Q58 Signage/Signage in General

I've noticed that on Fresh Pond's NGs, Flushing-bound Q58s read "Flushing / Main St" instead of the traditional "Flushing / Main St Sta." The only thing I inferred was that since the Q58 terminates on 41/Main, which is like 5 blocks from the actual station, it makes sense not to put the sta....

Which brings me to my question - How are destination signages determined? personally, I would've kept the "sta" for uniformity purposes.

Some buses I've seen on the Q58 (or was it the LTD) say S58.

There's still one bus in the pond that has that signage. I don't know the actual number though :) (though it is a Hybrid OG in the 6500's).

What I don't get about the Q58 signage is that It doesn't tell you what streets its going via like other bus routes. The signs just say

EK1.png

What they should say is something like this:

EL-EL.gif

Just a little example I made.

There's still one bus in the pond that has that signage.

Only ONE bus??? I've seen that sign multiple times! They were all O7 OG's with orange signs.

As for the streets, the MTA leaves off the streets on complex routes.

There's still one bus in the pond that has that signage. I don't know the actual number though :) (though it is a Hybrid OG in the 6500's).

100_5638.jpg

There's your answer.

What I don't get about the Q58 signage is that It doesn't tell you what streets its going via like other bus routes. The signs just say

EK1.png

What they should say is something like this:

EL-EL.gif

Just a little example I made.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the reason for that is it doesn't have a main street that it stays on for a definite majority of its route. If I'm wrong, though, correct me.

Archived