class together, and ¿Qué es el jefe del problema? :cool:

:tup:And when its all said and done ,I want another Apple on my Badge;)

Qu'est-ce que vous avez dire? Malheureusement je ne comprends pas...

I was on the 101 the other day and the B/O greeted everybody in Spanish and made all the announcements in Spanish. Sad thing is I was the only person on the bus who didn't understand, so I guess I'll have to follow your plan... :cool:

How is that you understand French and not Spanish??? :confused:

I took French for the hell of it in college and didn't really study that much and got As and all of the classes. Granted I do speak Spanish & Italian, but the thing is they're all Latin based languages. :)

I know what I love to do though? Listen to conversations and then I'll crack a joke in say Spanish or Italian and embarass the other person to the point to where they can't help but laugh. lol

My French co-worker would crack jokes to me in French during lunch break when he wanted to talk about chicks and didn't want them knowing what he was saying. lol

The ironic thing is my Dell laptop is a 15 inch.

Dell-Inspiron-M5030.jpg

For $430, this was pretty good for the money. That's what my keyboard looks like.

I looked at your keyboard and mine and I see where the difference is. On my Fujitsu laptop, where the "J", "U", "M", "K", "L", "I", "O",, "7", "8" and "9" buttons are, those are where my alt keys are, so I just hit "Num Lk" and then Alt and then the numbers in question for my accents. I know all of the Italian and Spanish accent codes, most of the German accent codes and most of the French ones as well since those are the languages that I write in the most aside from English. It's a little more work than on a desktop, but it works okay once you get used to it.

Just never learned Spanish, and my parents never used it at home. I used to study Italian which I oughta know as in the mix, I'm a decent portion Italian, but I've never been able to speak it.

It's great to use languages like that though, but it used to drive me insane when I was as a kid and my grandparents would be talking to me and then have a conversation with each other, while looking at me, in Spanish. Drives you nuts, you can't understand but you really, really want to. Nice trick though, and it sounds like you've got it down.

Now that's funny. So you've got Italian and Latino heritage and don't speak either language. :eek:

Now that's funny. So you've got Italian and Latino heritage and don't speak either language. :eek:

My gf is 100% rican & domincan and you can never tell she speaks spanish. In fact her color is so lite that youd think shes german or something.

There are a ton of spanish peeps out there with 100% spanish in they backround and cant speak a word of it. My ex gf is russian/german and cant speak neither and her parents couldnt either. Im part indian and I couldnt tell you shyt about it.

Archived