Brands Of Water

Quill Depot

Poland Spring's office/bottling factory is located in that house on Long Island. People there still don't know why that guy uses his garden hose all day

nice double entendre :P

Why would I expect you to say otherwise. LOL ;)

put it to you this way.... they must think the little grey & black things floating around in they water is for added flavor.....

seriously though... how the hell do you boil tap water w/ rust chips in it, and expect em to burn out.... lmao

nice double entendre :P

put it to you this way.... they must think the little grey & black things floating around in they water is for added flavor.....

seriously though... how the hell do you boil tap water w/ rust chips in it, and expect em to burn out.... lmao

You don't like the flavor crystals? ;)

I always thought the best water was anything Nestle. Especially Pure Life. I used to buy those by the case twice a month. Not so much anymore now that I know it comes from the same place as my tap water. I'm better off bottling that up.

Tap always gets the job done.... And so does New York Spring Water. Natural, and bottled right here in the good ol US of A!

And yes, different brands of water definitely have different tastes and textures. All I drink is water and juices. Soda as a treat every now and then though.

http://celdf.org/downloads/Water%20-Bottling%20Company,%20Source%20and%20Brand%20Name%20chart.pdf

That's a list of where most, if not all water sources come from.

Ummm, when I did my little stint at Walmart we had the Perrier stuff there as well as Fiji water and Evian, which all come from other countries.

What do you think about the many different brands of water out there? Like Dasani and Poland Spring and all the others.

What I think,

All water is toooo expensive. You can buy a gallon of water for a dollar and a little bottle for a dollar. "Oh say that again." It's true! No brands of water taste any different.

As a rule, whenever I drink bottled water, it is always water I bring from home. Rather than buy water for $1 from people standing outside of, say the SI Ferry Terminal, you can wait for the water to go on sale and get a 24 pack of water for about $4.

they still make perrier??? I haven't heard that word since the earlier part of the 90's....

the only people I see drinking dasani are teachers/professors....

(waits for Shortline to cosign this !)

anyway, all water brands do not taste the same.... all I drink is poland spring now....

before I used to ufck with evian & aquafina... tried dasani ONCE & had to spit that shit out w/ the quickness.....

iono about Pennsylvania, but all I know is there's a guy that sits over at atlantic av/washington (this guy also sells watermelons during the summer) av, a guy @ the Passaic bus terminal, a guy out in union city that looks to see water to motorists (along 31st st, paralleling the hwy that sells bottled water).... same deal w/ a guy out in ENY over there where the conduits meets linden blvd, sittin there w/ a cooler filled w/ bottles of water....

point is... I ain't buyin water out no one's personal stash.... they refill them shits w/ tap water..... t'hell with all that !

I don't really like Dasani. The brands my family generally buys are Poland Spring and Nestle Pure Life, and occasionally a store brand.

I don't really care, just buy whatever is cheapest. Spring water over filtered tap water if the price allows.

That's generally what my family does. At home, we drink tap water, but when we go out somewhere (to a museum or something). That, and and my parents bring it when they go to work (we very rarely refill the bottles with tap water, since the bottles deteriorate over time, and we're worried that some of the plastic could leach into the water).

I'm just amazed at how cheap some people are. Everytime I meet a cheap person I think of the guy I heard years ago on some tv show who was so cheap that he would take ketchup packets from fast food places and store them so that he didn't have to buy ketchup from the store. I mean I really can't deal with those types of people. There is nothing wrong with looking for sales and such, but some folks really go overboard. :eek:

I'm just amazed at how cheap some people are. Everytime I meet a cheap person I think of the guy I heard years ago on some tv show who was so cheap that he would take ketchup packets from fast food places and store them so that he didn't have to buy ketchup from the store. I mean I really can't deal with those types of people. There is nothing wrong with looking for sales and such, but some folks really go overboard. :eek:

I see nothing wrong with drinking tap water. If your sink is that rusty, you should either replace it or buy a filter to clean the water.

I see nothing wrong with drinking tap water. If your sink is that rusty, you should either replace it or buy a filter to clean the water.

I do... It's disgusting. The only time I'll drink tap water is if it is filtered. Otherwise no tap water from the sink. :eek: [says this as he goes to get grape leaves and a bottle of Perrier from fridge]. lol

I do... It's disgusting. The only time I'll drink tap water is if it is filtered. Otherwise no tap water from the sink. :eek: [says this as he goes to get grape leaves and a bottle of Perrier from fridge]. lol

The tap water ain't bad. I've been drinking it for years, and I'm still alive :P

NYC has some of the best tap water in the country. In fact, as ENY says, much of the bottled water that people drink comes from the same reservoirs as tap water. Of course, if it is Perrier or Evian, it's a different story, but filtered tap water is almost exactly the same as bottled water.

Like I said, my family drinks tap water every day and we've survived for years.

Lol cheap people is annoying. I took ma sis shopping for her bday and she started picking out cheap shyt and im like "yo you ain shopping wit mom". I gave her ma debit card and told her to go on a spree. I do the same wit ma gf also chick betta look good! I have no problem spending money and I dont buy cheap shyt.Those type of people really piss me off also. Sales aint no problem but when you start getting all dramatic then it becomes a problem.

Lol cheap people is annoying. I took ma sis shopping for her bday and she started picking out cheap shyt and im like "yo you ain shopping wit mom". I gave her ma debit card and told her to go on a spree. I do the same wit ma gf also chick betta look good! I have no problem spending money and I dont buy cheap shyt.Those type of people really piss me off also. Sales aint no problem but when you start getting all dramatic then it becomes a problem.

