On-time performance question???

qjtransitmaster

Most of those people living in and around routes 38 70 73 work in philly just like the people in Gloucester County. Alot take the bus and alot dont.

Why do you keep asking about the 551/552? Like I said keep your questions to that other thread. If you want to find out these patterns or whatever go out and ride these routes.

There's no need to keep creating threads if your going to keep asking the same questions over and over. Do you just sit in front of the computer and draw up ideas from Uranus?

Tried to answer your questions but you just dont listen. No matter how we tell you those plans cant work you sit there and come up with a even more outrageous plan that wouldnt even stand a chance. As I said whoever at NJT even condsider those plans must be on dogfood.

....nuff said.

I have a ontime question....What does NJT do when you guys are really late....like 1hr+? Today there was some real serious flooding on Rt.3 so I saw alot of Oradell,Wayne and Meadowlands guys stuck in traffic. I'm sure some of those buses had to come back to the PABT for another trip.

Also are those 5-6 buses left in the Weehawken lot in the during the afternoon rush spares or just runs that leave really late?

That Weehawkin Lot filled with buses from the rush hour; They park em there so they dont get caught in traffic while deadheading to Port Authority for the rush hr and we all know how that is. Howell is the main user of those lots since they are a 1hr n some change away.

First bus in means your the last one out.

ummm... yeah im not sure with those 2 haha :) though i assume the 375 should be on time

The 58 and 37??? Cause If my proposal tries to turn local buses with bad on-time performance then the whole plan falls apart hence why I am asking.

Also the 87 and 8 lines what about their reliability I know 88 is late all the time.

The 58 and 37??? Cause If my proposal tries to turn local buses with bad on-time performance then the whole plan falls apart hence why I am asking.

Also the 87 and 8 lines what about their reliability I know 88 is late all the time.

Its late due to the amount of people that is on those routes. No matter what line there is, the hudson county area is a sardine can, and every line that goes through hudson county gets buttf**ked with people all the time. you can't improve on time reliability since the amount of people living there is more concentrated than orange juice in the freezer. you wanna improve time, add more buses. Finish. Close Topic please.

Its late due to the amount of people that is on those routes. No matter what line there is, the hudson county area is a sardine can, and every line that goes through hudson county gets buttf**ked with people all the time. you can't improve on time reliability since the amount of people living there is more concentrated than orange juice in the freezer. you wanna improve time, add more buses. Finish. Close Topic please.

how many more buses are needed on the 87 and 80 lines and the 6

By hook or by crook, this guy's not gonna stop until he asks about all of NJT's routes.....

not really cause I have to gain understanding of the routes that terminate close to highways to see if an extension makes sense. A bus that's never on time if it merges with a local bus in like say middlesex or monmouth the new line would be like the 559. I want to avoid making more 559s. Hence why I was skeptical about 2 old 300 series routes that would have helped my plan with the 700 routes( just a few) That create express service between newark/and airport area to parts of Northern NJ and NW with a 320 extension but that requires 320 experience so once I am done I will have a revised plan.

The south jersey rte 73 area appears to not have enough buses as 406 gets raped at rush hour and so does the highway it uses. Also it's indirect route doesnt help. There was an old rte that went to frankford transportation however that was before riverline!!!! meaning that if that route were to come back ppl can connect with riverline or 417 for service to camden/philly or points northeast. And the line will be fed into riverline I can imagine that it could be faster than the 406.

Most of those people living in and around routes 38 70 73 work in philly just like the people in Gloucester County. Alot take the bus and alot dont.

Why do you keep asking about the 551/552? Like I said keep your questions to that other thread. If you want to find out these patterns or whatever go out and ride these routes.

There's no need to keep creating threads if your going to keep asking the same questions over and over. Do you just sit in front of the computer and draw up ideas from Uranus?

Tried to answer your questions but you just dont listen. No matter how we tell you those plans cant work you sit there and come up with a even more outrageous plan that wouldnt even stand a chance. As I said whoever at NJT even condsider those plans must be on dogfood.

....nuff said.

Actually I dont think up plans just like that I get on-time performance data find routes that are very short and look for service gaps that can be filled and come up with ways to fill the gaps. I have no extreme crazy plan Most of my NJT plans are quite sane. You didn't tell me about my plans you told me about routes and how they work that allows me to address gaps in service. I do way more than sit at the computer. I solicit ideas from ppl who live in NJ directly and indirectly. The real plan I have in NJ was not disclosed at all in this thread. But by getting info on specific routes I am able to drop certain parts and create better ideas hence forth. I have no outragous plans at all all of them include manipulating the highway to create several travel possibilities with as few routes as possible. Heck it allows the contractors in NJ who run NJT routes to work together and share resources. My first plan was pure enhancement. The 2nd was abandoned as it overlooked the shape of some routes like 190 which I later found out cant extend at all. I will give you an example of what my real plan includes. What NJT did to the MCM10/2 to create the 875 is what I will do to some northern NJ routes and 400s routes (mostly the crosstowns and 419/409) also my plans eliminate service duplication and redundant time consuming route deviations.

Alright, let me answer all your on-time questions in this statement, and this goes with ALL routes.

