Same Sex Marriage Bill Passes the Senate

tvega961

We now live in a state where the government and not God decides natural law and in a place where to stand with God & the church means one is look on as a bigot, old fashion, or out of touch with society. Well consider me with God, out of touch etc. Cause I stand with God and the church. Marriage is between a man & women and no government can change what God made as rule

Now don't get me wrong I have friends and coworkers that are gay.....I just not big on the marriage part so we are gonna have ask the govt can we eat sleep etc.....

Idk maybe it was the way I was brought up....

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not all gays are nice. Never generalize, even for the positive.

I had a situation when I was learning the 501 and a set of men came on the bus and sat behind this guy and the 2 men said they was gona rub that guys neck sitting in front of them. Like 2 seconds later the guy said if you touch ma ******* neck ill kill both of yall" and the 2 men stated your discriminating us because we are gay and we can do whatever we want. So a fight did break out and the driver that was with me was like pull this shyt over and we called the cops. Cops came and we told them what happened because the guy was talking loud which I think he did that so he could be heard. The 2 men were arrested for disorderly conduct. And what made it more annoying they told the cops they was using too much force. The guy was taken to the police station for a statement and me and the other driver had to give a statment.

Some gays think just because they are different that they can use that to try and get people in trouble. People here dont take it the wrong way but its the truth. Some are nice but there are others who are likewise.

The first 2 humans on earth "Adam & Eve" male & female. The world wasnt ment for gay people if that were the case Adam & John would have been the first 2. Its all in there mind if you choose to be gay. As I stated I dont hate them, I just dont agree with it as I have a gay cousin in my family

Lol...Adam and John...I always thought it was Adam and Steve, but oh well, heh.

I remember earlier this week I was with my friends at the park in Greenpoint, and they were discussing about attending the pride parade today. I told them I had other business to attend today, and even if I was free, I still wouldn't have went. The discussion grew into the hate and violence factor because of the choice they make. I strongly believe being gay is a choice; I don't think you can be born gay. To add on, there are people who attend the parade just to cause trouble, yet they never know who they can be dealing with. Some big brolic guy could be overhearing their taunts, and the next thing you know, the ones making the attacks will be wimpering like babies...I've seen it happen once or twice.

I'm indifferent on the issue, if you ask me. That's their life, who are we to infringe upon their right to pursue happiness?

All kidding aside, Am glad it passed, if you like the same sex person that makes you happy and want to live forever, get married. not only that but the state will benefit economically since you don't have to live in NY to married so expect in influx of gays tourist this July.;)

I had a situation when I was learning the 501 and a set of men came on the bus and sat behind this guy and the 2 men said they was gona rub that guys neck sitting in front of them. Like 2 seconds later the guy said if you touch ma ******* neck ill kill both of yall" and the 2 men stated your discriminating us because we are gay and we can do whatever we want. So a fight did break out and the driver that was with me was like pull this shyt over and we called the cops. Cops came and we told them what happened because the guy was talking loud which I think he did that so he could be heard. The 2 men were arrested for disorderly conduct. And what made it more annoying they told the cops they was using too much force. The guy was taken to the police station for a statement and me and the other driver had to give a statment.

Some gays think just because they are different that they can use that to try and get people in trouble. People here dont take it the wrong way but its the truth. Some are nice but there are others who are likewise.

The first 2 humans on earth "Adam & Eve" male & female. The world wasnt ment for gay people if that were the case Adam & John would have been the first 2. Its all in there mind if you choose to be gay. As I stated I dont hate them, I just dont agree with it as I have a gay cousin in my family

All I can say is ouch... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have to say that as time goes on though, I think folks will become more accepting. Truth be told I was never really exposed to the lifestyle per se until I went to Europe where gay marriage had already been passed in some countries. As a 23 yr old at the time, I had really not had any encounters with homosexuals (not knowingly anyway), except for the lesbian chick I met through friends in high school. In Italy, where catholicism is supposedly so strong and machos are supposedly the norm, I was shocked to see men holding hands in the street.

Now the country is relatively "anti-gay" even though there are some gay Italians, but what was most striking to me was how many closeted gays there were there. What I realized is that the countries that vehemently oppose homosexuality have a great deal of closeted gays. Case in point are countries like Spain which one usually thinks of as a macho country, but they have something like 5 million gays there and passed gay marriage there a few years back. Just pointing out the irony of it all.

