17-year-old girl faces rap in vicious beatdown of Bronx bus driver

akkuma2k

at least the bus operators are better at their job than subway workers

Based on what since they are two very different transit modes?

Subway employees work in a confined continuously life threatening enviroment, where the slightest error or oversight can kill them. Subway track workers work in enviroments of extreme heat, extreme cold, @ heights, or way below underground. Subway train operators and conductors have more training, working with much larger equipment and passenger crowds, and have larger responseability to handle mechanical issues before requesting assistance.

1,604,198,017 Subway riders in a year.:cool:

696,923,393 Bus riders in a year.:confused:

There are many other differences but hopefully this short response will open your eyes that there is really no way to evenly compare bus and subway employees.:tup:

I honestly think he's naturally stupid b/c no intelligent person would make a dumbass comment like that or he's trying to boost his post count with foolishness and jackassary comments!
Hmm... 1,118 posts... yeah, that says everything.

You just trolling or are you this stupid?
How about both, even though the latter really describes him A LOT.

I'm not telling the mods what they should/shouldn't do, but why should the rest of us continue to put up with that fool? Most of the time he posts nothing but nonsense. He's worse than people that bumps up 6month old threads just to start the conversation again.

seriously **** OFF THE TOPIC IS DEAD now stop harrassing me IDIOT learn something called tolerance

Dont worry about him,he's off his meds for that day.

I would elaborate I meant in terms of service reliability. However for mantainence the train guys can't be beat in that reguard. Hence why service is disrupted on weekends. Smart enough for ya geez I guess I wasn't clear enough.

You are sure a moronic jackass for saying something that insulting and stupid....SMFH. Do you ever think with whatever brain cells you have left b4 posting that and/or what you are about to say?

I honestly think he's naturally stupid b/c no intelligent person would make a dumbass comment like that or he's trying to boost his post count with foolishness and jackassary comments!

read my last comment as it makes more sense so back off now

So, what, you claim it is to boost the post count then? Then that's just as bad.

seriously **** OFF THE TOPIC IS DEAD now stop harrassing me IDIOT learn something called tolerance

Yeah, real respectful, call people 'idiots' because you can't post a well thought post and have to resort to name calling.

LOL at this thread......QJ busmaster ....is nothin but a troll.....and an announce.... Hes been put on watch by the Moderators and Admins on several sites....yet no one bans him for some strange reason.... I don't get it , he posts this garbage time after the time and on every site they just remove his posts instead of ban him. I really don't know the reason , i know 3 sites that would throw him off in a heartbeat.

LOL at this thread......QJ busmaster ....is nothin but a troll.....and an announce.... Hes been put on watch by the Moderators and Admins on several sites....yet no one bans him for some strange reason.... I don't get it , he posts this garbage time after the time and on every site they just remove his posts instead of ban him. I really don't know the reason , i know 3 sites that would throw him off in a heartbeat.

The reason is cause I have strengths and weaknesses my strengths can keep me off ban lists buddy. I am not completely stupid. I am not on 3 different sites either. Plus not all my posts are garbage cause I gether info the reason why I reduced my posts on NYC was I was getting data on travel patterns in NJ to perfect a plan I made a year ago however I admit it was flawed so I changed it several times and am close to completing it. Besides what 3 sites are u talking about I am only on city-data thats it

The reason is cause I have strengths and weaknesses my strengths can keep me off ban lists buddy. I am not completely stupid. I am not on 3 different sites either. Plus not all my posts are garbage cause I gether info the reason why I reduced my posts on NYC was I was getting data on travel patterns in NJ to perfect a plan I made a year ago however I admit it was flawed so I changed it several times and am close to completing it. Besides what 3 sites are u talking about I am only on city-data thats it

So, what, you claim it is to boost the post count then? Then that's just as bad.

Yeah, real respectful, call people 'idiots' because you can't post a well thought post and have to resort to name calling.

actually I had another post that was unrelated that elaborated on the other post calm down buddy

O and I use travel styles to get my point across you know nothing about me anyway.

at least the bus operators are better at their job than subway workers
this was what I meant.

I would elaborate I meant in terms of service reliability. However for mantainence the train guys can't be beat in that reguard. Hence why service is disrupted on weekends. Smart enough for ya geez I guess I wasn't clear enough.

B/O's are taught to use whatever means to avoid a confrontation.

I would think yes, you have the right to defend yourself if a passenger

hits you, but things could go really bad from there, you never know

what kind of a weapon they will pull out, which is how Edwin Thomas

got killed in Brooklyn, he was stabbed to death.

We as B/Os are trained to cut out any and all confrontations. When i was trained, I was told to sit there and take it! NOT ME!!! You come swingin at me, I'm swinging back! In the case of Edwin Thomas, he stepped off the bus to go after the dude that rocked him the first time. Him stepping off the bus made matters worst. It's a tragic story but that situation could have been avoided as well. The next rule is, DO NOT Exit the bus for ANY REASON when a confrontation arises!

We as B/Os are trained to cut out any and all confrontations. When i was trained, I was told to sit there and take it! NOT ME!!! You come swingin at me, I'm swinging back! In the case of Edwin Thomas, he stepped off the bus to go after the dude that rocked him the first time. Him stepping off the bus made matters worst. It's a tragic story but that situation could have been avoided as well. The next rule is, DO NOT Exit the bus for ANY REASON when a confrontation arises!

interesting

I don't understand why they don't put plexiglass sheilds (or whatever that really strong glass or clear material sheilds) by the drivers on all buses? I mean, it wouldn't be that expensive and it would protect the drivers.

I don't understand why they don't put plexiglass sheilds (or whatever that really strong glass or clear material sheilds) by the drivers on all buses? I mean, it wouldn't be that expensive and it would protect the drivers.

Like a train conductor on LIRR told me once " If it makes sense they don't do it" en quote

Like a train conductor on LIRR told me once " If it makes sense they don't do it" en quote

SOOO True!! Normally it takes someone to lose a life for them to do something but look, A B/O lost his life and they STILL haven't added plexiglass to the buses!!! Unreal!

SOOO True!! Normally it takes someone to lose a life for them to do something but look, A B/O lost his life and they STILL haven't added plexiglass to the buses!!! Unreal!

You want strong drugs come to the MTA headquarters for ur fix of stupidity. However I did meet a former board member I don't remember her name but when I actually said BXM4 would end up on axe list she actually looked concerned and said en quote "don't elderly ppl use it???" aparantly she hasn't used BXM4 which has most if not all ridership north of norwood. Sorry for off topic post. But the MTA + common sense= flying pigs. So sad I would have put plexiglass immediately after that or canned paper transfers as punishment to make an example of the man who killed the transfer and a B/O. But if you want stupidity that makes MTAnyc look intelligent try out MTAmaryland!!!! all you have to do is look at I-270 and the bus schedule of the line on it nuff said that is all you need to compreheand the circus in MD makes NYC look brilliant. If you want rail FAIL look at MARC. The greenpoint line is the MTA's biggest FAIL yet 2 trains vs 10+ jitney bus departures yes MTA literally has no sense at all.

Archived