Al Sharpton rips candidate Herman Cain

MHV9218

Of course you libs do not like Cain. He is not a leftist ideologue. He actually believes that America is great. He actually believes in the constitution. He actually believes that the free market capitalist system is good. He actually believes that we should not rely on the government for everything. He actually believes in living within our means. He actually believes in American Exceptionalism. He actually believes that we are not at fault for the world's problems. He actually believes that race-baiting is stupid. He actually believes that all Americans (Black, White, Latino) should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Wow. It is so racist to believe in conservatism.

"American Exceptionalism" is a deluding lie like the "American Dream" that people with money tell people who don't have money as they smile their way to the bank in their luxury cars, shitting all over society and paying a small percentage of the would-be unemployed minimum wage to clean it up...without a mop, sponge, or a broom, or even trash bags.

The only reason a black girls pride is her hair because one wishes they had alot of it. Hell alot of black girls hate mixed black girls because they hair is better. No one told those chicks to take it that serious. Its only hair. But I can see why so many of em use fake hair so they can feel special.

There was no need to press the issue. It wasnt anything they never heard before. It was only different because a white man said it. But I guess its ok if a comedian says it right? Because its funny, so what makes Imus different? Because he's white and said it on a radio station and it was a easy way for them to get attention by pressing the issue.

Yeah I said it. Yeah some may have hair, but the majority dont. And the red hair.....that shyt aint cute. nuff said.

Dude, you are totally clueless.

Most black men and women are born with beautiful hair..... When they start perming it and using chemicals, and that is when it gets damaged!

Black History 101! From the mixed guy who got teased as a child because I had pretty hair...... Been there done that! Ignorance is ignorance, no matter your race, skin color, or skin type. I wouldn't give a damn if Obama himself made the comment!

How would your mother fell about these statement's you are making?

The more you type, the more I see the "REAL" 553.........

You should be ashamed of yourself! I got no more "kick it's" for you bro!

The real 553....dude you ain hurtin ma feelings. Im sorry but when it comes to saying things ima say it.

I really dont know why you taking it to the head.

I read your opinions and I replied without saying shyt like "the more and more you type I see the real east new york".

The real 553....dude you ain hurtin ma feelings. Im sorry but when it comes to saying things ima say it.

I really dont know why you taking it to the head.

I read your opinions and I replied without saying shyt like "the more and more you type I see the real east new york".

You know, it's not about how you say things, or what you say....

You just don't get it, and unfortunately you NEVER will....

So you coming at me because I dont get it?

If you have AIM then hit me up. (Dmcr9525) I would prefer to tell you what I mean in a one on one conversation.

I don't want it to seem like I'm "going hard" on you for no reason.

So if you could hit me up, I would appreciate it. I would prefer not to elaborate publicly.

I didnt see anything wrong with it either. Shyt my runs I hear black guys calling black girls hoes all the time, even when I was working Wildwood as a extra run today I heard kids saying it. I actually laughed when Imus said that, tho I do feel he shouldnt have said that live on a radio station. And those girls on that team just wanted attention, thats all it was about... attention; nothing more then attention.

People are bringing it back up so they can use it as a point or so. But its actually a pretty bad point to use.

The only reason a black girls pride is her hair because one wishes they had alot of it. Hell alot of black girls hate mixed black girls because they hair is better. No one told those chicks to take it that serious. Its only hair. But I can see why so many of em use fake hair so they can feel special.

There was no need to press the issue. It wasnt anything they never heard before. It was only different because a white man said it. But I guess its ok if a comedian says it right? Because its funny, so what makes Imus different? Because he's white and said it on a radio station and it was a easy way for them to get attention by pressing the issue.

Yeah I said it. Yeah some may have hair, but the majority dont. And the red hair.....that shyt aint cute. nuff said.

Actually I didn't see the big deal about what Imus said either. Even so, why is this being re-hashed anyway? That was sometime ago and he's paid his dues for what he said. I actually thought it was funny. I mean the only reason everyone made a big deal about it was because he was white. The fact that they took offense to it shows that they must believe what he said, otherwise they should've just brushed it off. Black men call black women hoes all the time and I don't recall seeing a big uproar over it. If anything many people laugh about it, so there is certainly a double standard to say the least.

I do agree that Al Sharpton is a racist though. No question about that. He only cries foul when he feels that injustice has been done against black people but if the reverse happens, you don't hear jack squat. lol

I see no relevance about the Imus situation to this either... but

- via... not sure if you do or don't, but if you knew (or cared about) the connotation behind the "nappy headed" part, you wouldn't find it so funny - unless you were racist yourself, that is.... the fact that he called them hoes wasn't the main reason he got ripped.....

