Your opinion on the Casey Anthony Trial

R68 Subway Car

The most effed up aftermath I can see stemming from all this is Casey hiring a publicist and they write a book and make a movie, and she becomes filthy rich with royalties. Gotta love double jeopardy....

Or even worse in this era of TV exces selling their morals to the devil aka reality shows is if Casey gets her own show.

Hey another young diva called Amy Fisher a convicted fellow(never heard of Amy Fisher kids please do a google search)also became famous and made money after nearly killing the wife of her lover.

I don't care.

Murder trials have been going on for centuries. What's new about 'em?

I agree.

No different than the news media's masturbation to the Jon Benet Ramsey case with the damn round the clock coverage when it happened, then 10 years later when the killer "resurfaced"

Bulls*** all of it...

Hopefully this is the last day for at least a while we all have to hear about this case. Casey was sentenced to 1 year in jail for 'lying to police.' However with 'time served' in prison during the pre-trial she could be out in as early as 4-6 weeks from now. Still she a lucky woman getting that short amount of time instead of life behind bars for rest of her life.

Also here an intresting article in this morning NY Daily News with commentary on why the DA's office in the Orlando area 'blew' this case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2011/07/07/2011-07-07_casey_anthony_trial_was_a_case_of_overzealous_prosecution_death_penalty_was_a_ba.html

Hopefully this is the last day for at least a while we all have to hear about this case. Casey was sentenced to 1 year in jail for 'lying to police.' However with 'time served' in prison during the pre-trial she could be out in as early as 4-6 weeks from now. Still she a lucky woman getting that short amount of time instead of life behind bars for rest of her life.

Also here an intresting article in this morning NY Daily News with commentary on why the DA's office in the Orlando area 'blew' this case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2011/07/07/2011-07-07_casey_anthony_trial_was_a_case_of_overzealous_prosecution_death_penalty_was_a_ba.html

She actually won't spend six more weeks behind bars.

Due to good behavior (five less days in jail for each "good" day), credit for spending time in jail waiting for trial, and other clauses, she'll be released on July 13th.

Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20077548-504083.html?

I saw on the news people are all upset, they need to get a life. People get away with murder all the time; it just doesnt end up in the news like this case did. Yes, the legal system fails. What can we do about it? Not a damn thing. It just shows americans have nothing better to do but get all wacko over this. But yet other cases like this are a slamdunk. There are a ton of people doing a life sentence as we speak because the legal system wanted a slamdunk case. I use to go to court cases with my mom and the shyt that goes on its not even funny. She's friends with alot of judges in North Jersey and all over NY and lemme tell you, its all about who you know and how the judge feels. You may not see that from your POV but behind the doors thats all your life comes down to. I bet any amount of money somehwere along the line someone knew Casey Anthony for her to get the deal she got and if not directly, but indirectly through someone. Procecuters can show all the evidence they want, but it all comes down to a deal made by the judge and procescuter. Once a deal is made a lawyer can either fight and take it to trial, or take the deal.

Couple peeps at work was talking about it and I told em to put a sock in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not knowing the details of the entire case/story, I don't feel I'm in a position to judge Ms. Anthony either innocent or guilty except that this was a sad, tragic occurrance.

However, I do see in this morning's (Monday July 18, 2011) Arizona Daily Star that Ms. Anthony's new freedom is beginning shakily: $537.68 from the account she had in jail; no job (and, maybe, no/little prospects of an immediate job); parents that are estranged; a criminal record, and now, apparently, Ms. Anthony has gone into seclusion/hiding.

To me, that sounds like a rough start indeed.

I can't believe what CNN Headline News aka now called "HLN" a couple of weeks after the trial ended, is still covering this like crazy. Not that i am watching it(it seem that way when i channel surf)but can HLN hosts like Nancy Grace move on to other news/criminal justice stories?

Yes IMO Casey was probably 'gulity' but it's very common for those who indeed murder walk off free. Also the public is at fault for taking this case so serious. Just saw on the webcast of a local Philadelphia area newscast and a man also named Casey Anothny getting death threats. Talk about fools.:mad:

Please can the media move on?

As for here the only time I'm watching the local news is when they are talking about SunRail and the weather and that is it. This trial is the only thing they talk about and nothing more. I mean I barely hear about other news. I've stopped watching CNN, Fox News ( I don't even watch it any way), and MSNBC. It's like I said to my parents before the trial even began whatever happens happens and nothing can be done to change it. The case is over people get on with you lives who cares where Casey lives that's her business now.

Could not say it any better young man. Other than 'huge news' ie when Osama was killed, etc. I dont watch the cable news channels that much. I just watch stories on their websites. or reading online the papers such as the NY Times, NY Daily News, Washington Post, USA Today, etc.

And MC CJ you in the Orlando area right? If so what you expect. The only other news is maybe talking about the hot weather down there. Not saying i agree with the overkill of this Casey trial but sadly many viewers are still into it long after the trial is over just like OJ.:eek:

Cant help you kid MC CJ on what the tv news in Central Fla. covers.

That a disadvanatge of living in a smaller/mid size like Orlando, Tampa, Norfolk, Portland etc. In those towns you usually have only '1' major newspaper and local tv news outlets that sometimes on a slower news day covers a cat on a tree or a high speed chase on the interstate.:eek:

Adding to the post-jail mystery, News 13 This Morning here in Tucson reported that an airplane with Ms. Anthony aboard touched down in Prescott, Arizona around 3:00am or so. The banner across the bottom of the tv screen read "Casey Anthony In AZ.?".

Now, apparently, a bounty hunter plans to sue Ms. Anthony. He looked serious on the news this morning.

Archived