What Is Your Favorite New Jersey Transit Bus Route?

IM sorry dude but this guy keep mentioning his plans in every single bloody threat and post. Its like a dude is saying I HAVE A BABY! when the baby was born 10 years ago. It's ON and ON and ON. And a lot of us is up to HERE with it!

I understand I should have stuck to asking questions and getting answers so I don't look dumb

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since when do we have policies restricting what people can post? Going off-topic isn't allowed, but there's always a way to split topics if necessary!

QJ: Please use proper grammar. It may help calm stuff down a little.

I'm on SirJokaPlaya's side on this one, we've had far too many topics killed because of these so-called "plans". I'd rather see some intelligent posts made by knowledgeable folks over posts that are comprised of plans that people know that wont work and eventually drifts the topic to its death by being hijacked and thrown way off course.....

If you think that having some drift a topic off course by introducing plans that wont work, ignoring posts from peeps who know their stuff, repeatedly ask and propose the same shit in every topic & killing off topics is fun and ok, you need some guidance, because that aint fun for the most of us......

I'm on SirJokaPlaya's side on this one, we've had far too many topics killed because of these so-called "plans". I'd rather see some intelligent posts made by knowledgeable folks over posts that are comprised of plans that people know that wont work and eventually drifts the topic to its death by being hijacked and thrown way off course.....

If you think that having some drift a topic off course by introducing plans that wont work, ignoring posts from peeps who know their stuff, repeatedly ask and propose the same shit in every topic & killing off topics is fun and ok, you need some guidance, because that aint fun for the most of us......

Agreed and excellent post.....finally a Mod that agree with the rest of us who is tired of fabricated "plans"!

I understand I should have stuck to asking questions and getting answers so I don't look dumb

The problem is, you don't answer anyone's questions/replies with anything coherent.... Judging by your constant repetitive remarks on here, You don't learn from whatever information people here are giving you... Instead, you're so dead set & hell bent on pushing your "master plans" (which is nothin more than a facade to try to data mine the hell out of us on this forum) upon us...

For as long as you been a member on this forum, you never state what they are - all you do is make a reference to "them"..... That's why I'm highly skeptical of your motive & are calling shenanigans..... There is a central theme to almost all the questions you ask on here.... All someone has to do is look at the nature of your threads in the NJT section alone.

I won't resort to name calling.... I sincerely think you have an ulterior motive in your presence here... I don't think you're here to exchange information & genuinely and inquisitively learn from us.... as much as it is that you wanna take w/e information you get from us, and give off to some secondary or third party for their benefit....

Yeah, grab the towel & start wiping off the sweat....

The act is tired, and I'm calling you out on it QJT....

Let's see which way you wanna take this.... I'd prefer if you prove me wrong, so the constant spoiling of threads with your ill-thought out, misguided ideas would STOP on this forum !

Good idea: let's try to keep him from pulling threads off topic. Creating new topics is fine with me.

The problem is, you don't answer anyone's questions/replies with anything coherent.... Judging by your constant repetitive remarks on here, You don't learn from whatever information people here are giving you... Instead, you're so dead set & hell bent on pushing your "master plans" (which is nothin more than a facade to try to data mine the hell out of us on this forum) upon us...

For as long as you been a member on this forum, you never state what they are - all you do is make a reference to "them"..... That's why I'm highly skeptical of your motive & are calling shenanigans..... There is a central theme to almost all the questions you ask on here.... All someone has to do is look at the nature of your threads in the NJT section alone.

I won't resort to name calling.... I sincerely think you have an ulterior motive in your presence here... I don't think you're here to exchange information & genuinely and inquisitively learn from us.... as much as it is that you wanna take w/e information you get from us, and give off to some secondary or third party for their benefit....

Let's see which way you wanna take this.... I'd prefer if you prove me wrong, so the constant spoiling of threads with your ill-thought out, misguided ideas would STOP on this forum !

There is nothing wrong with data mining, a forum is a place to ask questions. But I do agree that coherency is a problem.

Good idea: let's try to keep him from pulling threads off topic. Creating new topics is fine with me.

A warning should suffice.... It's that bad with this guy....

You can sit there & try to minimize his annoying tactics & play micro-mod in the process if you want...

