Summer Pick?

MHV9218

Well there are changes here, though the MTA isn't advertising it. Along with missing buses they are removing some runs, the 9:45pm N27 from HTC to Glen Cove is history as that run has been discontinued, according to what I was told by a driver. The last run is now 8:45pm.

"Harrison's Express Service" has fliers posted all over the bus stops at Roosevelt Field, $5 a ride....

Well there are changes here, though the MTA isn't advertising it. Along with missing buses they are removing some runs, the 9:45pm N27 from HTC to Glen Cove is history as that run has been discontinued, according to what I was told by a driver. The last run is now 8:45pm.

"Harrison's Express Service" has fliers posted all over the bus stops at Roosevelt Field, $5 a ride....

The last trip on the N27(9:45 from Hemp) wasnt eliminated. It was just taken off the present driver's run & switched to a LABO run where he now has approx. a 1 hr. & 25 min. layover in Hemp. prior to the 9:45 trip. This is supposedly another cost-cutting measure.

Oh, God, not those fliers. Those used to be all over the bus shelters at NCC around last fall, so I ripped them down when no one was looking. "Why wait for the bus?" Because even with all of LIB's problems, their vehicles all arrive, even though they're 14 minutes late or the transmission sounds like it'll burst out of the engine compartment and decapitate everyone in the bus. It's dollar van service only five times as annoying and expensive.

Oh, God, not those fliers. Those used to be all over the bus shelters at NCC around last fall, so I ripped them down when no one was looking. "Why wait for the bus?" Because even with all of LIB's problems, their vehicles all arrive, even though they're 14 minutes late or the transmission sounds like it'll burst out of the engine compartment and decapitate everyone in the bus. It's dollar van service only five times as annoying and expensive.

lmao @ ripping the fliers down ! I'm picturing someone going around doin that...

way to make a statement, bro

The last trip on the N27(9:45 from Hemp) wasnt eliminated. It was just taken off the present driver's run & switched to a LABO run where he now has approx. a 1 hr. & 25 min. layover in Hemp. prior to the 9:45 trip. This is supposedly another cost-cutting measure.

Ah, OK. I got it...

Oh yeah? I was hearing from a MHV B/O that the pick would be June 26th, same as last year, maybe it varies by depot or he was just misinformed.

The summer pick for NYCT Queens depots starts on Sunday 7/3. It makes sense for the OA to start a week earlier because of all that added Bx12 service for Orchard Beach.

Archived