Whats your favorite fast food resturant?

R188 7857

I forgot about these :

Taco Bell - I don't eat it that much. The food is not that good its ok.

HOT DOGS - :drool: Pretty awesome! I buy packages of uncooked beef franks from nathans and heat them up in the microwave and then I eat it with buns.

I LOVE SODA, but I don't drink too much,

Water is the best.

Flavored water is bad to me ;) oh well

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm talking about Nathan's Famous.

I only go there during the off season; the prices are slightly cheaper... and ever since they re-designed (condensed) the interior of the place, it provides even more of a haven for *stuff* to break out while waitin on the lines....

the newbies they have in training at the registers don't help matters.... although I try to help them out whenever I can; most folks would just call them all sorts of names & curse them out.... teenage asian kids; they don't bother nobody....

but I am sick of that bum/hustler that stands there askin for change.... he usually has the backpack w/ the retractable handle....

Tell me you're joking.

I wish I was....

lol... You eat more pizza than me and I'm Sicilian. :P

The manager (who's also Italian) decided to buy everyone in our dept. pizza this past wednesday.... it's only about 25 of us.... bought about 8 or 9 pies....

guess who the first pie went to.... guess who ran through that sucka in about 10 mins....

The line he uses at me whenever he orders pizza for us, is:

"I know you're good for a pie or two... save some for the rest of us"

....one of the perks of having a high metabolism, I suppose.... have it not been for that, and all the walkin I do, I would easily be double my weight.... and none of the men in my family are above an average build (meaning fat, slightly obese, obese, hippopotamus, etc).... come to think of it, only both the aunt's on my mom's side are overweight (one of which is diabetic).....

The manager (who's also Italian) decided to buy everyone in our dept. pizza this past wednesday.... it's only about 25 of us.... bought about 8 or 9 pies....

guess who the first pie went to.... guess who ran through that sucka in about 10 mins....

The line he uses at me whenever he orders pizza for us, is:

"I know you're good for a pie or two... save some for the rest of us"

....one of the perks of having a high metabolism, I suppose.... have it not been for that, and all the walkin I do, I would easily be double my weight.... and none of the men in my family are above an average build (meaning fat, slightly obese, obese, hippopotamus, etc).... come to think of it, only both the aunt's on my mom's side are overweight (one of which is diabetic).....

lol... I'm not going to lie. One of the things I decided to do when traveling around in Italy was to try the pizza from city to city and each city has completely different pizza. Once I ate schiacciata (which is like a salty bread, but it is used in parts of Italy (i.e. Tuscany to make pizza)) and I thought I was eating saltine crackers. lol It is a very thin style flatbread and rather salty.

In Naples, I immediately went and had the classic Neapolitan pizza, then took some photos (all in the rain), walked about and saw some places I wanted to see and then stopped and had more pizza, this time a sausage and spinach pizza, but the modern style Neapolitan pizza. Still remember how great that was. I've had pizza in Venice and Perugia as well, and they were both quite different. I didn't have the chance to eat any in Sicily because I was too busy downing cannoli, cassata (a Sicilian dessert), arancini (rice balls) and Sicilian ice cream. :cool:

The differences usually are in the breads. Each region makes their own breads and that affects what type of breads they use for making the equivalent of what could be considered a pizza. For example in Florence, their pizzas can also be "schiacciatinas" which is an olive oil bread or more like a focaccia, so you'll see quite a few focaccerias in addition to pizzerias. They aren't big on putting sauce on their pizza, as that is done moreso in the south. Of course you can find pizzerias in Florence that do though, but basically each region will have what they consider to be "their own pizza".

That is one of the reasons that I order a lot of pizza without sauce usually like "white pizzas" with olive oil and such instead of the sauce. Here of course people are freaked out by the idea of pizza without tomato sauce as they think it is "un-Italian" :P, but what they don't realize is that they're usually having Neapolitan style pizza and that pizza is not all the same throughout Italy. :P

My favorite has become Subway. I like their Meatball Sub.

Meatball Marinara FTW!!!

Ok, I basically eat anywhere, never been to White Castle though. Would go there, Shake Shack, Checkers, and many places to eat. No problem here.

Meatball Marinara FTW!!!

Ok, I basically eat anywhere, never been to White Castle though. Would go there, Shake Shack, Checkers, and many places to eat. No problem here.

You must go to White Castle.

I'm more of a chinese and jamaican food type person, though I've fell back a bit on it because it's generally "not too healthy". It's more of a once in every 3 months type meal now. There's nothing wrong with 'cheating' every now and then -- 3 month intervals is sufficient.

However, McDonalds used to be my favorite destination with 2 cheeseburgers and 10-pc chicken mcnuggets as 'the main meal', but that was a while ago.

The Blimpies on Hillside and Sutphin has been shut down by the health department. Mind you, I've been going there for an entire semester. I could simply get off the Q20/44, buy my food, and get back on since I had an unlimited. Even if it reopens, I'm not going back there. I don't want rat poop on my ham and cheese sandwich.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8) White Castle: I eat em on occasion... have to be in a particular mood for it...

This is very true. Whenever my friends and I go to White Castle we get so hyped up for it (and getting the itis afterward). You can only eat White Castle if you go all the way and pig out.

it's an overpriced burger joint that's popping up all over brooklyn & manhattan, I'd say quite rapidly.... not sure if there's any in queens, but....