When you got one of the mods up here agreeing with a member's complaints about another member.... When you have multiple members complaining about that same member, yeah... it's a problem...

There is nothing wrong with data mining, a forum is a place to ask questions. But I do agree that coherency is a problem.

Yeah right kid....

If you're doing it under false pretenses, it most certainly is.

Didn't I already say that I have stopped???? I ask questions to find flaws in my ideas then test em out in the real world and find a solution I am not sweating cause I am like a rock. However ur wrong about my motive I have learned much and I am here to learn about ya ppl also yes I was in contact with a guy at NJT and he could only send me ridership numbers for routes I request. So I came here to learn about the problems about the routes and how certain routes function. I actually have no ill guided ideas as If they were so ill guided I would not be data mining at all. So I have no idea what ur talking about with the STOP of ill guided cause none of that was revealed. I don't take it as an insult cause I am like a rock. If I actually were to spoil threads with ill guided ideas wouldn't you already see how my ideas really work???? So if you want me to prove you wrong I can accomidate however I have multiple options to choose from as a backup if one fails.

A warning should suffice.... It's that bad with this guy....

You can sit there & try to minimize his annoying tactics & play micro-mod in the process if you want...

When you got one of the mods up here agreeing with a member's complaints about another member.... When you have multiple members complaining about that same member, yeah... it's a problem...

Yeah right kid....

If you're doing it under false pretenses, it most certainly is.

what ya mean by false pretenses I really am just one asking questions is that a problem???

Didn't I already say that I have stopped???? I ask questions to find flaws in my ideas then test em out in the real world and find a solution I am not sweating cause I am like a rock. However ur wrong about my motive I have learned much and I am here to learn about ya ppl also yes I was in contact with a guy at NJT and he could only send me ridership numbers for routes I request. So I came here to learn about the problems about the routes and how certain routes function. I actually have no ill guided ideas as If they were so ill guided I would not be data mining at all. So I have no idea what ur talking about with the STOP of ill guided cause none of that was revealed. I don't take it as an insult cause I am like a rock. If I actually were to spoil threads with ill guided ideas wouldn't you already see how my ideas really work???? So if you want me to prove you wrong I can accomidate however I have multiple options to choose from as a backup if one fails.

Then there's no need to illustrate to me how tough you want me to believe you are....

You "say" a lot of things, then continue doin the same shit you were gonna supposedly stop.... Your word is about as worthless as whoever the hell it is you're workin for that's havin you come here & ask all these questions.... You have a nact for asking questions that's beyond the realm of a transit enthusiast.....

Prove me wrong, QJT....Don't talk about doing it.. DO it.... Then after you do that, go run off to one of your other backup options while you're at it... Either way suits me just fine....

what ya mean by false pretenses I really am just one asking questions is that a problem???

yah okay, you're just innocently askin questions... that's what they all say....

Telemarketers innocently asks questions too....

Every thread you post in you hijack it with some crazy plan; you come outta nowhere in alot of these threads asking about ridership data and should this route run more ect ect. I mean you created a silly thread about the Camden network.

You coming in here thinking you can change routes. It aint gona happen. As I said, NJT can only suggest a route; at the end of the day the routing has to be approved by the towns/police. You think these bus routes are running how they are because thats how NJT wants them? No, the town has a say in where these buses are to run. NJT suggested the route, but the town told them "this is where we want the bus". The 402 for ex. the town doesnt want those buses holding up traffic, so NJT did the next best thing by basically cutting midday service and starting/ending some buses in Gibbstown.

You keep saying "my plans" and no one knows what the hell these plans are

Every thread you post in you hijack it with some crazy plan; you come outta nowhere in alot of these threads asking about ridership data and should this route run more ect ect. I mean you created a silly thread about the Camden network.

You coming in here thinking you can change routes. It aint gona happen. As I said, NJT can only suggest a route; at the end of the day the routing has to be approved by the towns/police. You think these bus routes are running how they are because thats how NJT wants them? No, the town has a say in where these buses are to run. NJT suggested the route, but the town told them "this is where we want the bus". The 402 for ex. the town doesnt want those buses holding up traffic, so NJT did the next best thing by basically cutting midday service and starting/ending some buses in Gibbstown.

