Same Sex Marriage Bill Passes the Senate

tvega961

Whoa whoa whoa.....hold up. I'm gay and I'm not kissing my partner in the street nor I'm being intimate with them either even though I'm single at this moment. I don't flaunt my sexuality for the world to see.....shit my father's side of the family don't know about me. Love is love regardless of the persons sex. I'm one of the coolest gay ppl you'll know, but to each their own. If you choose to stop talking to me its cool...no worries!

No hard feelings White Plains, but thats just how I feel. I never said I hated gay people; as i said I just dont agree with it.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not against gay marriage, I'm against marriage in general. As a wise friend once told me, "If your single, you pockets will jingle." Seriously though, with the way things in this country are going I thought there were more important things to debate and fight over. Let the gays get married, the state wins when they come back to the court house to get a divorce. It's a win win, money from the marriage license and from the probable divorce. Why this wasn't done sooner escapes me.

I'm not against gay marriage, I'm against marriage in general. As a wise friend once told me, "If your single, you pockets will jingle." Seriously though, with the way things in this country are going I thought there were more important things to debate and fight over. Let the gays get married, the state wins when they come back to the court house to get a divorce. It's a win win, money from the marriage license and from the probable divorce. Why this wasn't done sooner escapes me.

I rarely get involved in off topic discussions as I just come here for career info, but in this case I have to agree to a point. People are very dumb. Why is anyone celebrating? A marriage certificate is complete bullshit! When you an your spouse signe that certificate, you are now legally permittng the state of New York to be a third party to your marriage. Why would anyone with any real common sense do this? Its a fraud! A trick for people to trade their natural born rights that legally cant be taken away or interfered with... for privelages that can be revoked...nothing to celebrate here but stupidity of the masses. People are followers, not leaders.

The way I seet it, let them get married. Who are we to say they can't just cuz its dude-on-dude, or chick-on-chick. Gays are people too, I find nothing wrong with it; you love you who love.

I aint gonna lie, when I was younger I did look down upon it as seeing 2 dudes or 2 chicks with each other made my stomach turn (I was raised in a semi-strong Christian background). But as I got older, my eyes opened up to it. Back in high school, 1 of my closest friends was gay and I learned (among other things) was that there's nothing wrong with it...its just 2 people in love, gender doesn't matter at all as long as the love was there

...damn, I got all metaphorical in that last sentence lol

It's a basic human right that everyone should have. If you love someone and want to spend your life with them then you should be able to get married. The argument of "what's next beastiality marriages or polygamy" is just a way of deflecting that religious and conservative types are afraid to say they hate gay people. When churches pay taxes like the rest of us then they can have an opinion.

Whoa whoa whoa.....hold up. I'm gay and I'm not kissing my partner in the street nor I'm being intimate with them either even though I'm single at this moment. I don't flaunt my sexuality for the world to see.....shit my father's side of the family don't know about me. Love is love regardless of the persons sex. I'm one of the coolest gay ppl you'll know, but to each their own. If you choose to stop talking to me its cool...no worries!

Wow...did not know that. We all learn something new about someone every day!

Holy cow.... Talk about letting the cat out of the bag!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL

I'm not against this or anything related to it. To this day I don't know what gets people so riled up about it. Let them be them, and you be you. If this doesn't affect you in the least, why be against it? That's right, Christianity tells you to hate them.

This is the devaluation of marriage. :P:(:tdown::tdown:

I really do not give a shit about gay marriage. I feel that the economy and protecting ourselves from evil is more important.

So if you don't give a shit, why call it a "devaluation of marriage"?

Wow...did not know that. We all learn something new about someone every day!

That's the truth.

"If your single, you pockets will jingle."

Lots of truth in that statement.

I've lived in Massachusetts for most of my life. In 2004, the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that allowing only heterosexual couples to marry is unconstitutional under the Massachusetts Constitution, thereby legalizing gay marriage. Ever since gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts, I have turned gay, engaged in depraved masochistic sex acts in public, allowed my gay lover to walk me around with a leash around my neck, and begun the process of converting my younger cousins to homosexuality. No, not really. Nothing has changed since Massachusetts legalized gay marriage. Straight people are still straight, gay people are still gay, children aren't "turning gay" in droves, and, most importantly, straight couples are still getting married. No straight person's right to marriage has been violated yet or will be violated ever.

I've lived in Massachusetts for most of my life. In 2004, the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that allowing only heterosexual couples to marry is unconstitutional under the Massachusetts Constitution, thereby legalizing gay marriage. Ever since gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts, I have turned gay, engaged in depraved masochistic sex acts in public, allowed my gay loved to walk me around with a lease around my neck, and have begun the process of converting my younger cousins to homosexuality. No, not really. Nothing has changed since Massachusetts legalized gay marriage.

That made me laugh.