- 553... it wasn't about attention, or hair itself & you know it.... the comment was much more hurtful/insulting than simply about black women *aint havin no damn hair*.... If he up went and said "bald headed hoes", the s*** would not have blown up to the level that it did.... Those Rutgers b-ball girls gotten too much media coverage well before Imus said what he did, so (attempting to) gain more recognition couldn't have been it either..... I got sick of hearin about them before the fact... they were treated like the first women's team to ever step foot on a basketball court; like my god, enough about these broads.....

...and it may have been different b/c a white man said it (but what racist comment isn't; keep in mind what the term racism means)... but Imus is KNOWN for making crass a** comments - this time he just got checked on it, and rightfully so....

the whole mammy, nappy headed, stereotype/image has been one that's been portrayed about blacks for centuries... the word "nappy" (head/ed) was a term used to belittle slaves; that ole nappy headed nzzzzzz... now the word doesn't have as much power as the n-bomb, but it's still insulting in its own right to black ppl..... Imus aint stupid, he knew what he was doin...

it would have been no different if Imus went up there & called those rutgers girls some ole watermelon eatin ho's.... the s*** was racist....

now....

women that went up there screaming misogyny, now that I don't agree with... THAT is where I felt attention whoring came into play... the feminist groups ate that s*** up too & ran with it, makin their own little agenda out of the comment.....

If you ask me, the comment was more racist than it was sexist....

Ask most black women, and I bet they'd feel the same way....

I see no relevance about the Imus situation to this either... but

- via... not sure if you do or don't, but if you knew (or cared about) the connotation behind the "nappy headed" part, you wouldn't find it so funny - unless you were racist yourself, that is.... the fact that he called them hoes wasn't the main reason he got ripped.....

- 553... it wasn't about attention, or hair itself & you know it.... the comment was much more hurtful/insulting than simply about black women *aint havin no damn hair*.... If he up went and said "bald headed hoes", the s*** would not have blown up to the level that it did.... Those Rutgers b-ball girls gotten too much media coverage well before Imus said what he did, so (attempting to) gain more recognition couldn't have been it either..... I got sick of hearin about them before the fact... they were treated like the first women's team to ever step foot on a basketball court; like my god, enough about these broads.....

...and it may have been different b/c a white man said it (but what racist comment isn't; keep in mind what the term racism means)... but Imus is KNOWN for making crass a** comments - this time he just got checked on it, and rightfully so....

the whole mammy, nappy headed, stereotype/image has been one that's been portrayed about blacks for centuries... the word "nappy" (head/ed) was a term used to belittle slaves; that ole nappy headed nzzzzzz... now the word doesn't have as much power as the n-bomb, but it's still insulting in its own right to black ppl..... Imus aint stupid, he knew what he was doin...

it would have been no different if Imus went up there & called those rutgers girls some ole watermelon eatin ho's.... the s*** was racist....

now....

women that went up there screaming misogyny, now that I don't agree with... THAT is where I felt attention whoring came into play... the feminist groups ate that s*** up too & ran with it, makin their own little agenda out of the comment.....

If you ask me, the comment was more racist than it was sexist....

Ask most black women, and I bet they'd feel the same way....

Actually, I know about the whole slave thing and yeah I still find it funny and I have curly hair (and no not the "nappy" kind). lol I just think folks take things way too seriously. Like I said I've heard jokes about it plenty of times and the only difference this time is that a white person said it, which automatically makes it racist. I mean really, who takes Don Imus seriously anyway? :( LOL

Actually, I know about the whole slave thing and yeah I still find it funny and I have curly hair (and no not the "nappy" kind). lol I just think folks take things way too seriously. Like I said I've heard jokes about it plenty of times and the only difference this time is that a white person said it, which automatically makes it racist. I mean really, who takes Don Imus seriously anyway? :( LOL

yeah, we supposedly take things way too serious....

and folks on the opposing end always see it as "a joke".... that's always a defense to a racist comment...

.....and wtf, curliness is not synonymous with nappiness.

figured you didn't understand.....

yeah, we supposedly take things way too serious....

and folks on the opposing end always see it as "a joke".... that's always a defense to a racist comment...

.....and wtf, curliness is not synonymous with nappiness.

figured you didn't understand.....

I know, I'm just saying that I don't have straight hair per se and I didn't see anything wrong with it. In case you didn't know curly hair isn't necessarily seen as the best hair or "good" hair either. It's not nappy, but it's not straight either. That was my point.

Come on now....

The reason it was taken to the next level is the simple fact Imus is white. Had some black comedian said those same exact words the chicks would be laughing and carrying on with one another. But now its serious soon as a white person says it.

You think its ok for a black guy to say it but yet when a black guy says it, its suppose to be funny? B35 you know as well as I do you know you have heard black guys call black girls alot of crazy ish and they think its funny, not all em do, but im saying some do. I straight up heard a black guy in the mall call his chick a whore and she laughed.

