The R46 are still on the (G) / R68A on (N)!

4P3607

At the end of my railfan trip today, I rode an R46 (G) train! Apparently the pick starts next week! Here are 5 pictures for now. I also have some R68/A (N) & (Q) shots coming later:

r46g04.jpg

r46g03.jpg

r46g05.jpg

r46g02.jpg

r46g01.jpg

Enjoy!!

The pick did start this weekend, there were R46's left over on the G since there was a weekend GO on the line so all the R46's could not be pulled. 3 R46's got laid up after the AM rush to be swapped off. Perhaps there is another one left.

In order to make full service, you can see an occasional R68/68A on the N becasue there spare factor is higher on the older cars than the newer ones for obvious reasons.

As been noted here over and over and over again, car assignments are not set in stone.

I got a new camera. Thats why :).

Anyways thanks! :cool:.

its not just the camera, I've had the same camera for nearly 2 years and took thousands of rail photos with it, and my current photos look improved over the earlier ones which often had the train cut off or were too bright, or a bit shakey.

Guess someone was transporting a lamp lol.

Yes they were, lol.

Nice pictures dude..

Thanks!

The pick did start this weekend, there were R46's left over on the G since there was a weekend GO on the line so all the R46's could not be pulled. 3 R46's got laid up after the AM rush to be swapped off. Perhaps there is another one left.

In order to make full service, you can see an occasional R68/68A on the N becasue there spare factor is higher on the older cars than the newer ones for obvious reasons.

As been noted here over and over and over again, car assignments are not set in stone.

So thats what happened, anyway thanks. But I did see a NIS R46 with the (G) sign going to church Avenue to go into service, so then again they might still be running them.

Nice I think that could be the last Revenue R46 on the (G)

Read last quote...^^ Then again you may be right.

its not just the camera, I've had the same camera for nearly 2 years and took thousands of rail photos with it, and my current photos look improved over the earlier ones which often had the train cut off or were too bright, or a bit shakey.

Ohh... I see. Anyways thanks!

Cool pics!

Thank you!

NOTE TO EVERYBODY: I learned how to resize my pictures (the size is now 1333 x 1000), so you shouldn't have too much of a problem loading them! ;)

NOTE TO EVERYBODY: I learned how to resize my pictures (the size is now 1333 x 1000), so you shouldn't have too much of a problem loading them! :P

I have now resized my pics to 1036 x 777, so they should be pretty easy to load.

I don't know when the last of the R46's will leave the G, but today there were 3 out there during the AM rush, with 2 running during the day.

Enjoy them while you can because they will likely disappear without notice!

Gah, I missed them :P.

Archived