DCAS No Longer Accepting Applications for NYC Transit

LexAveExp5

Yup one of my good friends down in 2 Bway is in the dept who is setting that up :-|. We figured changes to the requirements may be underway now that the middleman is gone.

So what does this mean for people in the future thats trying to join the MTA,is it for the worst or for the good.

So what does this mean for people in the future thats trying to join the MTA,is it for the worst or for the good.

I think we'll know for sure when the exam notices go up, but it may be for the worst if they raise requirements with work experience or the addition of college credits which either way could eliminate a good portion of applicants presently eligible.

I think we'll know for sure when the exam notices go up, but it may be for the worst if they raise requirements with work experience or the addition of college credits which either way could eliminate a good portion of applicants presently eligible.

That was going to happen regardless. Thats the trend for a lot of municipalities.

New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA) Exam Information:

As of July 1, 2011, the New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA) will begin accepting applications for civil service examinations for titles that are used exclusively by the NYCTA. Therefore, DCAS will no longer be accepting applications for these examinations.

https://exam.nyct.com/psc/cgwprod_ex/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?&PAGE=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&NY_CGW_Type=E

Should mean less provisional employees...guess we'll see how it affects exam requirements, but it also means there will be more tests b/c DCAS couldn't handle the volume of tests Transit wanted.

I think I heard that DCAS will still oversee compliance with civil service law, but Transit will actually do the processing work required (not 100% sure about this part).

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. But I do feel they will try to raise the bar for requirements now. In either more work experience or college credits or both.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. But I do feel they will try to raise the bar for requirements now. In either more work experience or college credits or both.

I dont see a problem with that.

I dont see a problem with that.

Neither do I . Was just saying these are things TA may change now that they are in charge. I just hope since TA is gonna be doing their own tests that they can use better locations than DCAS does. About more than half the tests I've taken with DCAS always start late and have crappy schools without AC in The summer or noisy radiators in the winter or poor lighting. When I took the CR and TO exams it was like that for both exams. When I took the Bridge and Tunnel Officer exam it started over an hour late and the people in the halls had no idea how to direct people to the rooms they were assigned.

Neither do I . Was just saying these are things TA may change now that they are in charge. I just hope since TA is gonna be doing their own tests that they can use better locations than DCAS does. About more than half the tests I've taken with DCAS always start late and have crappy schools without AC in The summer or noisy radiators in the winter or poor lighting. When I took the CR and TO exams it was like that for both exams. When I took the Bridge and Tunnel Officer exam it started over an hour late and the people in the halls had no idea how to direct people to the rooms they were assigned.

i bet they will hold the tests at 248.

i bet they will hold the tests at 248.

Maybe but that could prove inconvenient for most. I know it was hella inconvenient for me To go down there luggin uniforms and books last year when I got laid off. Good thing a classmate drove down there. I just would hope they'd use better schools than DCAS and ones with AC for summer test and proper lighting. When I took the TO test the room was half light and very hot. When I took the exam for 311 operator the room was also poorly light and the radiator made this annoying noise throughout the entire exam.:mad:.

I think there will be some good things with the TA taking control. One thing is that tests will probably happen more often than they do now, so if you don't do well on an exam, the amount of time you'll need to wait for the next one won't be as lengthy. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the tests would take place at PS248.

Maybe but that could prove inconvenient for most. I know it was hella inconvenient for me To go down there luggin uniforms and books last year when I got laid off. Good thing a classmate drove down there. I just would hope they'd use better schools than DCAS and ones with AC for summer test and proper lighting. When I took the TO test the room was half light and very hot. When I took the exam for 311 operator the room was also poorly light and the radiator made this annoying noise throughout the entire exam.:mad:.

i am not looking foward to them having test at 248. i hate going out there. no matter how early i leave i always get there 5 mins late or just on time.

i am not looking foward to them having test at 248. i hate going out there. no matter how early i leave i always get there 5 mins late or just on time.

LMAO, I guess everyone does. It's just so far out in Brooklyn, even when I was in class in 2006 2 female classmates didn't wan't to go there for AFC training and they live in Brooklyn. They choose to go to 207th street. And when I was to report to class there after being reinstated on March 28th at 730am I left my house at 5am and still managed to be late, from a combination of things. The bus I needed to connect to the D train at 205th street came 20 mins late. And then the D train ran local all the way to 25th Ave. Maybe they could find a way to give them at 130. But either way they'd have to give the exams at multiple locations due to the high turn out for most exams, so the public school method would still works best.

Ah yes, that famous pizzeria. I used to work on Cropsey Ave/20th Ave in

Bath Beach around 10 years ago and everybody at work would rave about that place.

Maybe it's a Brooklyn thing but I have had better pizza from other places.

I am more familiar with the other side of Stillwell Ave. Best bet would be

to find parking on the side streets and not on the avenues.

I took 2 TA exams at Franklin Lane H.S and you had to park a good distance from

the school to find a parking spot. I parked by Forest Park on Park Ln south.

Does any of you know if you still have to pay a fee to take the exam (Like DCAS has and still does), or is it free? Not that I care but just wondering.

Why wouldn't there be a fee? The two promo exams have a fee of $60 so i think that might be the fee for the O/C exams too.

Archived