So if a black guy calls a black girl a bitch thats suppose to ok? White guy calls his girl a whore, thats suppose to be ok? But soon as it turns the other way then its a problem? I found it funny, because it was.

Those chicks wanted the attention and thats what it was all about. They wanted to feel special. And even at the end of the day it come to the fact it was more about the hair. Yes im black incase anyone didnt know. Black girls are known to go crazy over bad hair comments.

Yes the comment shouldnt have been said, and imus was wrong for it, but the whole thing was blown outta line for no reason. There is no excuse for what he said but as I said earlier it wasnt anything those girls havent heard before. I aint defending no one here.

I know, I'm just saying that I don't have straight hair per se and I didn't see anything wrong with it. In case you didn't know curly hair isn't necessarily seen as the best hair or "good" hair either. It's not nappy, but it's not straight either. That was my point.

Of course straight hair is the crème de la crème (so to speak) of the beauty standard when it comes to hair.... all these hair care supply stores in this neighborhood, they are makin BANK (money) off indian & asian hair....

but still, curly hair & nappy hair aren't one in the same, just b/c neither one of them are considered the "best" hair to have.....

to tell someone they have curly hair isn't insulting....

to tell someone they have nappy hair, is.... at the very least, it implies you don't take care of it at all...

Come on now....

The reason it was taken to the next level is the simple fact Imus is white. Had some black comedian said those same exact words the chicks would be laughing and carrying on with one another. But now its serious soon as a white person says it.

You think its ok for a black guy to say it but yet when a black guy says it, its suppose to be funny? B35 you know as well as I do you know you have heard black guys call black girls alot of crazy ish and they think its funny, not all em do, but im saying some do. I straight up heard a black guy in the mall call his chick a whore and she laughed.

So if a black guy calls a black girl a bitch thats suppose to ok? White guy calls his girl a whore, thats suppose to be ok? But soon as it turns the other way then its a problem? I found it funny, because it was.

Those chicks wanted the attention and thats what it was all about. They wanted to feel special. And even at the end of the day it come to the fact it was more about the hair. Yes im black incase anyone didnt know. Black girls are known to go crazy over bad hair comments.

Yes the comment shouldnt have been said, and imus was wrong for it, but the whole thing was blown outta line for no reason. There is no excuse for what he said but as I said earlier it wasnt anything those girls havent heard before. I aint defending no one here.

I don't find calling ANYONE nappy headed funny, regardless of who says it.....

and spare me the strawmans....

Whether they heard it before or not, doesn't make it less insulting....

Ask yourself why there is no excuse for what he said....

I don't find calling ANYONE nappy headed funny..... and spare me the strawmans....

Whether they heard it before or not, doesn't make it less insulting....

Ask yourself why there is no excuse for what he said....

As I said it was wrong he said it, but those gurls woulda be laughing and ish wit they buddies had it been at a comedy event.

Of course straight hair is the crème de la crème (so to speak) of the beauty standard when it comes to hair.... all these hair care supply stores in this neighborhood, they are makin BANK (money) off indian & asian hair....

but still, curly hair & nappy hair aren't one in the same, just b/c neither one of them are considered the "best" hair to have.....

to tell someone they have curly hair isn't insulting....

to tell someone they have nappy hair, is.... at the very least, it implies you don't take care of it at all...

Oh really?? You haven't been around folks w/curly hair then. Plenty of them get made fun of for not having straight hair, believe me. No curly hair isn't like nappy hair, but still. It's no cake walk either.

Chris Rock makes black jokes all the time and I see black folks laughing their @ss off so I don't buy that it's so insulting because had Chris Rock or some other black comedian said it, people would've been laughing.

Oh really?? You haven't been around folks w/curly hair then. Plenty of them get made fun of for not having straight hair, believe me. No curly hair isn't like nappy hair, but still. It's no cake walk either.

Chris Rock makes black jokes all the time and I see black folks laughing their @ss off so I don't buy that it's so insulting because had Chris Rock or some other black comedian said it, people would've been laughing.

Exactly and the white people in the crowns be laughing they ass off. I got 3 Chris Rock dvds. Even that Martin Lawerence comdey act on HBO he has all types of people coming on there. Ive seen white ppl on it making jokes about black peeps and they laughing.

I don't see what comedic events/comedy has to do with it, but.....

Ok, so because black people would be laughin their a**es off if a black comedian said it, makes the comment less racist....

Is that really y'alls defense?

That's almost like sayin, people can't be racist against their own people.....

What makes a comment racist to you two then?

The hair comments was what set them off and the fact a white guy said it. You brought up slavery, which has nothing to do with today.

