Buses in Chile

vorellanaj

Good evening, I will show to us some of buses you can view in Chile. Most of them are imported from Brazil.

DSCN0334.JPG

DSCN2858.JPG

DSCN1867.JPG

DSCN2069.JPG

DSCN1822.JPG

I only show 5 images in this moment. If any would to like to view more, please leave any post. 3 of them are buses used in long-haul routes, Irizar PB of the image was used in medium-haul routes and the articulated is used only in Santiago metropolitan area.

Note : All the images were taken by me.

Quick question, how come you guys dont import any Mexican buses like DINA , etc ?

In South America, carriers businessmen don't import DINA chassis nor engines, it's not profitable because in Chile there aren't any distributor of sales and spare parts nor a lot of qualified mechanics to repair them. The same case happen with European buses (Van Hool, Neoplan, german Mercedes-Benz, Ayats). :)

Main Brazil bodyworkers in Chile are Marcopolo, Busscar , Irizar (the parent company is in Spain), Comil, Caio. The chassis are made in Brazil by the companies Mercedes-Benz , Scania, Volvo, and in minor proportions Volkswagen and Agrale (this last two used MWM and Cummins engines, both are made in Brazil)

Greetings from Chile.

Are very few, there're three (more important only) : Metalpar , Inrecar and "Carrocerias LR". The reason are very expensive labour.

They only make buses for urban and rural areas, in case of LR, only for Metropolitan Concepcion.

Greetings from Chile.

Santiaguino o no? I'm half Chilean and half Peruvian but I ttake more of the chileno side. I've gone to chile as much as I can. I will be goin back in december and can't wait to go back to my neighborhood of El Cerro Baron in Valparaiso. Glad to see I'm not the only Chilean. I do miss the old buses of Valparaiso which were mostly Mercedes-Benz 11XX series. Those were awesome. Viva Chile!

Santiaguino o no?

I'm not "Santiaguino", but I often go to Santiago. I'm living in Concepcion, 320 miles southern Santiago.

Buses in Valparaiso were changed a lot. All Mercedes-Benz 111x series were withdrawn for use. 7 years ago the last 1113 was retired and today, some of them are scrapped. They were replaced by smaller buses, mainly Mercedes-Benz LO series. Today, the system is called TMV ("Transporte Metropolitano de Valparaiso"). Trolleybuses continue active in service.

I can't imagine who I'm not the unique Chilean in this forum. ;)

Greetings from Chile.

Santiaguino o no? I'm half Chilean and half Peruvian but I ttake more of the chileno side. I've gone to chile as much as I can. I will be goin back in december and can't wait to go back to my neighborhood of El Cerro Baron in Valparaiso. Glad to see I'm not the only Chilean. I do miss the old buses of Valparaiso which were mostly Mercedes-Benz 11XX series. Those were awesome. Viva Chile!

Yeah, ¡Viva Chile! I know a few Chileans myself here in the city... :cool:

Archived