There's one at Rego Center and another in Bay Terrace shopping center. IDK about any others.

There's another blimpie's over there by queensboro plaza.... it's combined w/ some'n else (it's not it's own bldg)... it's on the same side of Queens plaza where the Q66, Q69, B62, etc. ends at....

Anyway, if the weather is right (or in one of my "iont care when I get back to work moods"), I take the (E) to Queens plaza & walk back (towards the bridge) & get a couple ham & turkey sammiches for lunch....

That Blimpie's is gone, unfortunately. I wanted to eat there a few months ago but it's replaced by some panini place IINM...

And the winner is...

1-Chipotle

I'm surprised it took this long for Chipotle to pop up in this thread. I've only been there once but my friends go there all the time and it's great. I love their burritos. Also the fact that they factor in tax when you pay is a plus too. Prices are kinda high but still reasonable.

I like McDonalds for the convenience (there's almost always one around) but I usually only order a bunch of dollar menu burgers (McDouble/McChicken) for lunch instead of getting the bigger stuff. I also like their shakes and McFrappes. Burger King tastes better IMO because they flame broil their burgers. They also have great chicken fries. Let's not get started on those Hershey pies! I'd say Wendy's is the best out of the 3 because of their burgers and the variety they have. Aside from Manhattan Wendys' restaurants, the ones in outer boroughs are pretty cheap.

I love Popeyes as well. I've only ever gotten a popcorn chicken from KFC but I want to try their Double Down. Taco Bell is another place where you get great value - the $5 buck box can't be beat.

Hmm... The day that we can get more fast food places that serve healthy options that are relatively cheap AND easily available, I think we'll see some changes maybe in the waste lines. I can't recall if I listed this place or not, but Pret A Manger is a "fast food" spot for me, even though they have all natural products and some organic products and they serve fresh fruit too which I think is great like grapes and such. Compared to the dollar menu places, their prices would be considered high, but for something quick and healthy on the go, the quality of the food is great.

The thing is that they're basically situated in Manhattan, and most places are not opened on the weekends, as they are basically catering to the working class professionals that don't mind spending $10 - 15.00 for lunch for say some sparkling water, a relatively healthy sandwich (i.e. chicken breast, falafel wraps, etc), some fresh fruit and a yogurt. The one across the street from Bryant Park I frequent from time to time in the springtime or when it is nice outside I want to have lunch in the park.

There's one at Rego Center and another in Bay Terrace shopping center. IDK about any others.

Fresh Meadows by 188th & Horace Harding. Downtown Manhattan along Fulton Street, Queens Center Mall, 34th between 8th and 9th (terrible spot), I forgot which part but it was along 3rd avenue between 40th and 60th Streets.

I still say, the best "Five Guys" joints are in New Jersey. They may be overpriced but you get a lot of stuff.

Fresh Meadows by 188th & Horace Harding. Downtown Manhattan along Fulton Street, Queens Center Mall, 34th between 8th and 9th (terrible spot), I forgot which part but it was along 3rd avenue between 40th and 60th Streets.

I still say, the best "Five Guys" joints are in New Jersey. They may be overpriced but you get a lot of stuff.

You aint lying. I stopped at one on a dh and a burger and fries was $9.63. I got a ton of fries tho.

Those 5 guys burgers are delish and they overkill with the f.f but there burgurs give me stomach aches B)

Next stop, 5 napkin burger

but my all time fav is Jackson hole burgers.

Sounds like you need some warm milk and cookies... -_- LOL...

On a side note, I had a killer medium well done bacon cheese burger (still a bit pink inside but nice and juicy with Swiss cheese) on Saturday w/an order of French fries at one of my sports bars in the city and some good Belgian beers (Duvel & Chimay Grand Réserve) :cool:. Nothing like a good cut of beef to kick off the evening, but I try not to do it too much, as both the alcohol and burgers can become addictive. :)

Sounds like you need some warm milk and cookies... -_- LOL...

On a side note, I had a killer medium well done bacon cheese burger (still a bit pink inside but nice and juicy with Swiss cheese) on Saturday w/an order of French fries at one of my sports bars in the city and some good Belgian beers (Duvel & Chimay Grand Réserve) :cool:. Nothing like a good cut of beef to kick off the evening, but I try not to do it too much, as both the alcohol and burgers can become addictive. B)

How the hell can you drink beer? Just smelling it makes me sick l0l. Lmfao beer & burgers :confused: idk about that now.

How the hell can you drink beer? Just smelling it makes me sick l0l. Lmfao beer & burgers :confused: idk about that now.

LOL... You're probably thinking of that sh*tty beer like Budweiser or Bud Light (boring lager beers)... :eek: :eek: If that's what you're thinking about then yeah I can understand your hesitation, as those beers are like drinking piss. The beers that I drink, most of them have been aged like fine wine (ale beers). They've got very complex flavors and are certainly not like the average crappy beer that you're thinking of. They also are very light too, but they give you a good kick in the @ss if you know what I mean in that they're strong. I used to think the same way about beer until I discovered the finer beers and started to appreciate it. Believe me I've drank about 100 different beers and I can tell you now that there are probably a good 10 - 15 that are part of my regular rotation.