What Is Your Favorite New Jersey Transit Bus Route?

1 - Mainly for the Route 1&9 portion and when the All Jersey Cinemas was open (#1 movie theater choice)

Go28 - Quite the interesting route TBH. Glad the connection of Bloomfield Avenue and Newark Airport was made

34 - Use to ride this route all the time back to Newark Penn Station after visiting family. The split routes are interesting too

40 - Love this route when the Flxies were on it, now not so much with the NABIs

41 - Nice route via Park Avenue, especially through the park

43 - Awesome route and the times it runs makes it even better

62 - Will always be my route to Newark Airport, no matter what

81 - Mainly for the expresses, epic little run down the Holland Tunnel Extenstion of the Turnpike. One time I rode a Flxible Metro-B, Metro-D and a NABI in one day on express trips.

83 - Can't beat running along Route 1&9 on those Nova As

111 - Pretty good route for a quick run down the turnpike with an MCI

129 - I like all the turns in Secaucus

(Next three routes are mainly to ride the suburban Neoplan articulated, would like to operate those bad boys one day)

156, 158, 159 - mainly like to ride the River Road routes. Can't stand the Bergenline Avenue portions of the 156 and 159 too much

(Next are mainly for the MCIs down Blvd East)

165, 166, 168, 128 - Jake brake galore!

194 and 324 - Epic highway run from Wayne/Willowbrook

813 - Decent ridership during peak hours. A nice haul ass route when it's empty

818 - Rode this bus from New Brunswick to get to Route 9 a few times and have gotten some good rides

(Haven't done South Jersey too much to really have favorites yet)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my favorite routes in njt to be honest are the 1 same reason as pablo's 2 good distance with them RTS's 6 for having alot of twists and turns 80-89 ridden them alot especial when i was in high school 125 same and when they have the RTS's on it sometimes on JFK no stopping it lol 159 for neoplan riding and gives you back change the 154 for Neoplan Nabi and MCI action

I like the 139 from Lakewood - NY: Love riding the MCIs long..very comfortable.

In my local area: I like riding the 413 from Camden to Cherry Hill Mall- My last four trips on it have always been an NABI(5584,5577 and 5570) Love the NABIs when they are speeding along Route 38.

My least favorite is the 403 from Lindenwold- Camden: it is very slow and very busy- you stop at just about every stop along the way. I think since service was cutback to Camden, the on time performance is even worse.

Mine are the

(NJT) 1 Ivy Hill-Jersey City. Never took it but I like the way it runs

(NJT) 62 WCM-Newark Airport. Rode my first and last Flxible on that route.

(NJT) 67 Old Bridge- Newark. Good way to get to the PATH

(NJT) 107 South Orange-New York. Cuz of the NABIs

(NJT) 108 Newark-New York. Same as before, like the connection to Union City

(NJT) 114 Union-New York. Nice quick ride with them D4000s

(NJT) 116 Perth Amboy-New York. 1st NJT route I ever rode.

(NJT) 125 Journal Square-New York. Its a pretty good route. Not the best pax. from what I've heard.

(NJT) 135 Cheesequake-New York. Love how its around the corner from my house.

(NJT) 139 Old Bridge-New York. Good nonstop ride from Old Bridge P/R to PABT

I like the 139 from Lakewood - NY: Love riding the MCIs long..very comfortable.

In my local area: I like riding the 413 from Camden to Cherry Hill Mall- My last four trips on it have always been an NABI(5584,5577 and 5570) Love the NABIs when they are speeding along Route 38.

My least favorite is the 403 from Lindenwold- Camden: it is very slow and very busy- you stop at just about every stop along the way. I think since service was cutback to Camden, the on time performance is even worse.

It was no better when it was running to philly either. They just need to run buses more frequent. 30min headways on the 403 aint gona cut it....

