17-year-old girl faces rap in vicious beatdown of Bronx bus driver

akkuma2k

Can't B/Os fight back? Because I know if someone ever just punched me for no reason, they'd be on the floor in 1/2 a second.

kinda hard to fight back when someone is swinging at you and you have your seat belt on then a bar that has button on it that must be pressed to disengage the lock then you have to get up.in all that time your getting rocked trying to defend yourself. attacker always has a upper hand. when ever i feel that a bad situation is going to happen i show that I'm taking my seat beat off and lowering that crowd bar. I think it show that hey I'm ready to go if you want and I'm not going to be a sitting duck here.

The prosecutors were asking only $10,000 bail, and yet the judge

let her go. She should be facing attempted murder charges, if it wasn't

for the other passengers who had to restrain her I am sure it would

have come to that.

I think the union should demand the judge resign or be reasigned to some other cases. How can anyone let such a low life scum just walk free? Sure the b!tch is a minor, but that's not an excuse to be let off without any sort of punishment/prison time.

OMFG and she got beaten just cause she trying to protect her dog? That bus driver has issues.

I'm guessing you meant:

"OMFG and she got beaten just cause she trying to do her job? That girl with the dog has issues."

Because the driver was the one who got injured

Another reason why that **** should have been thrown in prison. With this retarded judge, why don't we just release EVERYONE in prison WITHOUT BAIL. What's a few hundred thousand criminals? That's just cake.

Some of you are getting too comfortable using vulgar language.......

rr, you are not the only one by any means either.

kinda hard to fight back when someone is swinging at you and you have your seat belt on then a bar that has button on it that must be pressed to disengage the lock then you have to get up.in all that time your getting rocked trying to defend yourself. attacker always has a upper hand. when ever i feel that a bad situation is going to happen i show that I'm taking my seat beat off and lowering that crowd bar. I think it show that hey I'm ready to go if you want and I'm not going to be a sitting duck here.

Most of the time when a passenger spits, punches, throws something at the B/O they are usually out the door in record time, it's a lot easier like you said to attack somebody when they are sitting down with their seat belt, even more so when they are driving.

It's a different playing field when the B/O is outside the bus standing face to face with their attacker, but you never know what somebody has on them in terms of a weapon.

May I suggest that the parking brake be engaged prior to slug fest. I was assaulted one time and struck while bus was in motion. Seat belt kept me in chair till safely stopped, engaged brake and then proceeded to decimate the wannabe Ali.

Some of you are getting too comfortable using vulgar language.......

rr, you are not the only one by any means either.

Alright, I'll stop the cursing, but it just pissed me off a bit that nothing was done. Guess what would have been done if a boy slambammed this B/O. I think we all know.

And all I learned from this is that all those 7 year stickers are pure B.S.

I've seen you on a fan trip and I can definitely agree with this statement.

heh heh ;)

This is why young punks who get on a bus think they run it , make a mess,no respect.. I mean think about it MTA operators get treated like garbage , the MTA don't care just drive the bus stay shut and do your job , the only thing missing is the whip and the sound of it smacking our backs. We deserve better treatment... Peace officers/operator ,sounds good to me

We deserve better treatment... Peace officers/operator ,sounds good to me

Actually by law you have more authority then the MTA permits. Additionally, you should read the 19A regulations about what are non chargeable accidents, but the MTA says they can have higher standards. Interesting, higher standards then the law just to screw their own workers. Bring on the whip!

Their seems to be a problem with some people with small dogs. Maybe they feel that their some kind of living toy because I see a lot of people with them in Home Depot, Path-mark, Kmart and of course buses and trains.As a dog owner and I have two, both big (mixed golden retriever/husky and black german shepard /chow) and have a responsibly that comes with owning a dog too much to mention here. The other day I walked one of my dogs to the park and as always they are leashed for their protection because some people with small dogs don,t seem to do so and it,s the law in all public parks unless noted in the park rules about the times. The bottom line is these two small dogs come up unleashed to me and one of my dogs and starts barking and jumping on me and my dog. These two ladies come yelling to their dogs but I,m the one holding on to the leash because I can see my dog is getting annoyed and ready to make a meal out of one of these small dogs. The bus operator acted accordingly and has a responsibility of the safety to the passengers as this was not a person with a disability and the need of a guide dog. Maybe this person is the one who needs to be on the leash. Just hope she is OK and the MTA sticks up for her.

