Throwies...

The Real

Some throwback photos that I just dug up from my collection that never made it onto TTMG, Enjoy!

NYCB_Nova_9460.jpg

9460 out of Gun Hill on the Bx28

NYCB_Nova_9492.jpg

9492 on layover before a trip on the Q32 out of Hudson Pier (notice the Alcoas)

NYCB_NFI_5508.jpg

5508 operating out of Flatbush

NYCB_Orion_108.jpg

108 on the X51 before repowering

NYCB_Orion_6043.jpg

6043 out of Hale on the M60

MTAB_Nova_9298.jpg

9298 out of Yonkers Depot on the BxM18 Line. (Second day of MTA takover from Liberty)

Is 5508 photoshopped? The "See Sign Below" reading is slanted.

Sorry, I don't photoshop my photos except to put my signature on the bottom. Just like a lot of buses around the city, the sign managed to shimmy itself loose.

When I DO photoshops, I say it is.

wow you have been shooting for how long??

Thats an awesome batch!

And that M60 Ex-MCH Orion 5 is HOWT!!!

I've been shooting transit equipment since I was 13. Here are some of my first photos when I first started, back when I was using disposable cameras, before digital....

QSC_TMC_291.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8633.jpg

NYCB_GMC_2222.jpg

NYCB_GMC_4429.jpg

NYCB_Orion_261.jpg

Sorry, I don't photoshop my photos except to put my signature on the bottom. Just like a lot of buses around the city, the sign managed to shimmy itself loose.

When I DO photoshops, I say it is.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I haven't seen those signs become loose for so long, I forgot it happened... Though I do remember the bus rollsigns (GMC RTS) having that problem. Sorry for the assumption.

I've been shooting transit equipment since I was 13. Here are some of my first photos when I first started, back when I was using disposable cameras, before digital....

QSC_TMC_291.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8633.jpg

NYCB_GMC_2222.jpg

NYCB_GMC_4429.jpg

NYCB_Orion_261.jpg

I LOVE all the pics but I truly love the 2nd and 4th pic cause that was in my old neighborhood. In fact, I see my building in the 2nd pic and I remember those buses too. Thanks for taking me back to Memory Lane with these photo sTrevor

Who makes those rims that were on the Orion Vs and other buses until the C40s came onto (MTA) property?

And what was with the Alcoas on the RTS? Doesn't look right, and I thought Alcoa rims couldn't take urban environments without heating up to the point of no return.

And what was with the Alcoas on the RTS? Doesn't look right, and I thought Alcoa rims couldn't take urban environments without heating up to the point of no return.
For several years, beginning in 1994, MTA decided to experiment by bringing in buses with Alcoa rims instead of the usual five-pronged ones (don't know the name). It was a failed experiment, so they began to phase them out in 2000. A shame, because I loved it when the buses had those rims. The five-pronged ones were too samey for me.

That said, wow, Trev. REALLY nice work! The BxM18 RTS made my jaw drop. Both in quality and the fact that the MTA put one there at one point. :tup: :tup:

Archived