Far Rockaway - Mott Avenue (A)

robhue

I like the first and last picture, the others are nice but look a bit over-processed, did you do anything special with the contrast or used any photoshop filters on them?

But overall great work on getting photos from a difficult station

I like the first and last picture, the others are nice but look a bit over-processed, did you do anything special with the contrast or used any photoshop filters on them?

But overall great work on getting photos from a difficult station

Nothing special, just the usual tweaking in lightroom. The main issue I ran into is that contrast between the hazy bright sky and the shadow of the station, the dynamic range gets tough and the levels need a lot more tweaking in some cases.

But then, when the option is whether to spend a few more hours with it, or to just say you're going for a high contrast look today, sometimes the latter wins :P.

Thanks for the comments!

Nothing special, just the usual tweaking in lightroom. The main issue I ran into is that contrast between the hazy bright sky and the shadow of the station, the dynamic range gets tough and the levels need a lot more tweaking in some cases.

But then, when the option is whether to spend a few more hours with it, or to just say you're going for a high contrast look today, sometimes the latter wins :P.

Thanks for the comments!

ive never used lightroom, I know photoshop has this thing called Shadows/Higlights and it tweaks things a bit to equalize everything if you have too much contrast, however its easyto overdo it and then it looks really wierd.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I tweaked some of the pics, if anyone wants to see them, they're on flickr (I'm not sure if the old pics are going to continue to be hosted after a while).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robhue/sets/72157626864804057/detail/

the tweaked ones look better :P Its just unfortunate that Mott Ave has bad lighting, the canopy makes it hard for the camera to properly meter the light

Archived