No 2 nor 5 on the elevated WPR line for July 1-3.

alejr88

I knew the 9th Ave el didnt went up there. Idk why people told me the 9th Ave el went up to Freeman. Thanks for the correction.

Why did the (MTA) removed the switch at Freeman Street anyways/

I heard that it was deemed " too costly to maintain", it and the tower itself. Actually no manager wanted it to be charged to his or her budget. Therefore scratch one option in the event of a G.O. or service blockage." Penny wise and pound foolish" IMO. Now you need more buses($$$) and burn more fuel ($$$) because you wanted to play cheap. Since the tower wasn't manned fulltime they're probably paying more in ONE weekend than it cost to keep that option open.

I heard that it was deemed " too costly to maintain", it and the tower itself. Actually no manager wanted it to be charged to his or her budget. Therefore scratch one option in the event of a G.O. or service blockage." Penny wise and pound foolish" IMO. Now you need more buses($$$) and burn more fuel ($$$) because you wanted to play cheap. Since the tower wasn't manned fulltime they're probably paying more in ONE weekend than it cost to keep that option open.

Yeah it really sucks they got rid of the junction.. If there was problems on local track north of Freeman to 180th or South of 174th to Mott Ave they could of used that junction to move trains to the express tracks and keep it flowing, instead of suspended WPR service from 3rd or Mott to 180th.

And for shuttle bus use, thats another good idea to send trains to ether 174th (North to 174) or Freeman (Freeman to South) to help shorten up the trip on the EL and to keep service moving for those on Westchester and Southern Blvd.

Im guessing no chances for any future switch to be added anywhere between Tremont and Prospect? Besides the one at 180th and Jackson.

Archived