[#5025- Bus Operator] Just got the letter!

Acela Express

As the subject says- just received a letter to report down to 180 Livingston on July 5th, 2011 @ 7:30am!

Letter is dated yesterday!

Test: #5025

List #2922

Keep hope alive brothers!

Remember- when you think all hope is lost, God WILL come through for you.

Thanks, a lot to the participants here and assisting us with transiting to the MTA world. It's much appreciated!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the subject says- just received a letter to report down to 180 Livingston on July 5th, 2011 @ 7:30am!

Letter is dated yesterday!

Test: #5025

List #2922

Keep hope alive brothers!

Remember- when you think all hope is lost, God WILL come through for you.

Thanks, a lot to the participants here and assisting us with transiting to the MTA world. It's much appreciated!

Well good luck bro,welcome to the MTA world if everything go good with you:tup:

Thanks, guys.

One question: my paper says for pre-interview and lab examination (drug test); but I didn't receive anything stating for the BOSS? I'm prepared for it all, but just curious.

Also, if I'm on July 5th, I'm looking forward to the classes on, perhaps, July 18th or August 1st, right?

Thanks, guys.

One question: my paper says for pre-interview and lab examination (drug test); but I didn't receive anything stating for the BOSS? I'm prepared for it all, but just curious.

Also, if I'm on July 5th, I'm looking forward to the classes on, perhaps, July 18th or August 1st, right?

It seems that the TA (exams 5025 and 8006) don,t notify you of the BOSS results. You are being called in and that's all that matters because it seems that we all passed on those exams . The OA (MABOSTA) does notify you as on this forum people have reported failing or passing this test. I for one can vouch for that because I applied for both 8006(TA) and 2901 (OA) and failed on 2901.

Strange because same questions same answers. Good Luck.

Thanks, NYWRR, for replying.

I ask because, back in 2008, I received two separate letters - 1. for BOSS in February; and 2. similar letter I received on Saturday for drug testing in May 2008. I found it odd, but if this is the way they're doing it now, then, by all means.. it's fine by me.

The BOSS is taken the same day appointed in the letter?

Thanks, NYWRR, for replying.

I ask because, back in 2008, I received two separate letters - 1. for BOSS in February; and 2. similar letter I received on Saturday for drug testing in May 2008. I found it odd, but if this is the way they're doing it now, then, by all means.. it's fine by me.

The BOSS is taken the same day appointed in the letter?

Hmm, so you never took the BOSS right? You didn't go down to 180

in Brooklyn back in 08? I remember reading something to do about not

having your license for a minimum of 3 years. Now I wonder if they

have make up BOSS exams, because you need to take that before you

do anything else.

No, I did not proceed with anything in 2008 when I was originally called because I didn't have my license for 3 years-- that's probably the thread you're referring to. However I have everything now. And it seems, from what was posted above, that the BOSS notice is no longer in these "notifications".

Unfortunately there is no god in the MTA. Welcome aboard and good luck with your new career.

Not to turn this into a religious off-topic thread, but, yes there is- even at MTA. Keep your nose clean, and be politically correct at times.

And thanks.

I read on here that if you don't show up for the BOSS, they take you off the list, but you got reinstated so that part is taken care of. You can't be the only one from the 5025 list still waiting, If I were you I would let them know when you go down there on July 5th about not taking the BOSS.

How would you fit in with the others in your class who have lower list

numbers then you but are from a different list(8006)?

I would think that you would have the 1st pick when it came time to

choose depots since the 5025 exam came before the 8006 exam.:confused:

Yeah, Locomotion69. I think I'll be ahead of most, if not, all classmates during training because my test was 5 years ago, and the oldest (exam wise) there.. and yes, able to freely choose my depots.

And, not to jump the gun, but at that point, I'm looking into either Jackie Gleason or Ulmer Park Depots. It just seems right.

Yeah, Locomotion69. I think I'll be ahead of most, if not, all classmates during training because my test was 5 years ago, and the oldest (exam wise) there.. and yes, able to freely choose my depots.

And, not to jump the gun, but at that point, I'm looking into either Jackie Gleason or Ulmer Park Depots. It just seems right.

Well congrates bro and good luck. Welcome to the MTA.:tup:

Thanks, transit bx.

I've only driven a U-Haul truck in the past. That said, I'm a bit worried about the tight turns and driving in Lower Manhattan for some reason. But I guess the anxiety will wear off once I'm used to driving the 'big rig'.

I'll update once I'm fully into the classes.

Thanks, transit bx.

I've only driven a U-Haul truck in the past. That said, I'm a bit worried about the tight turns and driving in Lower Manhattan for some reason. But I guess the anxiety will wear off once I'm used to driving the 'big rig'.

I'll update once I'm fully into the classes.

aight cool, the number one thing when you get into training is take your time,plan ahead, use your mirrors and turn slow on your turns about 3 to 5 mph. Listen to what your insurcter tells you even if they are hard on you.:tup:

Alright, so I went down for drug testing this morning. It paid to arrive an hour before your scheduled report time (7:30am) --- I was the first into the lab, and first out, all within an hour and 15 mins from the 7:30am mark. The lady who handled my processing at the counter gave me a package that must be filled out before being called for medical, which I'll probably take care of today.

Hopefully I'll get a call by tomorrow or Thursday so I can make it for the Friday's medical date and be ready for the July 18th classes.

BTW, there's a lot of incompetent people who go down to their employment center.. SMH.

No shot of you going to either!

FlushingFlash - what's that supposed to mean?

when we completed line training at fresh pond there was 3 slots open for gleason and 2 for ulmer park the others left were for east new york and flatbush and maspeth and fresh pond again so you have to see no one can tell you you dont have a shot not true

Edit: nevermind - I get the idea, as from your post in the Bus Operations forum - http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=448273&postcount=22

I'll take it into consideration. Thanks.

when we completed line training at fresh pond 3 yrs ago there were 3 slots open for gleason 2 for ulmer park,and the others left were for east ny,and flatbush and maspeth and fresh pond peple get fired or quit or retire nobody can tell you you have no shot at the depot you want just dont go to queens depots your stuck there for life if you dont like it like i did you screwed wait and see what is open could get in

Slight update - the 180 Livingston office just called to have me come down for the BOSS on Tuesday at 9:30am. I find it funny they're running the hiring process 'out-of-sequence' since they gave me the drug test first, and now then BOSS. My Godmother, who also is an operator for about 4 years now, said she took the BOSS and medical on the same day.. and received her pass too.

I'm wondering if that would be my situation as well?

Slight update - the 180 Livingston office just called to have me come down for the BOSS on Tuesday at 9:30am. I find it funny they're running the hiring process 'out-of-sequence' since they gave me the drug test first, and now then BOSS. My Godmother, who also is an operator for about 4 years now, said she took the BOSS and medical on the same day.. and received her pass too.

I'm wondering if that would be my situation as well?

Well just make sure you pass that boss,its basically a interview of some sort, its going to ask you the same thing but worded different,so make sure you pay attention and answer the ? the same way. How i did it if i was not sure on how i answer the ? i would go back and check on that ? and get my answer. Take your time and good luck its real easy.:tup:

Thanks, bro.

The idea is consistency, basically.

Perhaps I can get that done, then hopefully a run to medical thereafter, same day.

The medical: what exactly does it consist of? From what I've read and heard - they test your hearing, vision, blood pressure and EKG.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Archived