Whats your favorite fast food resturant?

R188 7857

I may sound foolish for asking, but who is Five Guys??? While I don't do fast food, I am pretty familiar with the main names (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.), but these guys must be new or are located mainly in areas outside of NYC and are making an introduction or something... :confused:

Five Guys is a chain thats slowly growing in NYC. They are in many places in NJ (personally, I choose the NJ Five Guys over the NY restaurants). It's another Burger & Fries place but its worth it over the other common joints.

I'm trying to cut back on fast food but it hardly works...lol.

Ditto. I've been cutting back on Soda though, and I've been crashing really hard lately lol.

Though I forgot to mention, the ultimate fast food joint back in the day before it started disappearing all over the place......

.....Roy Rogers!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm with CS on the soda cutback, I have a 20 oz. bottle and I carry around homemade lemonade with brown sugar (makes it look like iced tea). By the middle of the day I would have drunk half of it so I get a cup of ice from McDonald's and pour it in the bottle I carry.

I forgot one restaurant...I have't been there yet but I really want to try it out:

RED ROBIN!!!

Ditto on the soda cutbacks. I stopped drinking like a [20oz] bottle every other day to like 1 bottle a week [weekends i still splurge like a soda can each day].

Past few months on weekends I usually go to Mcdonalds to buy a 20pc chicken nuggets order.

Holy cow... Well now I know someone does indeed by those 20 piece nugget deal... :eek:

I may sound foolish for asking, but who is Five Guys??? While I don't do fast food, I am pretty familiar with the main names (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.), but these guys must be new or are located mainly in areas outside of NYC and are making an introduction or something... :confused:

it's an overpriced burger joint that's popping up all over brooklyn & manhattan, I'd say quite rapidly.... not sure if there's any in queens, but....

in brooklyn, there's one in park slope, across methodist hospital.... one over on 5th/86th in bay ridge.... one in brooklyn heights on montague st.... and one over there by metrotech/jay st station (A)(C)(F)...

in manhattan, there's two near where I work at.... one about a block away from christopher st (1), and another one around where the M5 used to end at; houston st/laguardia pl....

there's one along fulton st in lwr. manhattan as well, not too far from this pizzeria where I stopped eating from called "lisa's pizzeria".... which doesn't make sense b/c there's a burger king, and like 2 other (local) burger spots around/along that strip of fulton st... the same stretch of fulton st where all those south st. seaport shoppers walk along....

-----

btw, Have you heard of a burger joint called "cheeburger cheeburger"...

(I still say someone overheard me say that word... I want naming rights dammit....)

Holy cow... Well now I know someone does indeed by those 20 piece nugget deal... :eek:

20pc isn't really that big a deal, the walk from my house to the nearest McD's isn't that short, so it's a good exercise. that plus I usually have a very light breakfast in the morning. The soda thing I've cut back on a long while ago since last year.

Yeah I'm with CS on the soda cutback, I have a 20 oz. bottle and I carry around homemade lemonade with brown sugar (makes it look like iced tea). By the middle of the day I would have drunk half of it so I get a cup of ice from McDonald's and pour it in the bottle I carry.

I forgot one restaurant...I have't been there yet but I really want to try it out:

RED ROBIN!!!

Redddddd Robin... Yuuccckkkkk !

No thanks... ate from there twice... got sick both times.... Never again.

I'm into nuggets y'all.... I'm into nuggets y'all.... ketchup and may-yyyo... .ketchup and may-yyyo..

***REEE-MIIIXXX***

I'm into nuggets y'all.... I.. I.. I...I'm into nuggets y'all.... ket ket ket ketchup & may-yyyo..... ket ket ket ketchup & may-yyyo...

.....Roy Rogers!

I hear colleagues & friends talkin about it, but I still can't find one around....

Favorites:

2) Burger King - Good burgers, bland fries

3) Subway - Love the sammiches :( (but they're expensive at $6 for a footlong)

4) KFC - Mmmmmmm, fired chicken (commence Homer Simpson drool sound)

7) Wendy's - Burgers are good and those frostys.....

