Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Bx6 Question

FamousNYLover

I was wondering if Google Map has error.

How does westbound eastbound Bx6 get from East 161st St/Elton Av to East 161st St/Washington Av and back to East 163rd St to continue it's trip?

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=East+163rd+St,+Bronx,+NY&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.188298,86.572266&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=E+163rd+St,+Bronx,+New+York&ll=40.823812,-73.911188&spn=0.005683,0.00912&z=16&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=East+163rd+St,+Bronx,+NY&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.188298,86.572266&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=E+163rd+St,+Bronx,+New+York&ll=40.823812,-73.911188&spn=0.005683,0.00912&z=16" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/GMAPS]

This is too confusing for me.

Please answer and thank you for response.

I was wondering if Google Map has error.

How does westbound eastbound Bx6 get from East 161st St/Elton Av to East 161st St/Washington Av and back to East 163rd St to continue it's trip?

Yes, Google Maps has an error.

I remember (from at least 13 years ago) the Bx6 eastbound using 161st, left Washington, right 163rd. Westbound used 163rd, left Elton, right 161st.

The bus stop shown at 161st/Washington used to be on Washington Avenue after the left turn from 161st. Since then, one block each of Washington Avenue and Brook Avenue were de-mapped, so the eastbound trips must now use Elton.

Most of Google Map's stop locations are way off and/or list defunct routes. It's still a great resource to find the general location of some place, though.

LIB stops apparently had their latitudes and longitudes rounded to 2 decimal places of precision for use on Google Maps, which is nowhere near precise enough. (2 dec places is a precision of 1 km)

Yuki, don't go by google's bus stop locations.... quite a bit of them are off....

I don't see what you're confused about...

I dont even bother with google do what everyone else does use the busmap ppl. I only use google to find places near a bus rte. google sucks hardcore for transit directions

Its an error. After the Bx6/Bx13 leaves Melrose Avenue stop, the next stop would be West of the Park shown there.

Its like if you drag the map to Crotona Avenue and Boston Road, you would see it shows that the Bx21 stops at Crotona Avenue not on Boston road for the Southbound side, which is false.

If anything you can always right click the location on google maps website and report the error.

I dont even bother with google do what everyone else does use the busmap ppl. I only use google to find places near a bus rte. google sucks hardcore for transit directions

...and that right there is the problem with a lot of the service suggestions that people make

(you included).....

I'm giving Yuki credit for wanting to check out the streets with which these buses run on....

The bus map only shows where limited stops are made on the routes that have LTD service; which doesn't define the Bx6....

...and that right there is the problem with a lot of the service suggestions that people make

(you included).....

I'm giving Yuki credit for wanting to check out the streets with which these buses run on....

The bus map only shows where limited stops are made on the routes that have LTD service; which doesn't define the Bx6....

I always double check the streets with google while using the map to see where rtes go and travel

Archived