Now I would've never imagined that there would've been so many gays here in the forums or rather that so many would admit it. I guess what it shows is that there are gays everywhere and it also shows how we're evolving as a society. Like I said in an earlier post, just a few years back I would've said no to same-sex marriage because of how I was raised and had two parents who were vehemently opposed to the lifestyle, but since the issue has been raised so many times, I guess I thought about it logically and said hey these people are human beings just like me and they have rights.

As time has gone on, I have met some gay folks who I originally didn't know were gay. The first Italian class I taught as a 24 yr old two guys came out to the class and said that they were (not sure how that came about lol), but I have to admit that it was a very awkward moment for me not only because I was in the middle of teaching in one instance, but also because I didn't know how to react as a heterosexual dude.

What we're seeing though is even the most vehemently opposed folks in some cases have family members who are lesbians or homosexuals, like Senator Rubeén Díaz. It was very intriguing to watch him during the debate last Friday to pass same-sex-marriage and his stubborness to accept the fact that the bill was passing even though his niece is a lesbian. I guess in sum, what I think is that we can't fault folks for the way that they are. We have to continue to accept folks for their differences even when we feel uncomfortable about it because we as humans are different. I certainly have become more tolerant and open minded and I credit that to getting out and traveling the world.

I would be interested to see how Díaz interacts with his niece, who despite her sexuality is still part of his family.

We now live in a state where the government and not God decides natural law and in a place where to stand with God & the church means one is look on as a bigot, old fashion, or out of touch with society. Well consider me with God, out of touch etc. Cause I stand with God and the church. Marriage is between a man & women and no government can change what God made as rule

Now don't get me wrong I have friends and coworkers that are gay.....I just not big on the marriage part so we are gonna have ask the govt can we eat sleep etc.....

Idk maybe it was the way I was brought up....

I was brought up the same way. I was adamantly against this just 2 years ago...... But if two people of the same sex want to get married what do I have to say about it? I'll get to hell faster by judging.....

Wake up and smell the New Testament people! Many of God's laws and man's laws no longer coincide. That's that's at moot point this day in age.

He also said he put all seed baring plant's on Earth for man...... However, Marijuana is still illegal.

Adultery is a Felony... But who prosecutes?

I've reached a point in my life where being concerned about someone elses lifestyle is the least of my concerns....

Thou shalt not kill, steal, covet thy neighbors etc...... There is a lot that shouldn't be done, but WE ARE ALL GUILTY of doing some of these things. One sin is no greater than the other.

If two guys or two girls want to get married, it's none of anyone else's damn business. The PDA I agree can be too much outside of "Pride" functions, as I feel it is inappropriate for young children to see theses things.

Most of our freedom's have already been stripped by the law. If I wan't to marry a dude or whatever, the Gov. shouldn't tell me I cant. There is a double standard about the separation of state and church debate.

For one you have more than "a gay cousin" in your family. And it's not in the mind. Most people don't decide to be gay.....

If someone doesnt decide to be gay then wth is it? Because he dated a bunch of girls before he went to being gay. Its all in ones mind, they look at men/women and find em attracting instead of the other way around.

One isnt born gay. One chooses to be gay. Thats how I see it.

Its just like me saying, I only like spanish/white females with nice bodies and pretty faces and dont like black females at all. Its my choice to like it that way. I wasnt born that way, I choose to like it that way. So being gay is a choice. Even if your a 13yr old kid, and you realize you find men attractive, its your choice and in your mind so you choose to be gay. I could easily change my mind to like black women but I dont want to because its a choice not to.

If someone doesnt decide to be gay then wth is it? Because he dated a bunch of girls before he went to being gay. Its all in ones mind, they look at men/women and find em attracting instead of the other way around.

Its just like me saying, I only like spanish/white females with nice bodies and pretty faces and dont like black females at all. Its my choice to like it that way. I wasnt born that way, I choose to like it that way. So being gay is a choice. Even if your a 13yr old kid, and you realize you find men attractive, its your choice and in your mind so you choose to be gay. I could easily change my mind to like black women but I dont want to because its a choice not to.

