Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

LaGuardia Airport Access Public Meeting 6-22-11 18:30 to 20:00

FamousNYLover

Anyone plan to attend this meeting?

I just got sent this information from Transportation Alternative community.

DOT, (MTA) and the Port Authority are working together to improve transit connections to LaGuardia Airport. Learn more the upcoming project, which seeks to improve connections to transit hubs and commercial districts, and improve neighborhood bus service.

P.S. 69

7702 37th Avenue

Queens

Contact Information:

Contact by email LaGuardia @zetlin.com

Kaitlyn Pezik

212-799-8803 x22

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me unless the following are added, not sure what could done to improve access to LGA. Some options

1)Extend the Q47 to Woodside LIRR and also extend it to the main terminals.

2)Create a Bronx-LGA route via RFK Triboro Bridge to take off overcrowding on the (M60).

3)Bulid an 'airtrain' between Willets Point/Citifield (7)/LIRR station and LGA.

4)Merge the Q32/Q33 but this only works if the Queensboro Bridge and 5th/Madison could get Bus only lanes.

Other than not alot you can do.

To me unless the following are added, not sure what could done to improve access to LGA. Some options

1)Extend the Q47 to Woodside LIRR and also extend it to the main terminals.

2)Create a Bronx-LGA route via RFK Triboro Bridge to take off overcrowding on the (M60).

3)Bulid an 'airtrain' between Willets Point/Citifield (7)/LIRR station and LGA.

4)Merge the Q32/Q33 but this only works if the Queensboro Bridge and 5th/Madison could get Bus only lanes.

Other than not alot you can do.

I guess I am not the only one smart enough to think LGA needs a bronx route. The Q33 doesn't need to merge with a duplicate route like the 32. Airtrain to willets point alone not good enough make it go to jamacia too. To create a type of crosstown LIRR line sort of. Let Q45 go express to LGA via BQE to take crowding off of the Q33. Problem we already had idiots bash the BX LGA idea on this forum

I guess I am not the only one smart enough to think LGA needs a bronx route. The Q33 doesn't need to merge with a duplicate route like the 32. Airtrain to willets point alone not good enough make it go to jamacia too. To create a type of crosstown LIRR line sort of. Let Q45 go express to LGA via BQE to take crowding off of the Q33. Problem we already had idiots bash the BX LGA idea on this forum

No it's a dumb move IMO to have a LGA bus route use the BQE when it can be a 'parking lot' at any time. The (MTA) actually before the fiscal crisis in '07 proposed a Fordham Center-LGA via RFK Triboro to take off 'overcrowding' from the (M60).

IMO when the crisis is over I expect a new Bronx-LGA route via the RFK Triboro to be one of the first new routes the (MTA) creates.

I also suggest to (MTA) that Q19 bus stop at Astoria Blvd/31st St to relocate to 31st St between Astoria Blvd/Hoyt Av.

That way people travelling between Astoria Blvd Stations and 94th St/23rd Av-Astoria Blvd could use either M60, Q19.

This could also relief crowd also.

Current eastbound Q19 bus stop is too far apart from eastbound M60 stop.

No it's a dumb move IMO to have a LGA bus route use the BQE when it can be a 'parking lot' at any time. The (MTA) actually before the fiscal crisis in '07 proposed a Fordham Center-LGA via RFK Triboro to take off 'overcrowding' from the (M60).

IMO when the crisis is over I expect a new Bronx-LGA route via the RFK Triboro to be one of the first new routes the (MTA) creates.

true but that is long term I think a guideway parrallel to the major parkways in NYC for bus use only would help make rtes more feasable. Like I278 the belt(notsure) and FDR and all highways used by MTA like a guideway in between the HRD and I-87 that will reroute buses off of those parking lots and increase bus speeds.

When I take Manhattan-bound (M60), I often since LGA, College Point buses and Correctional Buses using Grand Central Parkway.

the bronx LGA rte should use the grand central and bypass astoria then let another rte from bronx go to jackson heights via astoria and BQE

the bronx LGA rte should use the grand central and bypass astoria then let another rte from bronx go to jackson heights via astoria and BQE

Again why you never give up with the BQE DJQJtrainmastrer? Most of the other guys and myself have told you buses would get stuck in traffic.

Maybe re-route something like the (Q45) to go to Astoria. Let riders use a possible future LGA-Bronx and then transfer in Astoria or LGA to get to other parts of Queens.

