Same Sex Marriage Bill Passes the Senate

tvega961

I don't particularly care if Man-Man Marriage is illegal. I prefer it to be though.

Good Thing about this; Rights for Gays too

Bad; There will be a zillion gay marriages. When I walk outside I don't want some gay couple sitting on the doorsteps. This might become annoying to the straights.

And are you sure you would let any marriage be legal. So you'd let a man marry a dog or a tiger marry a girl. Think of al the possibilities. And we'd thank you for it. Now do you want to change your mind? What about marrying Bugs Bunny? How would you think about someone doing that?

Remind me what's so bad about a bunch of gay couples going off to get married? Basically you're talking about couples who have been together for many years doing the exact thing a straight couple would normally do after they meet their soul mate (or get drunk in Vegas...take your pick). And what if they are sitting at the doorsteps? Is your entire day going to be wrecked because of it?

As we've seen from the very start of this controversial topic there are plenty of straight folks already annoyed by the idea of gay marriage because of what they believe marriage is supposed to be. They basically have to do what they've already had to do...either suck it up and deal with it or learn to be more open minded and accept that world views change as times go on. There are plenty of us who are able to do that and I have no problem leaving behind those who can't.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's neither of those. It's an exaggerated example.

No, I think it's a serious fear for some of these people. It's something i've heard time and time again.

People love to ramble on and on about the "SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE". It's all a bunch of bullshit. The truth is, the sanctity of marriage has never really existed. Husbands have always cheated on wives, and wives have always been cheating on husbands. It's really just a psychological mind-game that's perpetuated just to make certain people think that what they do is "right".

Gay. Marriage. If you asked me my opinion about a year ago, i would've been hardcore against it. My views changed in high school and I started to see the real world and gays are everywhere. My opinion is I don't give a crap as per it does not affect me........ , you wanted gay marriage? ya got it. Good job. Nothin more American than fighting for your rights.

Remind me what's so bad about a bunch of gay couples going off to get married? Basically you're talking about couples who have been together for many years doing the exact thing a straight couple would normally do after they meet their soul mate (or get drunk in Vegas...take your pick). And what if they are sitting at the doorsteps? Is your entire day going to be wrecked because of it?

As we've seen from the very start of this controversial topic there are plenty of straight folks already annoyed by the idea of gay marriage because of what they believe marriage is supposed to be. They basically have to do what they've already had to do...either suck it up and deal with it or learn to be more open minded and accept that world views change as times go on. There are plenty of us who are able to do that and I have no problem leaving behind those who can't.

Do you understand my posts!? I stated that basically many gays will get married. It's that there will be way more gays. Im not really bothered about that gays are allowed to get married. I'm bothered bc of the affect. I'm nice to gays but I not going on that path.

There are gay, and lesbian people so just let them be. They are people. Just, because they have a different mentality from us doesn't make them less human then us. They are human beings. They pay taxes. they work, they can be decent people, and they want to adopt or find some way to have a family like a straight couple does. So? Does this really make them different from us besides the fact that they are marrying or dating someone on a gender that is the same as their own? They are human beings they have a soul, 2 eyes, a mouth, 2 ears, and hair, and they have a brain along with a heart. They can love, hate, cheer, feel happy, feel sad, feel mad, and etc. They are humans. Leave them alone!

PS I am a tolerant person. As I have said sometimes I might say things too quickly, and I would look extremely racist, and intolerant, but I actually love people, and it doesn't matter if you are black, white, yellow, or etc you are still a human being.

Do you understand my posts!? I stated that basically many gays will get married. It's that there will be way more gays. Im not really bothered about that gays are allowed to get married. I'm bothered bc of the affect. I'm nice to gays but I not going on that path.

OK and? of course a lot of gays/lesbians are going to get married. Its a given. What do you mean by there will be way more gays? You make it sound like people are just gonna up and decide to marry men for kicks.

Its just sick seeing 2 men kissing and being intimate. Even with females...some men like lesbians but its just sick. The world was ment to have straight people to reproduce.

....gay marriage should be illegal. Its just sick. I would never attend a wedding of that nature.

Its just sick seeing 2 men kissing and being intimate. Even with females...some men like lesbians but its just sick. The world was ment to have straight people to reproduce.

....gay marriage should be illegal. Its just sick. I would never attend a wedding of that nature.

They are just as human as you or me and this is the straightest, most girl cazy guy alive talking lol. They have everything a straight person has, Being gay doesn't mean your mentally ill. I actually hang around more people that are homosexual, alot of them are really nice people. And how do gay people affect you? You could say PDA and I agree that should be illegal for everyone cuz its just gross. People should be able to live there lives how they want aslong as their not hurting anyone.

Whoa whoa whoa.....hold up. I'm gay and I'm not kissing my partner in the street nor I'm being intimate with them either even though I'm single at this moment. I don't flaunt my sexuality for the world to see.....shit my father's side of the family don't know about me. Love is love regardless of the persons sex. I'm one of the coolest gay ppl you'll know, but to each their own. If you choose to stop talking to me its cool...no worries!

I don't get it. When I find something grotesque I just choose to look the other way. Why get up in arms over it? If anything the world was meant to evolve. Like I said you either change with the times or stick with your way of thinking and eventually get left behind. Life continues either way and you also have the luxury of choosing to not attend the wedding and the people involved wouldn't be at a loss because they'd rather have someone there who is completely supportive of their marriage.

I don't believe in marriage period. But I'm not gonna get up in arms against two people regardless of orientation wanting to get married. It has no effect on my way of living. And I don't just throw up my lunch if I happen to see two men or two women kissing. Are we serious here? This is NYC. Not some small town where this sorta thing is uncommon. There are entire gay sections all over the five boroughs. This kind of thinking is just baffling in general. But instead of trying to understand it I'd rather walk with the crowd who is open minded and focus my attention on them.

Whoa whoa whoa.....hold up. I'm gay and I'm not kissing my partner in the street nor I'm being intimate with them either even though I'm single at this moment. I don't flaunt my sexuality for the world to see.....shit my father's side of the family don't know about me. Love is love regardless of the persons sex. I'm one of the coolest gay ppl you'll know, but to each their own. If you choose to stop talking to me its cool...no worries!

Oh, I didn't know that. See I told you all gays are nice.

You know why a lotta traditional guys are so irked by lesbians? Because the girls don't want to have sex with them. And that's enough to annoy plenty of guys.

If one doesnt know how to get a female then ofcourse it would bother them. Alot of girls go with other girls because they assume they cant get hurt by another female, when in doubt when ya throw everything into a straight or gay relationship youwill still get hurt if caught cheating or whatever. It will only annoy you if you let it annoy you.

It may matter to one who cant get a girl.....

Though the only thing I'm happy about is I no longer have to listen to this crap; I'm going to be the somewhat negtive person here, because I think this opens a can of worms.

where do we draw the marrige line? i do not want to be walking down the street and have someone ask me if I support someone marrying their dog...

Draw the line at people. A dog can't consent to marriage. Dogs can't even consent to their owners, the poor things (have you SEEN some of the pet owners out there?)

I have no problem with this because it does not limit my freedom to chase skirts at all.

ok its cool that gays can marry but Whats the point of marriage in the first place? besides religious reasons. Gay people can get legally married but whats the point? Congrats, you get to fill out paperwork and pay for a marriage license.

Tax savings through filing jointly, and "next of kin" inheritance should your spouse die.

Archived