I don't know about that. I mean what one is attracted to isn't something that you can just switch on or off. It's almost as if you're saying that if you wanted to you could just flip a switch and say, NOPE, no more Latinas or blanquitas. I don't think it's that easy. Peoples' attractions are not something that can just be changed on a dime. I won't go as far as saying that gays are born that way, but people don't "choose" to be gay. I mean sure they could refrain from being with men or women, but that still doesn't change that they like them. I think that's the difference.

I don't know about that. I mean what one is attracted to isn't something that you can just switch on or off. It's almost as if you're saying that if you wanted to you could just flip a switch and say, NOPE, no more Latinas or blanquitas. I don't think it's that easy. Peoples' attractions are not something that can just be changed on a dime. I won't go as far as saying that gays are born that way, but people don't "choose" to be gay. I mean sure they could refrain from being with men or women, but that still doesn't change that they like them. I think that's the difference.

Im not saying "bam turn the switch". But im saying if your growing up and you realize you find that men are attracting that its your mind saying you like men and ya dont find women attractive. Lol are you kidding me I would never give up Latinas or as you say lol "blanquitas". But my point and this is just my opinion is that one realizes they like men(if your a male)/felmale(if your a female).

But its just something that happens overtime.

Im not saying "bam turn the switch". But im saying if your growing up and you realize you find that men are attracting that its your mind saying you like men and ya dont find women attractive. Lol are you kidding me I would never give up Latinas or as you say lol "blanquitas". But my point and this is just my opinion is that one realizes they like men(if your a male)/felmale(if your a female).

Yeah, but the one thing I never understood was how guys could date chicks and do the do, but they really are gay and I don't mean bi dudes either. Always confused the hell out of me.

That because if a child was gay they wouldn't tell there parents otherwise they would kicked them out or even worse send there kids the place to brainwash them from gay to straight.they would just have to wait until there adults and tell them the truth.true there are people that use to be straight but turn gay but some have been the closet since they were children.

That bold part part sums it all up for me. But that is only a part of it.

It is scientifically proven that it's in your genes who you will be attracted to.

Very similar to how alcoholism runs in the family.

@553. I have to disagree with you. The only way you would flip that switch and date a black woman was if you were dared, or somebody paid you!:P

We like who we like. People don't get spit on, laughed at taunted, dragged, hanged and murdered over something as simple a "a choice."

I've watched these things happen all my life. It's absolutely disgusting. It's hate. Hate starts in the heart. I used to be the same way.

Life is too short to hate, or dislike something that anyone does. Because for every one thing that person does in their lifestyle that we don't like, I'm sure we can take a long hard look in the mirror and find something we don't like..... Likely a few things.

Then comes self esteem, confidence and security......

If you truly have all three of those, you live your own life. Get to know people for who they are. Not what they do behind closed doors. If it doesn't threaten life, security, or sanctity, it's none of our business what our neighbor does.

We are all God's children, and he talks about love more than anything else.

Yeah, I know.... What's love got to do with it right?:P

I know right? People should be happy that gays have finally achieved their rights to get married in the state, and that they should be happy with their choices in life, but yet people keep saying hateful things, and broadcasting messages that in the end comes out to be extremely sexist.

lolz. I love how this turned into a discussion about science, God, and genes.

It turned into all that??? I guess I missed that post!

Lol and it would have to be a decent amount for me to even consider it.

Lol! See! I knew it!

Example... Someone in your family might disagree with your preference, but you don't really give a damn about what they think! You do you. That's what makes this country a great place!

Back when our ancestors were our age, they didn't have that luxury. Your preference in women would get you killed back them!

I do think that it has a lot to do with genes that you would be predisposed to liking a particular sex. For example, no matter how much I look at a male, I can't find him attractive (handsome and good-looking, yes, but not attractive). A female on the other hand, I can make her appear attractive if I try hard.

For example, with you I'm sure that your genes are a large part of the reason why you only like White/Latina women. I doubt that you could change your mind to liking Black women: Some people you just don't find attractive. That may have something to do with evolution (maybe Black and White genes don't mix), or it may be for another scientific reason.

Yup. You're correct. I'm sure it is possible (say, if you were a pornstar or something like that, you could force yourself to like a particular sex), but it is probably extremely difficult.

I do think that it has a lot to do with genes that you would be predisposed to liking a particular sex. For example, no matter how much I look at a male, I can't find him attractive (handsome and good-looking, yes, but not attractive). A female on the other hand, I can make her appear attractive if I try hard.