1 - Mainly for the Route 1&9 portion and when the All Jersey Cinemas was open (#1 movie theater choice)

Go28 - Quite the interesting route TBH. Glad the connection of Bloomfield Avenue and Newark Airport was made

34 - Use to ride this route all the time back to Newark Penn Station after visiting family. The split routes are interesting too

40 - Love this route when the Flxies were on it, now not so much with the NABIs

41 - Nice route via Park Avenue, especially through the park

43 - Awesome route and the times it runs makes it even better

62 - Will always be my route to Newark Airport, no matter what

81 - Mainly for the expresses, epic little run down the Holland Tunnel Extenstion of the Turnpike. One time I rode a Flxible Metro-B, Metro-D and a NABI in one day on express trips.

83 - Can't beat running along Route 1&9 on those Nova As

111 - Pretty good route for a quick run down the turnpike with an MCI

129 - I like all the turns in Secaucus

(Next three routes are mainly to ride the suburban Neoplan articulated, would like to operate those bad boys one day)

156, 158, 159 - mainly like to ride the River Road routes. Can't stand the Bergenline Avenue portions of the 156 and 159 too much

(Next are mainly for the MCIs down Blvd East)

165, 166, 168, 128 - Jake brake galore!

194 and 324 - Epic highway run from Wayne/Willowbrook

813 - Decent ridership during peak hours. A nice haul ass route when it's empty

818 - Rode this bus from New Brunswick to get to Route 9 a few times and have gotten some good rides

(Haven't done South Jersey too much to really have favorites yet)

I'm tell you, go on the 188 sometime during the night time. It's a nice quiet ride. Fast too, yet the B/O sometimes have to slow it down cuz they put too much time on that route, IMO.

I'm tell you, go on the 188 sometime during the night time. It's a nice quiet ride. Fast too, yet the B/O sometimes have to slow it down cuz they put too much time on that route, IMO.

Hmm....I'll have to check it out on my next ventures. It always eludes me whenever I'm around the 158.

Right, but as Q 101 E Midtown said, that's no more.

ALSO, before this schedule change in May, the one before R&T had taken out the expresses via JFK Blvd IIRC. I have to see if I still have a copy of that schedule, but I think I remember seeing those gone or they cut down to like 2 or 3, compared to like 4 or 5.

I know NJT #125 has spaced headways and that PATH is, in a sense, less expensive, but if the #125 is cancelled, wouldn't that force riders to use the #88 to reach PATH or to use Red And Tan on Central or the #123 on Palisade to reach PABT?

yup and 125 is next on the hit list

I know NJT #125 has spaced headways and that PATH is, in a sense, less expensive, but if the #125 is cancelled, wouldn't that force riders to use the #88 to reach PATH or to use Red And Tan on Central or the #123 on Palisade to reach PABT?

The problem is that ridership is low in and out of the PABT for the 125. Most of the 125's ridership is intrastate, not interstate. People use it as an alternative to the 88, at least to get in and out of Union City.

One of the 88's main problem is that it gets plagued by the traffic on JFK Blvd between 32nd Street and towards North Bergen. Maybe SJP can fill in a little more with the 88's problems.

The problem is that ridership is low in and out of the PABT for the 125. Most of the 125's ridership is intrastate, not interstate. People use it as an alternative to the 88, at least to get in and out of Union City.

One of the 88's main problem is that it gets plagued by the traffic on JFK Blvd between 32nd Street and towards North Bergen. Maybe SJP can fill in a little more with the 88's problems.

The 88 was so bad I had to take it off my extension list and use another line to fill in some of the regional gaps.

The reason why I wanted 88 to become a regional line was to reduce traffic on JFK blvd cause in a sense most of the traffic is ppl travelling into and from hudson county so by adjusting the bus route to do just that maybe the traffic will decrease as a result of new ridership from the convenience of the new route. Do you think a busway/bus lane would work on JFK blvd???

ridership on 125 is so low it would barely leave a dent in the 88 or 123 let those other buses get that ridership. The red and tan will gladly have those riders. Allow ridership to increase on other lines. The 125 is useless it is 100% duplicate!!! other buses go to union city from NYC frequently!!!! 88 is frequent and no one uses 125 to get to JFK from NYC or even union city part to even justify continuing the 125 I'd rather enhance 43 than keep the 125 around

Archived