Transportation in Yonkers

Via Garibaldi 8

Finally got a look around Getty Square there and let me just say that I will NOT be taking the BXM3 over there. That place is just not my cup of tea. I'll be much better off catching the BXM2 over on 6th and 41st and taking that to the last stop there in Riverdale and then getting car service, or a friend of mine can get me if he is not working. I'm just trying to determine how far it would be from Executive Plaza time wise by car though. I got a chance to view Riverdale Ave and I find it rather charming and basically what I was expecting to see. Looks like there are a lot of condos and such. :cool: It doesn't look uber rich, but it has a nice charm to it.

My friend tells me that that area there in Getty Square is South Yonkers and then he chuckled and I can see already that I would be a fish out of water. lol

From what I'm hearing though that area is supposed to be on the "up and up", but South Broadway in general around there looks way too urban for my liking. :eek:

WOW I guess you aren't aware that metro-north from marble hill is faster right??? try that then use BL6 seriously car service ur better off just using the metro-north I know you love express buses but express buses are NOT suitable for a trip to yonkers.

Finally got a look around Getty Square there and let me just say that I will NOT be taking the BXM3 over there. That place is just not my cup of tea. I'll be much better off catching the BXM2 over on 6th and 41st and taking that to the last stop there in Riverdale and then getting car service, or a friend of mine can get me if he is not working. I'm just trying to determine how far it would be from Executive Plaza time wise by car though. I got a chance to view Riverdale Ave and I find it rather charming and basically what I was expecting to see. Looks like there are a lot of condos and such. :cool: It doesn't look uber rich, but it has a nice charm to it.

My friend tells me that that area there in Getty Square is South Yonkers and then he chuckled and I can see already that I would be a fish out of water. lol

From what I'm hearing though that area is supposed to be on the "up and up", but South Broadway in general around there looks way too urban for my liking. :eek:

lmao...

but from city line to Executive plz. is a little over 3 miles; about a 1/2 hour ride by cab

lmao...

but from city line to Executive plz. is a little over 3 miles; about a 1/2 hour ride by cab

Just called a few car services... $8.00 from Greystone Station to the Executive Plaza & $11.00 from Riverdale Ave & 263rd st... Not bad at all. So basically it looks like it would be cheaper to use the express bus since I wouldn't pay anything. MetroNorth would be something like $7.00 each which isn't terrible.

WOW I guess you aren't aware that metro-north from marble hill is faster right??? try that then use BL6 seriously car service ur better off just using the metro-north I know you love express buses but express buses are NOT suitable for a trip to yonkers.

I'm aware of it, in fact well aware of it, but I'm in no rush to get there and I would like to use the BXM1 and BXM2 so that I can see the route (or rather the "rte" as you say lol) and see what Riverdale looks like since I've only passed by there quickly in a car a few times. I could care less for MetroNorth, but if I have to use it then I will.

But since I would probably be having lunch near Bryant Park, I could simply walk over to the BMX2 instead of having to schlepp to Grand Central. Coming back I would use the BXM1 and get off at Lexington and transfer to a SI express bus to go home.

Just called a few car services... $8.00 from Greystone Station to the Executive Plaza & $11.00 from Riverdale Ave & 263rd st... Not bad at all. So basically it looks like it would be cheaper to use the express bus since I wouldn't pay anything. MetroNorth would be something like $7.00 each which isn't terrible.

Did you ride any bee line routes when you went out to Westchester?

11.00 from city line to executive plaza, and these pricks (cabbies in Brooklyn) charge 14 bucks to go from Atlantic center mall to east flatbush.... Incredible....

btw, so how's Getty Square these days..... Haven't been over there in a minute....

Did you ride any bee line routes when you went out to Westchester?

11.00 from city line to executive plaza, and these pricks (cabbies in Brooklyn) charge 14 bucks to go from Atlantic center mall to east flatbush.... Incredible....

btw, so how's Getty Square these days..... Haven't been over there in a minute....

LOL... Oh I didn't go there at all. I checked out the neighbourhood on Google maps last night and talked to a buddy of mine on Facebook who lives up in Yonkers about that area. ;) I did the same with Riverdale Ave too. I basically checked out a 30 block radius or so and South Broadway reminds me of Downtown Newark, but not where most of the newer buildings are. I'm talking about past that tall building where they have the big Prudential logo or perhaps even something like 125th st in Harlem. Riverdale Ave looks to be more like my cup of tea though. I may still try to do a dry run up to Riverdale though one weekend soon. I would like to check out more of the nicer parts of the Bronx using their express buses. I was very impressed with Morris Park. Didn't even feel like "the Bronx" that I know by say even Yankees Stadium. lol

I'm aware of it, in fact well aware of it, but I'm in no rush to get there and I would like to use the BXM1 and BXM2 so that I can see the route (or rather the "rte" as you say lol) and see what Riverdale looks like since I've only passed by there quickly in a car a few times. I could care less for MetroNorth, but if I have to use it then I will.

