CP/ECH/LGA Swaps

T J Trainman

It has been brought to my attention, that the MTA Bus LGA depot will be recieving the Q-19, Q-38, and the Q-66 for either the fall OR winter pick. The MTA Bus CP depot in return WILL be getting the QM-12, QM-24, and the QM-25 in return. I just dont understand why this has to be done? Please understand this as always is subject to change. Thanks for taking the time to read this.:confused:

I agree, if anything LGA should be getting the express bus routes since CP still has the CNG facility [which is mostly for local bus service]. It makes no sense to 'cut' more local service. The only reason would be to lighten CP's load and maybe let some other depots take on the 'displaced' CNG buses? :shurgs:

This is what I think would make sense: CP sends more cng O5s to SC, SC sends LGA the hybrids for local service [though to cover all those lines, SC's fleet won't be enough, they'll need more buses from elsewhere - WF maybe?]. CP obviously getting the D4500s from LGA for the express service. - Just my guess.

I agree, if anything LGA should be getting the express bus routes since CP still has the CNG facility [which is mostly for local bus service]. It makes no sense to 'cut' more local service. The only reason would be to lighten CP's load and maybe let some other depots take on the 'displaced' CNG buses? :shurgs:

This is what I think would make sense: CP sends more cng O5s to SC, SC sends LGA the hybrids for local service [though to cover all those lines, SC's fleet won't be enough, they'll need more buses from elsewhere - WF maybe?]. CP obviously getting the D4500s from LGA for the express service. - Just my guess.

Where these buses are coming from for LGA service is the question. SC and WF definitely sound like the only options!

It has been brought to my attention, that the MTA Bus LGA depot will be recieving the Q-19, Q-38, and the Q-66 for either the fall OR winter pick. The MTA Bus CP depot in return WILL be getting the QM-12, QM-24, and the QM-25 in return. I just dont understand why this has to be done? Please understand this as always is subject to change. Thanks for taking the time to read this.:confused:

Ha, I remember this was said sometime last fall/winter.....

Like I keep saying, lets wait and see....

Considering that some of those assignments are where the routes originally were; it is strange that they would just be switching them back and forth like this. I thought some of the earlier changes were supposed to be more efficient (routes closer to the depot, etc).

Well some or if not half of the Q50 is at my depot now, i line trained on that route about a week ago with the RTS. There is rumors that Q50 will all come to EASTCHESTER.

LGA's going to hell in a handbasket

Going? LaGuardia is already in hell. The question is will it recover like Yukon a few years ago? Now THAT'S the question.

Well some or if not half of the Q50 is at my depot now, i line trained on that route about a week ago with the RTS. There is rumors that Q50 will all come to EASTCHESTER.

The Q50 is SUPPOSED to become ALL Eastchester soon enough. I think in the Fall pick (Someone please verify).

Going? LaGuardia is already in hell. The question is will it recover like Yukon a few years ago? Now THAT'S the question.

The Q50 is SUPPOSED to become ALL Eastchester soon enough. I think in the Fall pick (Someone please verify).

Well yep Q50 is supposed to become all ECH most likely in the fall pick from what the driver that was training me on the bx23 during line training.If not in the fall by the time winter hits.And hell no LGA is not going to recover, when i was line training for about two weeks before i went to ECH,it was hell the depot falling apart they was about 30 buses dwn smh lol. i was glad i got to repick out that hell hole.

I just dont understand why this has to be done?

Because the MTA is enjoys causing upheavel to the riding public and its workforce on a constant basis. There is no real reason for this swap, there is no real cost savings,nada. The MTA though can do it, just to do it. So don't try to understand stupidity, just understand that at the MTA decisions are made everyday that have no rythme or reason.

Like I said, I think the idea is totally backwards concidering CP has the CNG facility. If anything, they should not have closed the one in LGA. At least then bus swaps would've been very simple among the two depots.

Plus if CP were to be all express buses [among the two depots], that would defeat the point of sending CP the new C40lfs- as in "what local lines would remain there?"

-

Ideally, MTA bus and NYCT could do some route swaps and have CS give CP the Q20a/b and Q44 lines and CP give CS some express routes or whatever local routes.

Archived