Verzion FIOS Question?

Shortline Bus

Has anyone seen this page by any chance?

Unfortunately Cablevision decided to choose the silliest factors they offer to at least keep their nose above water in the telecoms market.

They don't explain how their digital cable is completely compressed and such, now do they? No.

That's just a pure example; but that's how the competition is based.

Unfortunately Cablevision decided to choose the silliest factors they offer to at least keep their nose above water in the telecoms market.

They don't explain how their digital cable is completely compressed and such, now do they? No.

Not to mention during the local weekday morning news shows/middays (Fox 5 or WPIX), it seem every other tv commerical is either Cablevision and

TWC offering 'specials' for new or returning customers.:P

"Crystal clear HD channels", heh. 50 MBPH = 3x than FiOS. 5x faster than phone company high speed internet, lol. TWC, on the other hand, made a claim that they discovered Fiber optics before Verizon FiOS was introduced. Unfortunately, the commercial isn't available, but I have it on my Docs.

Not to mention during the local weekday morning news shows/middays (Fox 5 or WPIX), it seem every other tv commerical is either Cablevision and

TWC offering 'specials' for new or returning customers.:P

It's the same for Spanish network Univision. Commercials I can think of: Ultimate Triple Play, Optimum vs Satellite, Time Warner Cable VS FiOS/Satellite, and some random TWC exclusive offers. That only happens during weekdays.

TWC, on the other hand, made a claim that they discovered Fiber optics before Verizon FiOS was introduced.

Yeah, and that could be true, but that's because cable operators use a hybrid system - an FTTN (fiber-to-the-node) layout, then converting to coaxial for the last mile stretch to the home.

Those commercials are for advertisements only as they understand not everyone is a techie, ya know?

Yeah, and that could be true, but that's because cable operators use a hybrid system - an FTTN (fiber-to-the-node) layout, then converting to coaxial for the last mile stretch to the home.

Those commercials are for advertisements only as they understand not everyone is a techie, ya know?

Yep, I read that here.

Still, they shouldn't mislead viewers with lies. We're entitled to gain quality service from our money if possible. Of course, greedy Cablevision steals our money for sh*tty service, yet they make claims that they're "better". :tdown:

Yep, I read that here.

Still, they shouldn't mislead viewers with lies. We're entitled to gain quality service from our money if possible. Of course, greedy Cablevision steals our money for sh*tty service, yet they make claims that they're "better". :tdown:

And as a former Cablevision customer when i lived in Brooklyn, they only 'slightly' improved their service i.e cable tv when Direct TV started to give them a serious challenge.

Yet what not fair is that companies like TWC and CV does not also offer 'discounts' to long time customers. Thus I am about to say adidos to TWC.:eek:

And as a former Cablevision customer when i lived in Brooklyn, they only 'slightly' improved their service i.e cable tv when Direct TV started to give them a serious challenge.

Yet what not fair is that companies like TWC and CV does not also offer 'discounts' to long time customers. Thus I am about to say adidos to TWC.:eek:

If they feel that satellite and FiOS are major threats, they should focus on being themselves instead of lashing them. It's no wonder why both don't criticize cable at all. (I have yet to see that happen...)

I don't know about TWC, but we had Cablevision since April 2001. Since then, we received 2 discounts: one was when my mom moved over to the Optimum Triple Play offer in September 2004 and received a 2-year deal of $90. The most recent one is a 2-year discount of what we currently have, and that expires in October 2012. You just have to scare the representatives in one way or another, and *technically* that's what we did.

Uh, no operator, to my knowledge, offers discounts for long-time service. It's all about costs to them. What if they have thousands of subscribers 50 years from now still with the company in question? There service at that point may just be free, lol. It's still all about the costs.

Cablevision needs to focus on their customer service, and operations (e.g. reliability, etc.) overall.

Archived