But since I would probably be having lunch near Bryant Park, I could simply walk over to the BMX2 instead of having to schlepp to Grand Central. Coming back I would use the BXM1 and get off at Lexington and transfer to a SI express bus to go home.

you do realize BL 8 connects to the BXM1/2 right??? also W8 links with W6

Why you want someone like Garbaldi who not that familar with Yonkers to use '2' Bee Line Buses?

Not to mention (correct me if wrong guys) The BL 8 only runs until about 9pm weekdays.

We're talking about qj... When does he ever make sense? :eek: lol

We're talking about qj... When does he ever make sense? :eek: lol

I meant as a way to learn the beeline system and busfan new routes. you can take car service after BL 8 cuts off.

True. QJ comments are sometimes harder to understand than Einstein's 'theory of relativity.':confused::eek:
Are my comments really that hard well I guess you have a point white plains never understood even my simplist ones I guess it's my fault for making it too difficult

idk....but its effing annoying!

too bad buddy rethink urself and you will know attacking someone on the personal level is beyond immature now try to be a little less attacking and more constructive with ur critisism then I can actually take you serious. Ur not worth it buddy I have gotten over you and will not bother with ur bait yet you can't resist my bait.

This makes me want to wonder how long we have to deal with his drivel... :tdown:
for as long as I feel like it but good news I won't bore you directly with any NYC talk I know my limits. but I wonder how long will ppl see ur immature flamming. I don't mind dissagreement and constructive critisism HOWEVER personal attacks that have nothing to do with the topic at hand define one as low level. I actually was expecting better. You I actually expected constructive advice yet all I get is BULLSHIT

too bad buddy rethink urself and you will know attacking someone on the personal level is beyond immature now try to be a little less attacking and more constructive with ur critisism then I can actually take you serious. Ur not worth it buddy I have gotten over you and will not bother with ur bait yet you can't resist my bait.

And no one takes you serious...you're only fooling yourself with this nonsense. Your plans ain't worth it and neither are you.....now go something with ya life!

And no one takes you serious...you're only fooling yourself with this nonsense. Your plans ain't worth it and neither are you.....now go something with ya life!

Actually I have no interest in arguing yet you insist in being an ass why can't you calm down and actually talk like it's not WWIII. This isn't a flame war. I actually noticed others are getting annoyed with the lame attacks. Yet you still judge ppl by paper and not character do not talk about me again or to me again unless its relevant cause this is getting old. Everytime you look for opportunity to insult me every chance you get everytime you always quick to drop F bombs without adding a suggestion of ur own NOT related to me personally what happen to normal debates yet you turn them into flame wars every chance you get

Actually I have no interest in arguing yet you insist in being an ass why can't you calm down and actually talk like it's not WWIII. This isn't a flame war. I actually noticed others are getting annoyed with the lame attacks. Yet you still judge ppl by paper and not character do not talk about me again or to me again unless its relevant cause this is getting old. Everytime you look for opportunity to insult me every chance you get everytime you always quick to drop F bombs without adding a suggestion of ur own NOT related to me personally what happen to normal debates yet you turn them into flame wars every chance you get

*Yawn* boring comeback....don't speak for others....they can speak for themselves. When you actually ride the routes and learn the routes properly then you'll understand why ppl jump on you instead making up fabricated non-sense. Your plans are horrible and you came back with more foolish ideas. You just need to stop b/c you have no idea on what you are talking about or referring too!

*Yawn* boring comeback....don't speak for others....they can speak for themselves. When you actually ride the routes and learn the routes properly then you'll understand why ppl jump on you instead making up fabricated non-sense. Your plans are horrible and you came back with more foolish ideas. You just need to stop b/c you have no idea on what you are talking about or referring too!

err at least part of what you say is making more sense yet still arrogant in nature I said tone down on the insults buddy.

O and I actually do ride many or the routes I want to learn about actually. I used several NJT routes recently then I just have a few more to go to learn the final part that makes NJT tick. Thanks to some of the experience I found some that simply need more service. However others in central NJ didn't match the travel patterns of NJ residents. My other plans won't be complete till I ride their systems.

However MD has an isolated system which makes fanning almost impossible outside baltimore. A part was left out due to connectivity ability and to keep routes stable. I don't have a baltimore part for a reason. I play only by what I know based on more than just bus routes and ridership I also look at traffic flow and where non transit users travel to find out where it should be added or modified.

By the way I didn't actually come up with route ideas in NYC other than a few cause I don't know urban city type systems as well as I know regional long distance systems hence why I was so quiet about NYC and only reacting to other ppl out of curiosity. The real reason why I don't talk about the NYC routes as much as the ones I know more about in terms of hands-on experience.

Due to hands-on experience some earlier parts of the NJT ideas were dropped and I found better ideas that make more sense.

O and my comeback was boring beacause I ALREADY told you I don't engage in flame wars!!!!! I simply have no interest in a screaming match with ya or anyone just here for data and nothing more. Cause looking good on paper doesn't mean it will work in real life. That is why I ask to learn things I don't know. NOT start a flame war I am not interested in this so called comeback of which you speak

Archived