Depot Choice

Buss10252010

First and foremost, I hope all who read this is in good health and spirits.

I'm a TA employee (presently at Gleason) looking to switch to an OA depot (preferably Manhattanville) since its close to home. I like Gleason and was wondering if I should take chance or not? I don't know how the OA seniority works over there for TA employees. Can anyone shed light on this?

I'm a TA employee (presently at Gleason) looking to switch to an OA depot (preferably Manhattanville) since its close to home. I like Gleason and was wondering if I should take chance or not? I don't know how the OA seniority works over there for TA employees. Can anyone shed light on this?

You can only build seniority over TA guys, not OA guys. If you go to an OA depot you will always be on the bottom. If you have alot of seniority (which im guessing you don't if you are asking this question) its not worth it to give it up unless being closer to home is that important to you...And why not just go to 126th? its the only TA depot in Manhattan. If theres a spot there you could get your seniority right back in a couple years

Is the System or General pick once a year? My take on this issue is when a B/O is on probation or fairly new they want to be as close to their home as possible. But I noticed a lot of B/O's with a lot of time on the job living out of state with 1-2hr commutes to their depots. Makes sense because they have more seniority and are at top pay.

if you where hire in 2005 you will only have your seniority from that point on if you was hire in 2006 then you will be going in your seniority spot in other words if your peg is lower than 3000 then you will loose your time if its in the 5000 you will go in your seniority spot

well, from what i know is that, on the system pick on december of every year you can choose to pick out, from TA to OA depots vice versa. for seniority list, you will only be able to take 5 years, so if you have 7 years only 5 will count and you will fall like if you had 5 years on the job when it come to pick runs, assignments etc. I'm an OA operator and i actually started at Manhhatanville and have been working in Brooklyn for the past 3 years because my ulmer park is 10 mns away. i never switch over to TA and im still OA, i can go back to OA depot anytime. so just sign the form at the annual system pick and if you dont like OA come back the following year, all you are doing is selecting your work location and you keep your TA status.

Archived