New Security Cameras on the SBS Bx12

chrisliz09

i was on the SBS 12 today and saw a new camera, it is only one camera but it cam turn 360% and its in the middle of the bus. i guess they are starting too put them on the buses now i dont know if they have them on the other SBS M15 but this is great for security on the buses. what do you think about having security cams on buses and how safe would that make them now.

Agreed with Joel.

Its gonna sit there and record everything..

When the NYPD takes a look at it, they will have the popcorn and coke ready to review it..

BTW whats the bus number?

Cameras do not prevent crime, they possibly show what occurred and maybe who was involved. The use of cameras is going back to the older "reactive" method of policing as opposed to the "pro active" style which is to prevent crime from occuring. It won't stop anything, just silently record it, if the camera is actually working. :(

i was on the SBS 12 today and saw a new camera, it is only one camera but it cam turn 360% and its in the middle of the bus. i guess they are starting too put them on the buses now i dont know if they have them on the other SBS M15 but this is great for security on the buses. what do you think about having security cams on buses and how safe would that make them now.

yes, they have cameras on a couple of the SBS M15's. but its not just 1 360 degree camera. its 1 over the driver, 1 over each of the doors, and 1 forward facing traffic lane enforcement camera...i'll see if i can get the bus ###'s

Of all the cameras, I think the "traffic lane enforcement camera" is the most useful.

On a similar note, the NGs at Flatbush have [i guess] similar type cameras. I'm hoping it somewhat cuts down on the wreckless driving in front of the buses. Just this week some idiot tried [and did] cut off a bus on a two way street because the car driver couldn't wait a few more seconds for the bus to depart from it's stop. That driver is lucky the bus let the car 'skip him' or that car might've hit another car in the other direction head on.

Archived