R68/A on the Q this weekend?

j express

If this is true thats awesome.I suppose the leftover R-68/A's from the (N) went to the (Q) meaning the (N) goes 100% R-160.

If you didn't get it:

Jamaica R-160's go to the (N) bumping

R-68 or R-68A or both to the (G) bumping 46's to the (R)(F)

and making the (N) 100% R-160 swapping (Q) with (N).

Since the (7) can't go west of Queensboro Plaza, the (Q) is extended to/from Ditmars Boulevard to help out the (N), and the (Q) needs more train sets so R-68/As (most likely from the (:P) are being used. I've seen around 10 of them today, I expect to see R-68/As on the (Q) again tomorrow.

The (MTA) could put any car on any line. Except for B div to A div. An example would be the R32's on the (J)/(Z)

NOT all true. R46s can't ever get onto the (J)(L)(M) or (Z) lines, and the same thing goes with R68/As.

Since the (7) can't go west of Queensboro Plaza, the (Q) is extended to/from Ditmars Boulevard to help out the (N), and the (Q) needs more train sets so R-68/As (most likely from the (:P) are being used. I've seen around 10 of them today, I expect to see R-68/As on the (Q) again tomorrow.

I also heard that some of the R160s were being inspected due to problems with technology. (the signs are starting to screw up a lot)

In many trains seldom seen is a consist without at least one screwed up FIND. 68a are also in service on the (D). I also saw a 68a nancy on the west end so its not all 160 yet. this might be the most amount of lines that have 68/a running in regular service at once in history (B D G N Q)

I dont understand what is the purpose of moving the R68s off the (N) and moving it to the (Q).. And then in the future back on the (N) off the (Q) and continuing..

Funny and weird crap happens on the (MTA), Ill tell ya that!

What the (MTA) should do, is allow the (N) / (Q) share the R68s just like they do with the R160s. It makes no sense moving trains around if the routes are based out of the same yard, with the same equipment!

I just came back today to say the following:

There were 6 Sets or R68A on the (Q), and 2 R68 sets on the (Q). There was also 3 R68A on the (N) and 1 R68 on the (N).

This was all because of the following 2 things:

+Supplement for (7) train

+about 10 R160 sets are out for maintence, which means they need to run all the cars from the (;) on those lines.

I will post all pics Monday.

Sorry if I am derailing this topic for a bit, but honestly there was no need to remove R-68/A's from the (Q) at all, even with the line having two terminals during points of the day, heck you have R-68/A's running on the (;) also having the same two north terminals during the day, and using R-68/A's so I really don't buy the reason the two different terminals on the (Q) being why the (Q) was fully R-160s. (If that was the real reason, they should have assigned R-160s on the (:o too and put all R-68/A's on the (N)) I ride the Brighton Line on a daily basis and whoever says that Brighton (Q) riders hated the R-68/As is misrepresenting the general ridership. It's great to see the (Q) use R-68/As again as opposed to R-160a/b sets (although I like those a lot too) Although those trains are a bit slower than the R-160s we have now, they have more comfortable seats.

I hope to catch one of these beloved hippos on the (Q), whenever they have them. I haven't ridden a R-68/A on the (Q) since June 25th of last year.

This R160 inspecton thing will be going on for about a week.

Also, I have been hearing from T/O's lately that they might put an R160 on the (:P tomorrow... MIGHT.

The R68A's will probably stay on the (Q) for a while, at least until the R160's are finished being inspected. The R160's are 4 months overdue for inspection (meanwhile they are supposed to be inspected every month or less).

The (:P will use EVERY R68 & R68A available from Concourse and whatever is left at Coney Island. Jamaica Yard might loan some of their leftover R160's to run on the (N) or (Q) (I DID see 9732-9736 on the (N) Saturday, not kidding).

There is a 99% chance this won't happen, but What they may do is Take some or all of the leftover R46 at Pitkin Yard, and put them on the (R) and (F). The (F) will have some or be mostly R46 while those R160's that were on the (F) go fill in at CI Yard. This probably won't happen, but it could happen.

This whole thing should be going on for about a week, and it will end whenever all the R160's are inspected.

EDIT: I heard from Redbirdfan33 that there was a JY R160 set on the (D) (9300's) spotted at Grand Street. It was heading towards Coney Island.

Archived