Question about the Staten Island Ferry

Tinamarie

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but it sorta has to do with trains I guess.

Anyways, tomorrow I gotta take the ferry, but I'm being driven to the ferry as opposed to taking a train to the ferry.

My question is, Is it still free to take the ferry without a train transfer? or do I have to pay to get in the ferry w/o the train transfer?

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but it sorta has to do with trains I guess.

Anyways, tomorrow I gotta take the ferry, but I'm being driven to the ferry as opposed to taking a train to the ferry.

My question is, Is it still free to take the ferry without a train transfer? or do I have to pay to get in the ferry w/o the train transfer?

The Staten Island ferry is free.There is no fee whatsoever.

You did the right thing. Whenever in doubt about where to anything NYC Transit related, the Subway Forum is find to post in.:cool:

I just want to say that the Staten Island Ferry Is Free.

It does not matter whether one walks to the terminal building, takes a bus, a subway, a train, an express bus, a car, a truck or a plane. The Staten Island Ferry is Free.

Making the Staten Island Ferry Free is one of the few good things that Mayor Rudy Guiliani did for the city - IMO - so I must give him credit.

The transfer situation with the MetroCard is the same as it is for the rest of the city. One can transfer using a Pay-Per-Ride card from bus to bus, bus to subway, or subway to bus, Staten Island Railway to subway, subway to Staten Island Railway, as long as it is within the 2-hour time period.

Unlimited MetroCard users have all of the same transfer options, without a time limit, plus the ability to transfer from subway to subway - which is kind of moot in Staten Island's case.

The fact that by using the ferry one is traveling over water is completely not relevant to the transfer situation - what is relevant is that the trips and transfers have to begin within the 2-hour time period. Just missing an hourly boat might in some cases lead to another fare being deducted from a pay-per-ride MetroCard. Hourly boats run on weekend evenings & nights, and very late nights on the weekdays. Just a note to be aware of.

Just wanting to be clear.

Mike

And it says you live in Queens... the last time the SI Ferry charged money was in 1997

this dude i work with who lives in the bx was amazed the other day that i told him the ferry was free.............i cut him some slack tho cause hes only 20 y/o lol

Archived