So it's a problem to spend as little as possible? Because I know I don't want all the money I earn to be gone in a near-instant. I get cheap (sub-$30) televisions from eBay. Sometimes I buy computer parts from Hong Kong (:P). But at the end of the month, the balance is always positive.

Yes Perrier is still made. I'm just about tired of looking at it at work (they order too much of it and there's 2 big stacks of it. In the basement)...and don't get me started on WAT-AHH

For all of your water needs (including all that fancy mineral water) come on down to Gristedes at Waterside Plaza. Mention that I sent you and you'll get ot for half price :P

(subliminal advertisement) NOTE: you won't get it for half price, I just wanted to say that lol

As far as Perrier goes you can get it at Whole Foods or at specialty stores. It is very popular in Europe and particularly France of course, so they cater to a certain clientele here in NYC.

It is water, but there is indeed a difference in terms of taste. If you drink water enough you can easily differentiate what is what. I know one thing. I know crappola when I taste it. That's like saying it's just beer or it's just soda and all beer and soda are the same when they clearly aren't. I can certainly tell you that Piraat and Budweiser are not the same. Budweiser is like drinking dish water and Piraat is like drinking a fine aged wine, even though it's beer. :cool:

I am not a beer drinker so I wouldn't know how that logic works...yet lol

Yes Perrier is still made. I'm just about tired of looking at it at work (they order too much of it and there's 2 big stacks of it. In the basement)...and don't get me started on WAT-AHH

For all of your water needs (including all that fancy mineral water) come on down to Gristedes at Waterside Plaza. Mention that I sent you and you'll get ot for half price :P

(subliminal advertisement) NOTE: you won't get it for half price, I just wanted to say that lol

I am not a beer drinker so I wouldn't know how that logic works...yet lol

Budweiser is American-made while Piraat comes from Belgium. Budweiser I heard is a very light drink that's pretty bland but people buy it just for the light flavor, which is why it's popular, I guess?

Budweiser is American-made while Piraat comes from Belgium. Budweiser I heard is a very light drink that's pretty bland but people buy it just for the light flavor, which is why it's popular, I guess?

Damn straight it does. Probably one of the best beers in the world after Duvel. :cool:

Via Garibaldi: How much do you spend on bottled water a year? just curious.

I'd say close to a eight hundred dollars a year maybe more. I don't drink soda unless it is natural soda and even that is once in a while. Juice I'll have sometimes like natural OJ (i.e. Tropicana or a natural tea drink that I like called Carpe Diem).

On average I drink say a half a bottle to a bottle of Perrier or Pellegrino a day, so I usually get two to three bottles of water in the glass every 3 days or so. I'm not wild on the plastic containers, but I will buy a big bottle of Volvic, Jana or Voss (still water) in case I'm out of sparkling water, this way I have a backup.

When I want to mix it up with the Perrier flavours or Pellegrino, then I'll buy the glass bottle of Voss which is their sparkling water. It's a bit pricey though ($3.39) for the "big" bottle, but that's because it's an import (Norway), so I'll treat myself to that when I'm in the mood for it.

The thing is I drank a lot of bottled water back in Europe because the tap water in Italy has such a strong chlorine smell that most folks just buy sparkling or bottled water. There of course it is much cheaper since I would just drink the Italian brands that I liked, hence it wasn't an "import". Here it's a bit more expensive for that reason. B)

Today I didn't buy any though because I have almost two bottles of Perrier (lemon and lime) and a bottle of Volvic as a backup. I'll probably have some Piraat (beer) tonight, so the water will last a bit longer than usual. :cool:

Sometimes when I do the math I shock myself, but I will admit that I do spend a lot on food. I think it's important to eat well and buy quality products.

I was expecting to hear a number like that, nothing wrong with that.

You be surprised how easy it is to lose weight when you switch from

soda to water. I went from 205lbs to 187lbs within 8 months.

I have a Pur water filter dispenser at home. My only cost are the filters.

Now I look at a can of soda and shake my head

that I used to drink that stuff. I used to chug down soda without

giving a thought as to how bad it was for me.

I was expecting to hear a number like that, nothing wrong with that.

You be surprised how easy it is to lose weight when you switch from

soda to water. I went from 205lbs to 187lbs within 8 months.

I have a Pur water filter dispenser at home. My only cost are the filters.

Now I look at a can of soda and shake my head

that I used to drink that stuff. I used to chug down soda without

giving a thought as to how bad it was for me.

lol... I wasn't always a health freak per se either even though I never went wild per se. I think I gained like 10 lbs back in college and then I said whoa this is not me. You had the all you can eat cafeterias and such and being away from home I guess I found comfort in eating for a while. I lost all of it the same summer when I went home, as I went on a mini diet, so it was no biggie since no one really noticed anyway (I was still slim lol). Then I started realizing that I was buying large portions of things up at college that I would never buy in those sizes because it was at the supermarket where generally the smaller sizes aren't sold, so what I started to do was to buy smaller portions at other places and pay more for it this way I would eat less of it and it would become like a treat.

When I moved to Italy that was when I really started to appreciate eating and dining well. Most of the time I'd cook at home, but it was amazing the level of quality in the food. All natural products and they were well priced too. I never understood why we can't get quality food here at reasonable rates like they have in Europe. Don't get me wrong I can find some deals in Whole Foods too, but by and large you can expect to pay more buying natural and organic foods here. Now I've pretty much switched to using natural or organic personal products as well. Sometimes they cost just as much as the artificial stuff and I can certainly see an improvement in terms of how I feel and look overall, so it's worth it.

You're a smart one for giving up the artificial soda. Avoiding serious health issues down the line. :cool:

Archived