Those chicks dont work on plantations, nor did they get shipped over here, nor did they get whipped.

What defense? Im not defending anyone here.

Being racist to your own kind happens all the time, but the fact if the same race says it to one another its not a problem.

I don't see what comedic events/comedy has to do with it, but.....

Ok, so because black people would be laughin their a**es off if a black comedian said it, makes the comment less racist....

Is that really y'alls defense?

That's almost like sayin, people can't be racist against their own people.....

What makes a comment racist to you two then?

As I said before, I didn't think the comment was racist, but funny as hell. I still chuckle even when I think about it. lol

I mean come on... How could anyone take Don Imus of all people seriously? LOL

The hair comments was what set them off and the fact a white guy said it. You brought up slavery, which has nothing to do with today.

Those chicks dont work on plantations, nor did they get shipped over here, nor did they get whipped.

What defense? Im not defending anyone here.

Being racist to your own kind happens all the time, but the fact if the same race says it to one another its not a problem.

I'm not talking about defending Imus... defense, in the sense of your rebuttal to me, is what I'm referring to....

Furthermore, we don't have to be in a slave era for somethin to be considered racist towards black ppl today.... Just b/c I bring up the word slavery doesn't have to mean I'm referring to each & every facet of it.... who said anything about plantations.... I was simply giving a very brief history as to where that whole nappy headed stigma/insult came from.....

I still think it was the connotation (moreso than the simple mention of their hair) that set those particular girls off, and everyone else who felt the comment was insensitive.... I highly doubt the man used the word nappy by accident.....

again fam, what makes a comment, racist then?

I'm not talking about defending Imus... defense, in the sense of your rebuttal to me, is what I'm referring to....

Furthermore, we don't have to be in a slave era for somethin to be considered racist towards black ppl today.... Just b/c I bring up the word slavery doesn't have to mean I'm referring to each & every facet of it.... who said anything about plantations.... I was simply giving a very brief history as to where that whole nappy headed stigma/insult came from.....

I still think it was the connotation (moreso than the simple mention of their hair) that set those particular girls off, and everyone else who felt the comment was insensitive.... I highly doubt the man used the word nappy by accident.....

again fam, what makes a comment, racist then?

I think it comes down to the individual. Now that incident where that politican yelled out "You lie" to Obama was clearly racist. The nappy headed comment I didn't find racist at all. I think quite frankly he was trying to be cute and talk like he was from the "hood" or whatever and he went to far with it, trying to be funny.

^^ How does "you lie" seem more racist than calling black women "nappy-headed hoes?" Honestly I wanna hear it.

Also, like I said, say what you will about Al Sharpton, he was right when he said this.

--

Now, first of all the whole Imus talk is thanks to R68's ingenious comparison between him and Jon Stewart, which was dumb and is still dumb. Saying Imus is only a joke doesn't make him less of a racist.

And it wasn't like Imus was being paid to make people laugh. When Chris Rock says a comment like that, people know they're gonna hear that. It's racist but it's real funny too. Don Imus is talking about a basketball game and he out of the blue calls them that? There's a thin line between angry racism and humor and he broke that nicely.

And I'm gonna go out here and say it: there's a difference between a white man making a racist comment towards black people and a black man making the same comment. There just is and that's fact. Big portion of my family is Sicilian (in fact we're Sicilian-African) and let me tell you, an Italian joking about an Italian is a lot different than a German laughing about an Italian. In the 1900s, the pay chart went White, Colored, Italian. Believe it or not that was the labor scale -- so when you have a race that has historically put down another race, it's not too cool for that race to laugh at the race they put down. So what's my German-Italian analogy relate to? Unsurprisingly, white-black. I'm not saying that black people aren't allowed to make fun of white people or white people can't make fun of black people -- it's racist either way, but there's a difference going one way, and you can't deny that. Screwing a race over for generations makes that difference exist, and the fact that racism is still a problem in the south and other places makes that difference worsen.

For starters the tone and the situation make a clear difference. To yell out you lie to the president like that was clearly inappropriate and certainly had a racial overtone to it. Almost as if he was that lieing Muslim. Don Imus.... Like I said, how can anyone take him seriously??? You said it yourself. There are different "standards" because of past history which is BS. It was considered racist solely because Imus is white as if whites can't make jokes about blacks.

As far as the German/Italian comparison, you and I know that the Germans have always seen themselves as better for a number of reasons, but nice comparison nonetheless, but then again they see themselves as better than most Europeans, especially Southern Europeans (i.e. Spaniards, Italians, Greeks, Portuguese, etc.) and Eastern Europeans. The only folks they may see themselves on par with are the English and they share a long history with them. They also share a lot with Scandinavians but they even see themselves as better than them (i.e. Danes, Norwegians, Swedes, Fins, etc.)

Archived