What happened to the Artics in the other 3 boroughs?

Acela Express

I have rode different systems with the same models as NYCT you can see a lot. That one of the reason I think MCI are a waste of money in NYC and are not really made to handle NYC. 60FT would do perfect and fit the same amout of people so really where is the problem.

true but those express riders BITCH HARD AND LOUD!!! It would be unwise to piss em off with a bus that isn't luxury like an MCI. Yes MCI's make no sense in NYC but then again like an MTA LIRR conductor told me quote " If it makes sense they won't do it"!!!!! literally those were the exact words she told me no lie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
true but those express riders BITCH HARD AND LOUD!!! It would be unwise to piss em off with a bus that isn't luxury like an MCI. Yes MCI's make no sense in NYC but then again like an MTA LIRR conductor told me quote " If it makes sense they won't do it"!!!!! literally those were the exact words she told me no lie

Then wonder why the MTA is broke u can't have your cake and eat it to.

I can believe there'd be a fair amount of anger from them but in all seriousness it would hardly be the first time they pissed off part of their ridership base nor their most inflammatory decision. In other words, sensitivity to their clientele is a great excuse for them to trot out but nothing more, and I'd like for once for (MTA)'s PR strategy of sticking their fingers in their ears and humming loudly to do some good.

false

Yeah I don't get that either....use the V's for the busy or busier routes and use the LF's for the less busier routes!

The same problem lies with Castleton Depot as all they run for the majority of the day are NG and LFS as opposed to O5s, whereas Yukon tends to use their O5s more than their NGs. I see more O5s on the S79 as opposed to the S53 yet the S53 is SI's busiest route with the S79 coming in at a very close second!

There is one problem with all of this, high floors bottom out almost as bad as low floors. The 6000 series bottom out worse than the LFs because of their shoddy suspension. The 600s were better than the 6000s when it came to durability imo, except now, they, along with the higher 9900 series V CNGs can't take bumps for shit anymore.

When it comes down to the LFS artics and the XD60s, they wont bottom out as much at all because they have more support in terms of suspension, durability and build quality. Though when it comes to bottoming out, the LFSs 40fters have it the worst which is why they rarely ever run on the S66. When they go uphill, the front end hits the pavement, thats one of the main definitions of bottoming out, not just the rear.

I have rode different systems with the same models as NYCT you can see a lot. That one of the reason I think MCI are a waste of money in NYC and are not really made to handle NYC. 60FT would do perfect and fit the same amout of people so really where is the problem.

Essentially, to run artics on an express route here in NYC is almost a waste of time & $$ because it would be worse looking at empty artics than to see empty MCIs that people bitch about. Now if we had routes that were something like NJT's setups and lengths, then sure, add them mofuggers to the express fleet, the only routes we have that are articulated suitable are the x1, x17A/C/J, x22, x30, x31, QM2, QM2A, QM5 and QM6. The BMs, BxMs, and the other x and QMs dont carry out as much people as these routes do so you might as well keep the fleet as a uniformed MCI fleet.

Archived