Details of the New Assignments?

R10 2952

As far as I know, the new assignments call for a small number of R-46s on the (F), a small number of R-68As on the (Q), and the substitution of the (G) line's R-46s with R-68s. Are there any other changes, though? I have heard various theories, but other than the above, I have no concrete information concerning the new assignments for June 27th.

heres the current list http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2011-06-26.html

In addition to that, there are two R68A sets for the (D) and R68As apparently are on the (Q) for this weekend but it remains to be seen if they will be on the (N) or (Q) anymore.

the R46 (F) seems like outside of rush hour its going to be a tough catch.

Thanks for the link. On a side note, it's a shame that the R-32s and R-42s are staying put. I was hoping they would consider moving them to other lines. Oh well, in the end I guess I'm just glad that they are STILL with us. And at least the (G) got R-68s. If I'm not mistaken, this marks the first time that the R-68s have been assigned to a traditionally-IND line, AND to a line other than the South Brooklyn BMT routes.

Guest lance25

I doubt that anyone else wants those R32s (no offense to any fans of the trains).

The R42s will stay on the (J) and (Z) simply because there isn't anything else that can replace them. Outside of the R32s and 4-car R160s, the rest of the total fleet is too long to fit on the Eastern Division lines.

Thanks for the link. On a side note, it's a shame that the R-32s and R-42s are staying put. I was hoping they would consider moving them to other lines. Oh well, in the end I guess I'm just glad that they are STILL with us. And at least the (G) got R-68s. If I'm not mistaken, this marks the first time that the R-68s have been assigned to a traditionally-IND line, AND to a line other than the South Brooklyn BMT routes.

those 32s and 42s are finished, they're just starting to get really run down from age. The 68s are a welcome addition to the (G) which in turn means the return of R46s to the (F). Even if its only a couple of sets.

I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere else, but the (N)(Q) are now 100% NTT, according to that chart. Also no more R160 ®'s.

that chart doesn't seem right at all for the new pick. I'll believe it when I see it tomorrow. But I feel like another change is going to happen for the pick but I'm not going to say

those R160s on the (R) were a result of not having enough R46s to make service. The R at its busiest needs 29 trains. It was down to 27 trains when those R160 sets wound up there.

The (G) had 54 R46s, that makes 6 full trains of 8 cars. If those 8 cars are freed up for other lines at Jamaica yard. We see that 2 of them return to the (R) to give it 29 R46 trains. That leaves at least 4 sets that can be used on the (F). Right now during rush hours it gets 3, and off times gets 1 set.

The (F) lost 3 R160 sets which were given to the (N) and (Q) so they now have enough to be all 160s.

There's also rumors to keep in mind about the 68As staying on the (N) and (Q) to give the 160s a break.

All in all its interesting stuff, I like that the MTA mixes things around every year to keep stuff interesting.

I seen R160B 9153-9157 paired with 9178-9182 on the (F) on sunday. should of sworn all the 91's were going back to CI. :confused: Last i recall was Jamaica Sending 9143-9232 to CI. and by the way, why would the (N)/(Q) use R68A's anymore? if 9143-9232 are going to be sent, and 8713-8722 being sent already?

Okay this is from a TA source

The (N) and (Q) will both have R68's running on their lines, The CIYD AGM wants the R160's to run less due to the fact that they are racking up on miles, They want to keep the warranty if those R160's get to a certain point of mileage that warranty is voided so I expect to see some R160's on the (B)ravo later on today or this week, this is what they want to do

and the R42's are finished, The R32's are just fine, some of them look like shit but the bulk of them are still running fine.

I dont need TA sources to back that one up, the R42 I was on, on the (Z) had loose seats and the interior looked very shoddy and falling apart.

The R42's were going to retire a few months back and be replaced by 50 extra R32's, but that plan was canceled because of the TA wanted to have extra cars for a spares, but those R42's do need to go, they look like complete garbage

The (N) and (Q) will both have R68's running on their lines, The CIYD AGM wants the R160's to run less due to the fact that they are racking up on miles, They want to keep the warranty if those R160's get to a certain point of mileage that warranty is voided so I expect to see some R160's on the (B)ravo later on today or this week, this is what they want to do

and the R42's are finished, The R32's are just fine, some of them look like *scrambled* but the bulk of them are still running fine.

some of them

oh_you.jpg

If this isn't foaming/denial, I don't know what is. I don't need any "sources" to back that up.

On Some Real shit this is why i don't post on this site as much, Because all you guys do is pop mad shit, oh well the R32's are still here as well as the shitty R42's, They won't go anywhere until 2014-16 thats if the R179's contract is awarded, if not then oh well, just deal with it, and no im not foaming, they don't want the R160 warranty to be voided, rerember CI got the r160's first so they want to keep the warranty as long as they can, as for ENY, They have exprience with the ntt's so they don't have to worry about that, as for jamaica's R160's thats another story, they have extended their warranty

Is everyone on the line qualified? If not; I don't see them doing that.

The R42's were going to retire a few months back and be replaced by 50 extra R32's, but that plan was canceled because of the TA wanted to have extra cars for a spares

That's something i find hard to believe.

Archived