Every route is subject to road conditions, weather, and more importantly, the amount of passengers getting on the buses. I have written delay slips before due to being late from the amount of passengers on my bus, which was more overwhelming than what it should of been. There are times that buses break down, operators are late from their own type of driving or early from their own type of driving, you have accidents, detours, weather conditions, and other things that can affect a on-time situation. That's why on the schedules and online, it states that NJT Recommends a passenger to be at their bus stop, at least 5 minutes before it passes that stop. The only thing NJT can do to improve the on-time condition is for the drivers to try their best to get to their destinations. Let me remind you the creed of NJT: To offer a SAFE, reliable, convenient, and cost-effective Transit service with a skilled team of employees, dedicated to (NJT's) customers' needs and committed to excellence. The drivers do things safely, not trying to cut corners and go fast to speed up ontime performance. 553 can tell you that most regionals will say rather be late than early. Now, can we please stop with every thread or every other thread about what about this or what about that? It's really Really REALLY annoying the shit out of all of us here. And I'm speak that as a bus operator and as a bus fan. Please chill out. We give you the answers and I gave you my suggestion as well as everyone elses. So, stop gakking and just do it, dammit! Go out there and experience what I did and what 553 is. Then you'll get your answers right in front of you instead of word of mouth. The end. Someone please close this thread.

Alright, let me answer all your on-time questions in this statement, and this goes with ALL routes.

Every route is subject to road conditions, weather, and more importantly, the amount of passengers getting on the buses. I have written delay slips before due to being late from the amount of passengers on my bus, which was more overwhelming than what it should of been. There are times that buses break down, operators are late from their own type of driving or early from their own type of driving, you have accidents, detours, weather conditions, and other things that can affect a on-time situation. That's why on the schedules and online, it states that NJT Recommends a passenger to be at their bus stop, at least 5 minutes before it passes that stop. The only thing NJT can do to improve the on-time condition is for the drivers to try their best to get to their destinations. Let me remind you the creed of NJT: To offer a SAFE, reliable, convenient, and cost-effective Transit service with a skilled team of employees, dedicated to (NJT's) customers' needs and committed to excellence. The drivers do things safely, not trying to cut corners and go fast to speed up ontime performance. 553 can tell you that most regionals will say rather be late than early. Now, can we please stop with every thread or every other thread about what about this or what about that? It's really Really REALLY annoying the shit out of all of us here. And I'm speak that as a bus operator and as a bus fan. Please chill out. We give you the answers and I gave you my suggestion as well as everyone elses. So, stop gakking and just do it, dammit! Go out there and experience what I did and what 553 is. Then you'll get your answers right in front of you instead of word of mouth. The end. Someone please close this thread.

Now I got enough data to move into stage 2 I will fan the routes I placed on my list:cool:

Now I got enough data to move into stage 2 I will fan the routes I placed on my list:cool:

(Sarcastically) yay. woohoo. lets start the parade. Dude. Or should I call you Data since all you do is talk about data this and data that. You're like Data from Star Trek:TNG. So, your new bus nickname is Data. So, DataDude, you realize that summer starts tomorrow right? Why don't ya just do something like the rest of us humanoids do on Earth.......TRY TO RELAX?!?!?!

(Sarcastically) yay. woohoo. lets start the parade. Dude. Or should I call you Data since all you do is talk about data this and data that. You're like Data from Star Trek:TNG. So, your new bus nickname is Data. So, DataDude, you realize that summer starts tomorrow right? Why don't ya just do something like the rest of us humanoids do on Earth.......TRY TO RELAX?!?!?!
soon my revised corrected plan will be let loose. The one with corrections and actually isn't fully reliant on extensions. If it was it won't work. It has route reroutings segment eliminations and a few streamlinings here and there. Also unlike my previous plans new limited stop service in certain areas throughout NJ will be added via route streamlining eliminating duplication. Also bus service in certain places should get faster too. Duplication of riverline may get eliminated to place service where needed. Routes will be reshaped into different forms that appeal better to choice riders which should reduce driving (IF MARKETED PROPERLY) That is the biggest weakness in my plan. I actually got ideas from a guy who lives in morristown,nj I now have an idea where I need to find problems now the riding will confirm the parts of my plan that make sense and the ones that don't.

What NJT did to the MCM10/2 to create the 875 is what I will do to some northern NJ routes and 400s routes (mostly the crosstowns and 419/409) also my plans eliminate service duplication and redundant time consuming route deviations.

As a rider of NJT in the south, I can tell you that the 409 doesn't really need any changes as its serves its own purpose. Its not an alternative to the RiverLine as the routing may have you believe.

As a rider of NJT in the south, I can tell you that the 409 doesn't really need any changes as its serves its own purpose. Its not an alternative to the RiverLine as the routing may have you believe.

I actually am aware of this however its segments can be more creative in delivery. It's final destination does more harm to the route than good. I am aware of its purpose.

I actually am aware of this however its segments can be more creative in delivery. It's final destination does more harm to the route than good. I am aware of its purpose.

Which final destination?

Which final destination?

Trenton Transit Center. The RiverLine wins every time except after the last train, then that 409 becomes a sardine can. Ive never seen a 409 leave Walter Rand with more then 5 people and I do the 313 2days a week. Same when its leaving Trenton TC.

Archived