Question about the (G) pick

Calvin

Guest lance25

While it'd be nice to see R160s on the (B)ravo (no pics/vids of OOS trains with sign changes please), I'm not holding my breath.

I believe that is gonna be the case, but considering how the (;) operates, I would not be surprised if they put some R160s there.

I would be. In fact, I think its safe to say that the (B) won't see any R160s in the near future.

The (G) has R68s running alot but when does it acually become all R68s and during the weekday, is the (B) going to be all R68As and the (N) R160Bs?

I understand some R160s from Jamaica are being sent to Coney for the (N), to help fill the gap from the R68s on the (G).

I would be. In fact, I think its safe to say that the (;) won't see any R160s in the near future.

I understand some R160s from Jamaica are being sent to Coney for the (N), to help fill the gap from the R68s on the (G).

speaking of R160s on the (N), i saw 9163-9167 coupled with 9173-9177. It was unexpected yesterday since it's from the (F). Is tat set from the (N) replacing the R68As?

Yea, though I don't know if the (N) will be all R160s or if the (;) will be all R68As.

Most likely the 46's will go to Jamaica from the (G)

bumping 160's to Coney most likely will make the (N) 100% R-160 again(so get your R-68/A shots)

and the remaining 68/A's from the (N) will be going to the (G).

I'm not sure if the (G) will be 100% R-68 or mixed 68/A.Either way their shitcans as long as the (B) has 68A's I'm good lmao! love those cars on the (B).But yea whatever equipment is available will be used.

The (G) has R68s running alot but when does it acually become all R68s and during the weekday, is the (B) going to be all R68As and the (N) R160Bs?

Well thats what they most have on the B 5000's and the G never had 5000 yet and they been high 2700 and 2800's numbers, it could happen but remember the braking on those cars T/O don't like them because of the late delay in the brakes

A few things to clear up...

1. I operated the R68 on the (G) line stations for the first time. I actually like them better there than the 46s because one can recover from an entry too fast in those stations where the [6] is in the middle of the station. 46s, forget about it. Hit a platform at 40mph at Metropolitan n/b, 70lb brake, smooth stop at the [6] which is about 3/5 the way in.

2. The R68A has the strongest dynamic brake in the system, and T/O's that are used to them don't mind them at all actually. The learning curve is a lot steeper than with other train classes, however. The 62/62As in the IRT are noticeably worse, and do not stop nearly as well. The 68A on the (:( are maintained better than the ones on the (N).

3. There is an internal memo about the mileage building up on the 160s that the (N) line uses and an urging to keep the 68A's in service as much as possible (T/Ds have a habit of laying up the SMEE and keeping the NTT out there all night). CI staff are falling behind on inspections for the 160s.

4. In another memo the reason the swap didn't occur in its entirety is to allow T/O's to reacquaint themselves with the R68 (if one doesn't pick on the (:P or (D) that person will never see a 68). The (G) will become exclusively R68 soon.

5. The (:P (or (D)) will never get R160, the main barn for 68/68A is Concourse, notice 160s exist on lines that have the barns to service them. Just like the main R46 barn is Pitkin, and the main R32 barn is 207. Note that Corona has a NTT barn as well.

6. Now into where the R46s will be going. No direct answer to that, no one I talked to on the supervisory level knows. It could displace the 160s on the (R) making them exclusively 46s all over again. In turn those handful of 160 head for the (N) which completes the loop by putting the 68A back on the (B). Of course the memo conflicts with that theory.

A few things to clear up...

1. I operated the R68 on the (G) line stations for the first time. I actually like them better there than the 46s because one can recover from an entry too fast in those stations where the [6] is in the middle of the station. 46s, forget about it. Hit a platform at 40mph at Metropolitan n/b, 70lb brake, smooth stop at the [6] which is about 3/5 the way in.

2. The R68A has the strongest dynamic brake in the system, and T/O's that are used to them don't mind them at all actually. The learning curve is a lot steeper than with other train classes, however. The 62/62As in the IRT are noticeably worse, and do not stop nearly as well. The 68A on the (:( are maintained better than the ones on the (N).

3. There is an internal memo about the mileage building up on the 160s that the (N) line uses and an urging to keep the 68A's in service as much as possible (T/Ds have a habit of laying up the SMEE and keeping the NTT out there all night). CI staff are falling behind on inspections for the 160s.

4. In another memo the reason the swap didn't occur in its entirety is to allow T/O's to reacquaint themselves with the R68 (if one doesn't pick on the (:P or (D) that person will never see a 68). The (G) will become exclusively R68 soon.

5. The (:P (or (D)) will never get R160, the main barn for 68/68A is Concourse, notice 160s exist on lines that have the barns to service them. Just like the main R46 barn is Pitkin, and the main R32 barn is 207. Note that Corona has a NTT barn as well.

6. Now into where the R46s will be going. No direct answer to that, no one I talked to on the supervisory level knows. It could displace the 160s on the (R) making them exclusively 46s all over again. In turn those handful of 160 head for the (N) which completes the loop by putting the 68A back on the (B). Of course the memo conflicts with that theory.

Yea, R62/A brakes are notoriously crappy and from my understanding, prone to malfunction (I'm not a T/O so all of that is hearsay).

Thanks a lot for the clarity in terms of the (G). Can some of what you're saying also be translated as "Even the (MTA) doesn't know whats going on?"

9158-9162 is with 8683-8687

9163-9167 is with 9173-9177

and 9183-9187 is with 8748-8752 from the (N) tday

all we need is 9153-9157, 9168-9172, 9178-9182 and 9188-9192 and we're good ;)

Archived