For example, with you I'm sure that your genes are a large part of the reason why you only like White/Latina women. I doubt that you could change your mind to liking Black women: Some people you just don't find attractive. That may have something to do with evolution (maybe Black and White genes don't mix), or it may be for another scientific reason.

Yup. You're correct. I'm sure it is possible (say, if you were a pornstar or something like that, you could force yourself to like a particular sex), but it is probably extremely difficult.

lol@Pornstar...

Let me ask some questions here;

For all of you who are straight, did you decide to become straight?

For those who use the "God" argument, how many of you are thinking about the Lord when you are trying to get you some p*ssy? I'm sure most of you aren't married and the bible says that you shouldn't have sex outside of marriage.

I did NOT decide to be gay, I decided to be honest and live my life truthfully in ALL areas of my life. I tried to "pray the gay away" for a good 9-10 years but the desires for men never left me. When I finally accepted the fact that I was a gay man, all the pressure that felt about that FINALLY left me and joy hit me in a way it never did before. As a result, my friendships got a lot stronger because they could know ALL of me not just some me, my faith in God got stronger and I became even more confident in myself.

Where "choice" is concerned, who would easily decided to be something that could ultimately get them thrown out their house or could get them beaten up just because of who they like/love? Now could I be straight if I wanted? Sure, but it wouldn't be who I really am because its not who I am in my HEART, forget the mind, the heart is what speaks most and I am not a liar. I also know if I tried being with a girl, I would cheat on her with a man and she would not deserve that at all. She would be "emotional roadkill", as I call it, and God help me if children were involved. I'm not going to lie to anyone just to make you or anyone else happy with me. Being on the DL is a disgusting way to live anyway. I am who I am and I'm proud of it. Period, end of discussion. :( :cool: :tup:

Yeah, but the one thing I never understood was how guys could date chicks and do the do, but they really are gay and I don't mean bi dudes either. Always confused the hell out of me.

Ha, similar to Jim McGreevey, right???

Let me ask some questions here;

For all of you who are straight, did you decide to become straight?

For those who use the "God" argument, how many of you are thinking about the Lord when you are trying to get you some p*ssy? I'm sure most of you aren't married and the bible says that you shouldn't have sex outside of marriage.

I did NOT decide to be gay, I decided to be honest and live my life truthfully in ALL areas of my life. I tried to "pray the gay away" for a good 9-10 years but the desires for men never left me. When I finally accepted the fact that I was a gay man, all the pressure that felt about that FINALLY left me and joy hit me in a way it never did before. As a result, my friendships got a lot stronger because they could know ALL of me not just some me, my faith in God got stronger and I became even more confident in myself.

Where "choice" is concerned, who would easily decided to be something that could ultimately get them thrown out their house or could get them beaten up just because of who they like/love? Now could I be straight if I wanted? Sure, but it wouldn't be who I really am because its not who I am in my HEART, forget the mind, the heart is what speaks most and I am not a liar. I also know if I tried being with a girl, I would cheat on her with a man and she would not deserve that at all. She would be "emotional roadkill", as I call it, and God help me if children were involved. I'm not going to lie to anyone just to make you or anyone else happy with me. Being on the DL is a disgusting way to live anyway. I am who I am and I'm proud of it. Period, end of discussion. :( :cool: :tup:

I think that's the problem. People take labels way too seriously. My friend (girl) said she had a girlfriend but she does not believe in labels. While technically she's lesbian, she does not see herself as one...which is ok, I think.

However, I think that people choose to be who they are and what they like. Yes, I chose to like trains and buses when I was young, I chose to get involved into skateboarding when I was 15, and yes, I chose to be interested in women. But something definitely triggers our likes and dislikes...and we all know that when we don't like something we show it with dissatisfaction and grotesqueness. Just like 553 said, he became interested in white and Latinas and I'm sure there's a reason why he likes them over black women. For me, it was high school: I went to high school with Dominicans and Puerto Ricans and I was attracted to them, and in the instance with white girls, it was college since Staten Island is prominent with Italian-Americans.

Our likes and dislikes play a big part in our lives. To say that we are born to like and dislike things is kinda farfetched, but I guess that's just me.

Archived