Where are the 1995 Novas being scrAp'd?!

MiXxDiDdY

"Anyone have any idea where the 95-96 Novas go once they get replaced?! Cause about an hour ago i saw two of them going down Lyons Ave, in the. direction opposite of the Hilton garage. My guess is that they're gettin nixed. But where do these replaced buses go?!"

Cool thanks! Im glad to hear they dont go straight to scrap though, cause a lot of these Nova A's (at least the ones in hilton/orange) still seem to be in useable shape. its still hard for me to even grasp the fact that those buses are 16 years old.

Orange has also been getting some of Hiltons 2600's series. 2656, 2664, 2666, 2679 & 2757 r up at orange as of now. The driver who works outta orange said they don't expect to get them raggedy buses anytime soon which is a relief for me since I don't have to ride em anytime soon.

Yes when I said raggedy I was referring to the Nabi's bc they are built very poorly & the Nabi company builts them too fast from what I hear. The interior on dat bus is just terrible. That's y when I get around I always make sure I take either a NOVA, MCI or the Suburban Nabi's which I don't mind sometimes bc I have to take 108 to work in the city.

"Hmm, really?! I love the NABI's. I think my only problem with them so far isn't with the way they're built (although I wouldn't exactly know, since I'm not a B.O.), but little technical issues. Like a lot of the suburban NABI's already experience broken "Stop" buttons, messed up destination signs, malfunctioned fare boxes (must've gotten at least 5 free trips on a NABI due to broken fare boxes) and broken back doors. Haven't encountered any real problems on the NABI transits yet though.

I think Nova's aged the best out of all of NJT's bus fleet. To think that the Flxible Metro D's are just a year apart from the Nova A's is crazy. By comparing those two buses you'd think they were at least 8 years apart. lol"

The Nabi transits are also having their trouble. The one's from Big Tree are always acting up, the destination signs are having trouble, & they are always breaking down either the wheel chair or the fare boxes don't work. Those Nabi's won't last for than 10 years the most. One of the worst purchase's transit could have made. I hate everything about them.

"Big Tree has the 5700's, right?! Or 5600's?! But yea I believe you since the 2 year old suburbans are already messin up. Sad, though, cause I really like NABI's (the look, the way it runs so quietly, and the interior) but I agree that they were built way too fast..B) "

• 2 weeks later...

sure does. my friend who works outta big tree garage says he's miserable driving the nabi's on the 76 & 78 especially since they can't shut off the lights like they could with their 3700's. but he says he has no other choice bc he refuses to work the ghetto 13 & drive the artic neoplans.

Today I saw a large group of 1995-96 Novas sitting outside the Ironbound garage, down the street from NIMCO, with all the decals removed and blacked over....So its only a matter of time.
Well i am glad to here that coming all the way to house waiting for me to shout "HALLELUJAH" in public.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Any bus numbers ?

i have a picture of some of the NOVAs sittin idle in a lot near the Newark DMV. when i worked at the airport bein on the 62 or go28 i used to see them and they are from Hilton, the numbers were still on the roof of them.

I REALLY HATE THE NABIs.... no room, the inside of them leak, the handlebars on the go28 buses are startin to lose screws and fall apart. these buses wont last 4 years...

Any bus numbers ?

i have a picture of some of the NOVAs sittin idle in a lot near the Newark DMV. when i worked at the airport bein on the 62 or go28 i used to see them and they are from Hilton, the numbers were still on the roof of them.

I REALLY HATE THE NABIs.... no room, the inside of them leak, the handlebars on the go28 buses are startin to lose screws and fall apart. these buses wont last 4 years...

wow i see some issues with them to but nothing like that

wow i see some issues with them to but nothing like that

Archived