8) White Castle - Unlike everyone else, White Castle does NOT make me run to the terlet :P

9) Pizza

Restaurants I hate:

1) McDonald's (McDiarrhea) - Food poisoning

5) Sushi - Don't want to eat raw fish

6) Chinese Food - I'm beginning to question what they make their stuff out of. (and food poisoning. on more than one occasion.)

[weekends i still splurge like a soda can each day].

Wait.....splurging is considered one soda can? Well then, I guess the 2 liters of diet soda per day is eating like a king then :P

(I still say someone overheard me say that word... I want naming rights dammit....)

There is one at Bricktown Center.

I hear colleagues & friends talkin about it, but I still can't find one around....

They are mostly in New Jersey now, the one across from Madison Square Garden still exists. The one before that (which was located around the Broadway-Nassau area) got closed down and replaced by either the EXTRA Wendys or the Popeyes. I know for sure there is one in Secaucus, I'm definitely going there sometime soon.

Or at least, according to this http://www.royrogersrestaurants.com/#/findroys

Forgot to add one of my new favorites, Checkers!

To you it maybe nothing, but to me I'm trying to stay away from that sugary junk.

:eek: diet soda isn't sugary. That's the whole point of it being diet soda.

Lol, what's w/you and diarreha?

Well, there are reasons for the 2 diarrhea references actually. The one reference about White Castle, someone I know doesn't like WC because it makes 'em "run to the bathroom" :(

The second one, about McCrapnalds, is just one in a series of names after the 2 days of non-stop pain, running (to the bathroom) and profuse vomiting caused by ONE BURGER AND YOGURT from there.

I passed by a cheeburger cheeburger on the B69 today. It's along Seventh Avenue but I'm not sure of the street that crosses it.

it's either 2nd st or 3rd st... I know it's past garfield (heading south).....

there's one out in forest hills also, along Queens blvd.... that's the first time I seen one; I was on a Qm11....

3) Subway: I've pretty much boycotted subway...

Bring Back Blimpies !!!!

The meat at Subway has a bland taste. Quiznos gives you more meat and the meat tastes better (though I wouldn't call it health food).

Since Dominos is the only chain pizza place in my area, it's my default 'fav'. Had a papa johns pie and hated it. I don't understand how anyone can say it is good.

I don't eat pizza anymore due to my acne condition, but back when I ate pizza I thought Papa John's was the best. It has the right combination of cheese and tomato sauce.

I'm trying to cut back on fast food but it hardly works...lol.

I like McDonald's fries and nuggets and their McDoubles (where available). I can have two McDoubles and an Arizona and I'll be good.

I like Burger King's fries, but not so much ever their burgers. Ever since they stopped making the Buck Doubles and replaced them with the stackers, I stopped going there.

I love Wendy's sea salt fries, and their chicken nuggets. Their burgers are not bad, but I prefer McD's burgers.

I haven't tried Five Guys Burgers and Fries yet but I'll get around to it someday.

And lastly, CHINESE FOOD!!! But I'm careful where I buy from because some places are dirty, and those letter grades don't do justice.

I alternate between fast food and cold sandwiches (ham and cheese or tuna). I don't drink soda at all (thought I drink Snapple and Arizona).

It's not a big deal. A 20 piece nugget is roughly the same as three McChicken sandwiches (and believe me, eating 3 McChicken sandwiches is doable).

People seem to have forgotten about Subway being healthy-eating oriented rather than "we're going to take this sub and cram as much meat in between the bread as humanly possible."

I had Quizno's once last spring and it was good stuff. A pity it closed.

Wendy's new fries are even saltier than the original. I understand the whole natural vs. artifical argument when it comes to salt and all that, but how does the natural stuffcome off as being even more saltier?