I've lived in Massachusetts for most of my life. In 2004, the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that allowing only heterosexual couples to marry is unconstitutional under the Massachusetts Constitution, thereby legalizing gay marriage. Ever since gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts, I have turned gay, engaged in depraved masochistic sex acts in public, allowed my gay lover to walk me around with a leash around my neck, and begun the process of converting my younger cousins to homosexuality. No, not really. Nothing has changed since Massachusetts legalized gay marriage. Straight people are still straight, gay people are still gay, and children aren't "turning gay" in droves.

LOL, that had me chucking for a good minute, and that last sentence has so much truth.

I've lived in Massachusetts for most of my life. In 2004, the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that allowing only heterosexual couples to marry is unconstitutional under the Massachusetts Constitution, thereby legalizing gay marriage. Ever since gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts, I have turned gay, engaged in depraved masochistic sex acts in public, allowed my gay lover to walk me around with a leash around my neck, and begun the process of converting my younger cousins to homosexuality. No, not really. Nothing has changed since Massachusetts legalized gay marriage. Straight people are still straight, gay people are still gay, children aren't "turning gay" in droves, and, most importantly, straight couples are still getting married. No straight person's right to marriage has been violated yet or will be violated ever.
As a straight guy myself, this had me laughing. Nice parody of that asinine fear.

Oh, and one more thing that people seem to be forgetting. There are bisexual people out there, too. In other words, ones who like both sexes.

As a straight guy myself, this had me laughing. Nice parody of that asinine fear.

Oh, and one more thing that people seem to be forgetting. There are bisexual people out there, too. In other words, ones who like both sexes.

Yeah I'm familiar and most of them end up married cheating on their wives with men.

Yeah I'm familiar and most of them end up married cheating on their wives with men.

60% of marriages divorce. I'm not getting married to anyone bc my mom and dad are divorced and because of the 60% thing. Fight, Fight, Cheat, Cheat, it's sad. :P:cry:

Hahaha...Well played. Excellent post.

I'm late to this discussion and I haven't read it all the way through but what I read was enough and it was pretty sad. See I'm gonna keep it 100 with all of you, I am a gay man and this hits very close to home for me. I'm single at the moment but I'm very , VERY thankful that this law was passed. Its much more than just the act of getting married and wearing the ring but it also means that if I am to ever have a husband, (yes I said husband) and him or I get sick, he or I can go to the hospital and he can go visit me in my room without being kicked out for not being a family relative because he will legally be in my family. It means that if I should die and I have a husband, if I put him on my will, my family can't fight, or fight as hard as they would have a month ago, against it because he's my husband AND its legal and that's what would matter the most.

A lot of people worry about the sanctity of marriage. Well straight folk have been doing such a wonderful job of it in recent years I see. Those straight people who got issues with gay marriage need to worry about the sanctity of THEIR relationship before they worry about that for me. I'm glad I'm gay cause its been quite a fun trip for me and to know that I can have a man of my own that I can marry is exciting. I don't care if u agree with how I live, I agree with how I live my life and that's the most important and because I agree, life is that much more fun and rewarding. And I agree with NY's decision too. God is so good I tell you!

I am certain that if God does exist he would want humans to coexist and live together in peace and harmony. He won't like what is going on right now on Earth, because of how people sometimes treat each other. He would be tolerant and accepting, and he would want people to do the same. He would want us to be together and treat each other as the same in every way. So as a decent human being why can't we accept each other even if we are different in some way?

I was on the fence on this and still am. I was raised that homosexuality is wrong but having met a lesbian chick in high school, she basically showed me that they're not freaks or anything and that it's not a big deal. My attitude on it is, hey to each their own. Who am I to tell others who they should and shouldn't love? ;)

I'm on the fence about this as well, but leaning against it. There is somebody in my class who is a lesbian, and she is basically like every other girl.

On a constitutional side, everybody has a right to "the pursuit of happiness" (of course, assuming it doesn't harm anybody in the process), so if getting maried makes somebody happy, then it is technically their right to get married (I think there was another part of the constitution that would also say that gay marriage should be legal)

However (as you know, I am a person of stats and sciences), from a scientific perspective, the function of having two sexes is to reproduce, and obviously, a same-sex couple is incapable of reproducing with each other.

Obviously, the religious people would argue on the side of science, saying that God created two sexes so that they could reproduce. If he had intended for same-sex couples to exist, he would've created one sex.

Now that I think about it, on the flip side of the coin, Darwin's theory of natural selection says that those who are unfit to pass on their genes will be unable to pass on their genes. Nature came up with a creative way of ensuring that these peoples' (supposedly flawed) genes will not affect future generations and will ensure the long-term survival of the species.

In the end, I'm not sure about this. Marriage symbolizes a sacred bond, but on the other hand, gays are still capable of (basically) violating that bond when they have intercourse, whether or not the marriage law is passed.

There are financial advantages married couples have, such as the ability to file a joint tax return, make monetary gifts to people without being taxed (I believe that if you give over $12,000 in gifts to somebody, even as a parent, there is a tax)

Tolerance and acceptance are not the same things. I may tolerate certain people, but I won't accept them (or their actions) in a million years.

Agreed. Tolerance is "you mind your business and I'll mind mine." Acceptance is "Let's be friends and put all of our differences aside"

Archived