Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

NJT NABI 5574 on 317

Thats VERY VERY ODD!!! The 317??? If anything they should have borrowed an MCI from the Turnersville garage and used an NABI on a Turnersville bus route that runs a shorter distance ( ie> 406, 412). Lately Newton Avenue MCIs have been showing up on Turnersville routes such as the 554 and even on the 459 ( I rode 7560 a few weeks ago). But the 317 is the longest route out of Newton Avenue, I don't understand that one!!

*laughs*

(not at the picture itself, but the fact that a NABI's on the 317)

...by the way, right now there's nothin showin on the OP (original post), nor is there a link available; had to go to your photo gallery page to check it out....

Thats like putting a nabi on the 139....

But worse, since the 317 is the longest route in the NJT system time-wise. (except for the 319 to the Wildwoods/Cape May)

Can you imagine driving or riding that thing for 4 hours one-way???

Had I been given that bus for a 4hr route...my exact words would have been...."kiss my ass". Shyt the 317 is a 10-11hr run in itself round trip...smfh

This is a Epic Fail broken down mci or not. I bet any amount of money Newton Av had a MCI that was fit for the trip on chyll mode.

IIRC, these NABI's are built in one of those southern states (Alabama?) and are driven to Jersey on their own power, so someone has done that before lol.

That NABI didn't even have reading lights because it was a transit NABI, and since it was out of Newton Ave, it had the coin machine, like how they use 'en on the 409 to Burlington in Full Service

That NABI didn't even have reading lights because it was a transit NABI, and since it was out of Newton Ave, it had the coin machine, like how they use 'en on the 409 to Burlington in Full Service

Okay, that's just... wow. The best analogy I can come up with for that is BoltBus deciding to bum an NG off of us for a run up to Boston. Great for bus fans, not so great for the poor sod sitting in a hard seat with either hospital-intensity LED lights or nothing at all wishing to God for a bathroom in which to "blow up" as KR put it. Running CNGs on express service is bad, but can't really compare; at most it's 60-90 minutes on a bus that nobody expected to have bathrooms anyway. Now four hours on one of those would get very old very fast. Incidentally, great catch to mfs.

You know, for a second, I thought it was the B/O playing with the destination sign just to put 317, which is possible, but it seems more and more likely that it was intentional that the 317 is on a NABI. A NABI?!?! A NORTH AMERICAN BUS INDUSTRIES BUS on one the longest routes in NEW JERSEY ******* TRANSIT?!?! Dude, I love the NABI's. But, nah. Not even that is funny. I mean, I heard stories of people using Metro's for the 319 during new years when there were no MCI's available, and that sounds brutal....... But still, this? Dude, I would of thought someone would of gotten the 40' Lav buses from Fairview and Meadowlands in situations like this. That's incredible.

"WOW! That's crazy. And what's craziest about this is that it's a TRANSIT..LOL If they were gonna use a NABI on one of NJT's longest bus routes, they could've at least used a suburban. Lol"

Okay, that's just... wow. The best analogy I can come up with for that is BoltBus deciding to bum an NG off of us for a run up to Boston. Great for bus fans, not so great for the poor sod sitting in a hard seat with either hospital-intensity LED lights or nothing at all wishing to God for a bathroom in which to "blow up" as KR put it. Running CNGs on express service is bad, but can't really compare; at most it's 60-90 minutes on a bus that nobody expected to have bathrooms anyway. Now four hours on one of those would get very old very fast. Incidentally, great catch to mfs.

You know that the usual buses on the 317 have no bathrooms anyway, right?

I'm sure the people waited for the next one lol

2 hour headway. I don't think so.

Archived