And lastly, CHINESE FOOD!!! But I'm careful where I buy from because some places are dirty, and those letter grades don't do justice.
I remember that I bought Chinese food at Parkchester (somewhere near Metro Oval) 3 years ago, and believe it or not, the chicken wings was so f*ckin' dirty, that I had to dump it in the trash. What's worse is that I checked it AFTER I left the restaurant. I never went there ever again. :tdown:

it's an overpriced burger joint that's popping up all over brooklyn & manhattan, I'd say quite rapidly.... not sure if there's any in queens, but....

in brooklyn, there's one in park slope, across methodist hospital.... one over on 5th/86th in bay ridge.... one in brooklyn heights on montague st.... and one over there by metrotech/jay st station (A)(C)(F)...

in manhattan, there's two near where I work at.... one about a block away from christopher st (1), and another one around where the M5 used to end at; houston st/laguardia pl....

there's one along fulton st in lwr. manhattan as well, not too far from this pizzeria where I stopped eating from called "lisa's pizzeria".... which doesn't make sense b/c there's a burger king, and like 2 other (local) burger spots around/along that strip of fulton st... the same stretch of fulton st where all those south st. seaport shoppers walk along....

-----

I disagree. The prices at Five Guys are pretty fair. Where else can you get a bacon cheeseburger with 2 patties with all the toppings you want and a bag full of season fries and free refills on your soda and sit down in a 50s' style diner interior while classic rock:cool: is played off XM radio for 13 bucks? AND, you also get unlimited free peanuts. The service is great, the food is great, and the music is fantastic! To me, there's nothing better than that.

I disagree. The prices at Five Guys are pretty fair. Where else can you get a bacon cheeseburger with 2 patties with all the toppings you want and a bag full of season fries and free refills on your soda and sit down in a 50s' style diner interior while classic rock:cool: is played off XM radio for 13 bucks? AND, you also get unlimited free peanuts. The service is great, the food is great, and the music is fantastic! To me, there's nothing better than that.

They're in PA and NJ too, by the way. I think it's a whole regional brand, if not a national one

:eek: diet soda isn't sugary. That's the whole point of it being diet soda.

Maybe it isn't loaded with sugar, but it's usually loaded with sodium, so it's like trading diabetes for a stroke. :P In fact diet soda is just as bad as regular soda when you see all of the crap they add to it to make up for the loss of the tons of sugar the keep out of it.

To you it maybe nothing, but to me I'm trying to stay away from that sugary junk.

So you drink diet soda, but order a 20 piece nugget and use 5 packets of BBQ sauce which is loaded with what?? Sugar... lol

Of course I treat myself to things from time to time, but in moderation. Folks really don't know what they're eating; that and the size portions.

The meat at Subway has a bland taste. Quiznos gives you more meat and the meat tastes better (though I wouldn't call it health food).

It's not a big deal. A 20 piece nugget is roughly the same as three McChicken sandwiches (and believe me, eating 3 McChicken sandwiches is doable).

1) I don't eat from subway no more, but when I did, their cold cuts did have an awkward taste to it, you're right.... from then on, I would only get the pastrami sandwich.... The only Quizno's I ever been to, was the one out in Patchogue... I whoofed down that double cheese cheesesteak sammich so fast, I didn't have the chance to enjoy it... too worried over if my bus would come or not; plus I didn't want it to get cold....

The one over @ 23rd/Madison I don't trust for some reason....

2) 20 pc. nuggets aint nothin for me either.... haven't ate mickey d's in a minute, but my "norm" was to get a 20 pc nuggets, 2 cheeseburgers, lg fries, & a lg soda....

Everything you mentioned b/w the refills & peanuts (inclusive) means nothing if you're eating take out.....

Don't know what five guys you went to, or when... but I ate from 5 guys, twice.... first time was @ the one over by Christopher st, about 3 mos. ago... got a cheeseburger & regular fries alone - it came out to 12 something... I went to a local newsstand and bought a bottle sprite, or else it would've came out to 15 bucks if I got a drink....

went to the one over in bay ridge a couple weeks ago; the same thing was around 11 bucks....

I'm not knockin the food, I'm knockin the prices...

For the common working man, that is expensive, I'm sorry.