;)

I also suggest to (MTA) that Q19 bus stop at Astoria Blvd/31st St to relocate to 31st St between Astoria Blvd/Hoyt Av.

That way people travelling between Astoria Blvd Stations and 94th St/23rd Av-Astoria Blvd could use either M60, Q19.

This could also relief crowd also.

Current eastbound Q19 bus stop is too far apart from eastbound M60 stop.

No joke great idea Yuki:tup:. If you do that, then you could have a few (M60)during rush hour run non-stop 'express' between 31st/Astoria Blvd (N)(Q)

station and LGA terminals.

Speaking of traffic, I could give you example.

I went to Boston Trip with two Japanese guests via MegaBus on St. Patrick's Day.

Our return trip was 8:30pm South Station departure and this bus was very late.

There came to traffic around I-95/I-278 around midnight, and our bus did not get to 28th St (1) Station about 1:00 next morning.

When I also went to DC via MegaBus during February 2010 storm with one Japanese guest, our 6:40am bus was broken down and had to wait for 56 minutes for replacement bus which left 7:45am, but arrived DC 9th St H St Parking Lot early.

It got stuck on NJ Turnpike traffic due to accident and one southbound NJT Extention lane was used for Bus Access.

On 5:30pm return trip, which nice supervisior let us on since 11:59pm was cancel due to blizzard warning and bus was not full.

We got stuck on traffic on NJ Turnpike traffic, and in rest area by gas station, driver was exchange and it took pass midnight.

Another example, when I went to landlord's funeral party at Lake Carmel, NY to Buddahist Temple of USA I think with a friend, Chinese lady who was charge of bus, and she knew my landlord and let us on their car, where we had conversation with her mother who spoke very good Japanese.

When we hit Throgs Neck Bridge, it took miseraly 30 to 50 minutes.

When I was living in Manhattan.

I also experience terribe trip on mysterious Rockland 20 which departured Palisade Mall weekday at 5:20pm, (Monday) I think).

Since I did not study this route, it was mysterious, too many turns, no mark street signs or too small to return.

Once it hit the Route 4 approach to Lincoln Center, HEAVEY TRAFFIC.

I was afraid my No. #1 was about to exploded due to longest ride ever, with HEAVIEST TRAFFIC.

After that, I was so exhauted and I sit down on front thing on M96 because this M96 I took was PACKED and my feet were asleep due to awful Rockland Coach #20 ride.

Another example, when I went to landlord's funeral party at Lake Carmel, NY to Buddahist Temple of USA I think with a friend, Chinese lady who was charge of bus, and she knew my landlord and let us on their car, where we had conversation with her mother who spoke very good Japanese.

When we hit Throgs Neck Bridge, it took miseraly 30 to 50 minutes.

When I was living in Manhattan.

I also experience terribe trip on mysterious Rockland 20 which departured Palisade Mall weekday at 5:20pm, (Monday) I think).

Since I did not study this route, it was mysterious, too many turns, no mark street signs or too small to return.

Once it hit the Route 4 approach to Lincoln Center, HEAVEY TRAFFIC.

I was afraid my No. #1 was about to exploded due to longest ride ever, with HEAVIEST TRAFFIC.

After that, I was so exhauted and I sit down on front thing on M96 because this M96 I took was PACKED and my feet were asleep due to awful Rockland Coach #20 ride.

buddy the 20 is NOT meant to be a direct ride it's several local buses merged into one regional!!!! The best way is use monsey to williamsburg express. Now you know why I came up with guideway ideas!!!!!!!!

I was at Palisade Mall and Monsey does not stop there.

use 59 line to nayak for the #9 or to spring valley for monsey or TZX to tarrytown for metro-north. The 9 has less turns and twists. The 20 is no more than a connector rte that has several functions at once

I was with retired museum friend and she only had car and she was giving me tour and she paid for my bus fare on Rockland Coach #20 and I couldn't use TOR since I only had lunch money. She always paid for my train and bus fare when I go back to city.

Was gonna attend, but skipped.

I pretty much would like to see the Q23 gain access to LGA.

I also heard that there is suppose to be a BX50 Bus thats suppose to head to Queens with a maybe split from WF/KB.. Rumors tho..

Was gonna attend, but skipped.

I pretty much would like to see the Q23 gain access to LGA.

I also heard that there is suppose to be a BX50 Bus thats suppose to head to Queens with a maybe split from WF/KB.. Rumors tho..

BX50 = godsend

Archived