What Is Your Favorite New Jersey Transit Bus Route?

Who the hell are you to tell NJT to eliminate a route?

So you think the 125 is just running for the hell of it?

actually in my final part I backed off of that cause of other rtes and the 125's abilities I did suggest an enhancement to the 316 and other rtes and new regionals for NWNJ and central NJ that are better than the MCAT shuttles I mentioned in 2010 I told NJT about the MCAT shuttles weaknesses yet they added a new one called M6. calm down lets get back on page here

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little history. Before New Jersey Transit, there was the North Boulevard Transportation Company/Red And Tan. North Boulevard/R And T was based at 437 Tonnele Avenue near Manhattan Avenue.

Maybe someone can fill in how New Jersey Transit acquired the former North Boulevard Transportation Company. But back in the day:

The #2 was the #2;

The #88 was the #1;

The #123 was the #3;

I'm not sure which route number corresponds to the #4 (In North Boulevard/R And T days, this route ran, like, 60th Street and Bergenline Avenue to the George Washington Bridge Bus Trerminal)

The #125 was the #5

and I'm also not sure which route number corresponds to the #6 (a Secaucus-PABT route).

In turn, South Boulevard IBOA/Drogin, which operated the #10 and old #55, #99 and #99S was acquired by Coach U.S.A. and became part of the Red And Tan In Hudson County.

Most likely because of the length, Journal Square has always been the natural dividing point - North Boulevard provided service on the north Boulevard from Journal Square to Nungesser's via the #1, with the #2 providing service as far as Manhattan Avenue and the #5 as far as 30th and 31st Streets. South Boulevard provided the service on the south Boulevard from Journal Square to West 3d Street via the #10.

Interesting, true, story: The 99S had the S because at its' peak as a route, it ran from PABT, through Jersey City and Bayonne, via the Bayonne Bridge, through Staten Island and back into New Jersey via the Outerbridge Crossing, through Perth Amboy and to a place (I, unfortunately, forget the name), that, I believe, was a popular Summer town. Gradually, the 99S was cut back over the years, but kept its' S.

IIRC, the old #55 was a Bayonne-Newark route.

OIC so there is demand for a service there. thanks. I did take a bayonne rte and try to restore that service via extension of the 81 line.

It's a shame that there were no stops in Staten Island. It would've made a great Jersey City-Staten Island-Perth Amboy connection. A stop at, say CSI, and/or Arthur Kill Road/West Shore Expressway would've generated a lot of riders.

My plan includes a route that does just that BUT it goes beyond perth amboy absorbing an 800 series route in the process those stops at SI were also on my mind looks like I have support for my ideas.:tup:

I have a plan. It's to stop listening to people with plans that sounds more weird than crazy than Bush getting some bush. Give it a rest.

I actually got rid of the crazy parts calm down I am not into flame wars I am interested in how to fill in service gaps and unmet needs. Also my methods are conservative I never made any full NJT suggestions yet cause I haven't fanned all the rtes yet. When I do it would be complete and more dynamic. I don't have extreme plans that make no sense cause all of them are based on ridership data and experience on the routes themselves. And the traffic patterns on the highways. I am just trying to mend the system into more compatibility with the ppl's travel habits and make transit more practical especially along the GSP corridor from monmouth to bergen and places in between. There are many possibilities and many 800 series routes with some exceptions just aren't popular in their current forms however I see potential in them. Can we get back to the topic and stop slamming the unknown

Amen to that my brotha....its annoying reading stupid ass plans that makes no sense whatsoever!

I made no plan so what are you referring to stupid ass if you don't even know what it is seriously stop cause the more you do that the more foolish you will look when it is revealed to make sense. You can't judge cause I didn't reveal the info for you to know if it's stupid or not now can we get back to being non flammers now.

I made no plan so what are you referring to stupid ass if you don't even know what it is seriously stop cause the more you do that the more foolish you will look when it is revealed to make sense. You can't judge cause I didn't reveal the info for you to know if it's stupid or not now can we get back to being non flammers now.

Um, bro, lets take a chill pill. Just stop the plans talking and stick to the topic. Please. PLEASE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

We Kinda Prefer it if you like well maybe NEVER MENTION IT AGAIN PERHAPS?!?!?!?!

Since when do we have policies restricting what people can post? Going off-topic isn't allowed, but there's always a way to split topics if necessary!

QJ: Please use proper grammar. It may help calm stuff down a little.

Since when do we have policies restricting what people can post? Going off-topic isn't allowed, but there's always a way to split topics if necessary!

Amtrak what are you ...A young Bill O Reilly or something...Shut up your not helping

Between you and this A hole transitmasterchef you both ain't helping and when I ask a question quartermasschef watch how you answer me back.....what was that...WRONG...judges RIGHT

Amtrak what are you ...A young Bill O Reilly or something...Shut up your not helping

Between you and this A hole transitmasterchef you both ain't helping and when I ask a question quartermasschef watch how you answer me back.....what was that...WRONG...judges RIGHT

Thank you very much!!!!

First of all use proper grammar. I barely understood you.

Second of all, if the administration intervenes, I'll let them do what they think is best. Personal attacks are explicitly against policy. Post reported.

Any content that is unlawful, harmful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, hateful or distasteful in nature are prohibited.

Continued threats against a member, moderator or administrator will NOT be tolerated.

QJ: Please use proper grammar. It may help calm stuff down a little.

IM sorry dude but this guy keep mentioning his plans in every single bloody threat and post. Its like a dude is saying I HAVE A BABY! when the baby was born 10 years ago. It's ON and ON and ON. And a lot of us is up to HERE with it!

Second of all, if the administration intervenes, I'll let them do what they think is best. Personal attacks are explicitly against policy. Post reported.

Oh great your a jr. Mod wanna be lol can you understand that first of all 7?

Second I don't like you any more then you like me so can you read the FINE print on that

Since when do we have policies restricting what people can post?
The thing is, this guy has been hijacking bus threads with his "plans", and quite frankly, it's really annoying. It's just like the (T) fantasy extensions that somehow ended up in some NYC subway threads. He's allowed to post here, I agree. If he wants to talk about extensions, fine, but it has to make sense somehow.

Since when you turned into a park ranger?

yeah but why should I answer you back cause I don't understand what you are saying. I apologized and ended the war yet all hell breaks loose when I turn my back act ur age ppl. I am not an A hole watch ur mouth and try to stay mature yet I am not screaming yet all of you are already in flame mode you do realize nothing you or anyone says here will hurt my feelings as I am a robot with none I can care less cause I know my limits and strengths I wouldn't even be bragging if I actually got booed but I didn't I am referring to in person.

The thing is, this guy has been hijacking bus threads with his "plans", and quite frankly, it's really annoying. It's just like the (T) fantasy extensions that somehow ended up in some NYC subway threads. He's allowed to post here, I agree. If he wants to talk about extensions, fine, but it has to make sense somehow.

now ur being reasonable. I already mentioned I have no intention of hijacking just squeezing out info to see what I had wrong and correct it. I haven't mentioned a single NJT extension plan yet cause the routes I picked I need to ride them first to see if it's feasable I understand I should make sense that's why I do research to verify. To tell you the truth I admit the first round of ideas on NJT were in fact very bad ideas and were eliminated after getting experience. I am aware stuff that looks good on paper may not do so well in the real world. And some stuff that makes sense in the real world may not look good on paper till implemented. I even gained new ideas from others on here. I guess shortline was right some of my posts really do appear harder than einstein's theory of realativity. I apologize for not being in ur face about it. O and for one I have no subway ideas actually I am more of a regional bus guy not a citybus or train guy.

Archived