The (F) in R46

Calvin

This should ring a bell to some people:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=426241

I was bored, so I bit. It turns out ftrainfan and I actually have 5 mutual friends on Crapbook, lol.

Anyways, I'm rather indifferent to seeing R46s on the (F) again, seeing as how the (A) I ride several times a week is nothing but R46s...

But that's not to say I would mind riding catching an R46, I rather like them, especially the logo pattern on the inside walls. (That is what they're called right. Walls? :P)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have Fridays off from school and work, so I'll spend all day looking for the elusive R46 (F). By this time next week, expect pics and a video.

They shouldn't be too hard in the PMs. I got one at Rockefeller Center going uptown around 1pm and at 4:30pm leaving Coney Island. This was yesterday though.

The R46 = A train; The R68/A = A train, some you peeps seriously need a life. Chasing a R46/68/A in the middle of the summer is outright SAD. The R46 was around for 30yrs and you peeps are chasing it like it never was around.

But I guess its what you guys get for foaming the R160s and now the R46s are gone and you want them back.

The R46 = A train; The R68/A = A train, some you peeps seriously need a life. Chasing a R46/68/A in the middle of the summer is outright SAD. The R46 was around for 30yrs and you peeps are chasing it like it never was around.

But I guess its what you guys get for foaming the R160s and now the R46s are gone and you want them back.

Don't worry, the same sh*t will happen when they go to retire the R46s. Its no big deal, ain't like people chasing them will hurt any one

I agree, I grew up on those R46's all my life, last night it poped out of nowhere, Its too damn hot looking for a damn subway car, if its an R1/9 or a BMT standard or something you don't see alot, then yeah but an R46 on the (F) come on

I agree, I grew up on those R46's all my life, last night it poped out of nowhere, Its too damn hot looking for a damn subway car, if its an R1/9 or a BMT standard or something you don't see alot, then yeah but an R46 on the (F) come on

Why shouldn't I look for a subway car? They all have air conditioning B):P

Got on an R32 (C) on friday and the a/c was running fine. If I had stayed longer, I think I might've started freezing on it. The R142 (2) i got on had decent a/c. Helped that it wasn't as crowded as it normally would be.-better circulation.

But I thought R32s were horrendous with A/C and are terrible subway cars...oh wait....

But I thought R32s were horrendous with A/C and are terrible subway cars...oh wait....

They replaced the compressors and a lot of the parts in many cars in the hopes they wouldn't have to put a R44 back out there this summer. I just don't like that they have the loudest in-car HVAC (the loudest out of car is the R142 obviously)

Archived