Some pictures of 4736 & 4737 @ Transit Tech

4P3607

I just realized once the R42's are officially retired & in the ocean, the only remaining R42's left on earth will be at Transit Tech :P.

So techinally, Transit Tech will have museum cars.

I just realized once the R42's are officially retired & in the ocean, the only remaining R42's left on earth will be at Transit Tech :P.

Who said the MTA wasn't saving any R42s?

Who said the MTA wasn't saving any R42s?

And since when did the (MTA) said that museum cars will be stored there Lmfao.....

Place only take 4 or less cars?!

I just realized once the R42's are officially retired & in the ocean, the only remaining R42's left on earth will be at Transit Tech B).

Wrong,4572-73 are the R42 museum cars.

I just realized once the R42's are officially retired & in the ocean, the only remaining R42's left on earth will be at Transit Tech B).

Before you say something make sure your information is correct. Foamers don't know nothing but roll signs. The MTA will save EVERY care it retires.

People these days...

Not really, that R42 will end up being replaced by a R143 or a R160 and most likely head to scrap.

Before you say something make sure your information is correct. Foamers don't know nothing but roll signs. The MTA will save EVERY care it retires.

People these days...

That's not true, the last R27, one kind of redbird, and the ML R44s might not get saved by the TA at all.

Hey, just wondering.... did you take the SHSAT test this year?

Yes, I did. I had by accident rushed a little through the test & got 3/4 of the test an answer off by one (Question 32's correct answer is bubbled in #33, etc), so I didn't pass it :(.

When I took that about 2-3yrs ago I got a 530 but whats the least u can get to get in one of the SHS?

I took the SHSAT '94 or '95 I don't remember which lol. If I'm not mistaken, that cutoff score changes every year depending on how many students want to go to a certain school. I think its still the same now

I took the SHSAT '94 or '95 I don't remember which lol. If I'm not mistaken, that cutoff score changes every year depending on how many students want to go to a certain school. I think its still the same now

It changes year to year, that's correct.

It changes year to year, that's correct.

Nearly every year going down due to massive increases in class size.

"Of these students from Stuyvesant High School, 816 are ninth grade students, 826 are tenth grade students, 789 are eleventh grade students, and 694 are twelfth grade "

"Of these students from Bronx High School Of Science, 766 are ninth grade students, 720 are tenth grade students, 589 are eleventh grade students, and 595 are twelfth grade students. "

"Of these students from Brooklyn Tech High School, 1233 are ninth grade students, 1238 are tenth grade students, 986 are eleventh grade students, and 1012 are twelfth grade students"

The cutoff must be a joke by now...

First off anyone who doesn't go to the school should not talk.

Transit tech is a good school. After being their four years I know more than what anyone has said. The reason I went there from the bx was for a chance to work for mta which I did. Not to plAy with a r30 or r42. For all I care the train don't haft tO be there. The school has it's up and downs but it's a fun school and in a survey one of the best public schools in the USA

Transit tech is a good school. After being their four years I know more than what anyone has said. The reason I went there from the bx was for a chance to work for mta which I did. Not to plAy with a r30 or r42. For all I care the train don't haft tO be there. The school has it's up and downs but it's a fun school and in a survey one of the best public schools in the USA

One of the best public schools in the USA?LOL ROTFL ROTFLMAO.say that when pigs fly.i graduated from TT and it's a rough school.who ever did this SURVEY was on crack.

Times change man. Tths is a good school it was even in the newspaper one of the best public schools in the country

True that times change,but still it's a rough school.especially where it's located.

Yeah, if the trains don't have to be there, no need for the school to be called transit tech. Wow, I never knew that one of the best public schools in the USA was located in East New York, one of the best neighborhoods in all of NYC.

One of the best public schools in the USA?LOL ROTFL ROTFLMAO.say that when pigs fly.i graduated from TT and it's a rough school.who ever did this SURVEY was on crack.

See, it's not really who did the survey, it's when it was done, if it was done in the 80s......lmao

especially where it's located.

You are 100% wrong there.Yea the school is in East New York but in that area it doesn't seem like ENY it seems like its in Queens b\c it is a very quiet neighborhood full of houses.A few apartment buildings here and there(2 or 3 stories tall) once u get 10 blocks from the school in each direction then you'll run into more buildings.Its not what I expected but I personally feel safe in the neighborhood(not all of ENY but just where the school is located).

Archived