If the dog was in her jacket I don't see how it would've been a problem, it's not like she brought a pack of wolves on the bus. Just wait for the next bus and hide it better until you get on.

HOWEVER to attack someone is just smh. I feel so bad for this lady, it doesn't make any sense. You can't justify this.

Smh if I could be her for 5 minutes and do that whole scene over I would, seatbelt on and everything, it would've been a wrap.

The B/O was 100% right for denying this savage beast entry inside the bus with her pooch. Was she disabled in any way? No. Did she have a right to take out her anger on a fellow B/O who was abiding the rules? No.

Section 1050.2

Definitions.

The following terms as used in these rules shall have the following meanings:

* “Service animal” means a guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to perform tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability that such person is unable to perform due to such disability, such as guiding persons with impaired vision, alerting persons with impaired hearing to sounds, pulling a wheelchair, retrieving dropped items or providing rescue assistance. The term service animal does not include a therapy animal or animal used for emotional support.

I don't know,is it worth getting ****** up over a dog when the girl will prolly exit the bus in a couple of stops? I would have looked the other if I was the B/O.

I don't know,is it worth getting ****** up over a dog when the girl will prolly exit the bus in a couple of stops? I would have looked the other if I was the B/O.

yeah but let that dog go to the bathroom on the bus or better bite someone, and the MTA wants to put the B/O on the street. Maybe you have forgotten that we have to be very defensive with our jobs. MTA don't want to hear that the lady was getting of the next stop and your were being a nice guy/girl. You seem to be a pretty chill dispatcher but management likes to go for the juggler with everything. If a video showed up of a dog peeing or pooping(non-service dog) on a bus and that was on the news MTA would be investigating the matter and the outcome would be bus operator out of work for sometime.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well would you rather be brought up on discrimination charges because you questioned someone about their service animal, get your ass handed to you, or take your chances getting caught letting some kid ride with a hidden pet buddy? I for one am not getting hit over someone's rule or finding out that the dog is a health companion by getting brought up on charges of discrimination. That goes for 21 years behind wheel and probably 20 more as a dispatcher.

I rather alleged decimation then video proof any day. Everyone has a camera phone now a days. Cant say that's not me in a video. I know how to play the system. Make a note on your trip sheet,if need be a too and from letter and call to console on the radio so everything is recorded. Like stated before you must be on the defense with everything you do not just your driving.some others might not go to that extent in such a simple matter but this job feeds me,my wife and my 19 month old daughter so i wont let anyone put my job in jeopardy.

Their seems to be a problem with some people with small dogs. Maybe they feel that their some kind of living toy because I see a lot of people with them in Home Depot, Path-mark, Kmart and of course buses and trains.As a dog owner and I have two, both big (mixed golden retriever/husky and black german shepard /chow) and have a responsibly that comes with owning a dog too much to mention here. The other day I walked one of my dogs to the park and as always they are leashed for their protection because some people with small dogs don,t seem to do so and it,s the law in all public parks unless noted in the park rules about the times. The bottom line is these two small dogs come up unleashed to me and one of my dogs and starts barking and jumping on me and my dog. These two ladies come yelling to their dogs but I,m the one holding on to the leash because I can see my dog is getting annoyed and ready to make a meal out of one of these small dogs. The bus operator acted accordingly and has a responsibility of the safety to the passengers as this was not a person with a disability and the need of a guide dog. Maybe this person is the one who needs to be on the leash. Just hope she is OK and the MTA sticks up for her.

I agree with you about the dog thing. Though I own a medium sized dog [beagle-basset mix], I tend to side with the larger dogs since it isn't their fault the owner of the smaller dog thinks their dog can do no wrong. smh at people who thinks their yorkies or such are just accessories rather than animals.

This is why young punks who get on a bus think they run it , make a mess,no respect.. I mean think about it MTA operators get treated like garbage , the MTA don't care just drive the bus stay shut and do your job , the only thing missing is the whip and the sound of it smacking our backs. We deserve better treatment... Peace officers/operator ,sounds good to me

at least the bus operators are better at their job than subway workers

at least the bus operators are better at their job than subway workers

You are sure a moronic jackass for saying something that insulting and stupid....SMFH. Do you ever think with whatever brain cells you have left b4 posting that and/or what you are about to say?

You just trolling or are you this stupid?

I honestly think he's naturally stupid b/c no intelligent person would make a dumbass comment like that or he's trying to boost his post count with foolishness and jackassary comments!

Archived