You keep saying "my plans" and no one knows what the hell these plans are

interesting towns and police determine frequency not NJT?? But the area 402 serves is deserted at the midday hours I have visited the area to know that. So are there restrictions in camden about where buses can run???

What traffic can the 402 hold up if there is little traffic to begin with??? Are you referring to penns grove??? Also on another forum I heard NJ some ppl bashing NJT for the lack of service to delaware.

Is the towns and police why warren county only has buses on rte 57??? Or low profit potential forsought by NJT??? So how would you deal with the towns??? Sorry about not even revealing what those plans are cause I am actually completing them besed on advice here my earlier ideas and the ppl I interact with on the buses in NJ I use

Im not gonig to just blurt out the real reason why the 402 was cut but part of it was due to ridership. It was more to it then just the town and ridership.

I never said anything about frequency, stop tryna change up things up. I said the towns have to approve where the bus runs. NJT cant just run a route. Every single NJT bus route is approved by the towns and any changes the town feels they need to make they will give it to NJT and NJT has to adhear to it or they have to cut part of the route.

Just because a couple people bashed NJT due to the lack to service to Delaware doesnt mean the service was warrented. NJT gave them the 423. What part of no one rode it do you understand? There is no demand to Delaware!; there is no demand to Delaware!; there is no demand to Delaware! No one rode the 423, so NJT cut it and Salem County Transit didnt have to funds to run it on there own. If Salem County Transit was NJT the 468 would have been gone ages ago! The only thing thats keeping the 468 alive is Salem County Transit. NJT wants nothing to do with the 468. All NJT does is supply them with buses. You would be surprised how much traffic is on 49 between Pennvillve and Penns Grove.

If you were so in tune with NJT you would have known the towns/police have to approve the routes.

Now, this thread is about which NJT bus route is your favorite....any questions about NJT routes, I will no longer answer in this thread. If you dont understand what I just said then idk what to tell you.

Im not gonig to just blurt out the real reason why the 402 was cut but part of it was due to ridership. It was more to it then just the town and ridership.

I never said anything about frequency, stop tryna change up things up. I said the towns have to approve where the bus runs. NJT cant just run a route. Every single NJT bus route is approved by the towns and any changes the town feels they need to make they will give it to NJT and NJT has to adhear to it or they have to cut part of the route.

Just because a couple people bashed NJT due to the lack to service to Delaware doesnt mean the service was warrented. NJT gave them the 423. What part of no one rode it do you understand? There is no demand to Delaware!; there is no demand to Delaware!; there is no demand to Delaware! No one rode the 423, so NJT cut it and Salem County Transit didnt have to funds to run it on there own. If Salem County Transit was NJT the 468 would have been gone ages ago! The only thing thats keeping the 468 alive is Salem County Transit. NJT wants nothing to do with the 468. All NJT does is supply them with buses. You would be surprised how much traffic is on 49 between Pennvillve and Penns Grove.

If you were so in tune with NJT you would have known the towns/police have to approve the routes.

Now, this thread is about which NJT bus route is your favorite....any questions about NJT routes, I will no longer answer in this thread. If you dont understand what I just said then idk what to tell you.

I actually do thanks but 423 had only 2 measly round trips it's schedule was incompatible with someone looking to visit delaware so of course no one rode it. It's like running a bus 4 times a day at very inconvenient times then expecting ppl to use it.

Take middlesex for example many ppl commute to and from the city using suburban and NJT trains. The M6 is supposed to be a shuttle and M2 is also supposed to shuttle ppl to and from major bus lines problem the so called shuttles don't start till 8 AM most ppl start work at that time decreasing usability then some shuttles end at 3PM about 4PM completely eliminating their relavance to commuters who live in front of it. PPL get out of work at around 5 PM to 6PM then arrive in the areas at 6 to 7PM how can they possibly use a shuttle that doesn't exist when they need it???? I got on one of the MCAT ones and wasn't surprised to be the only one on it. The reason the schedule didn't mesh with the travel habits of the ppl there hampering ridership. Lack of cross honoring is another factor.

Back to salem the 423 with its 4 round trips and the times they were scheduled were utterly useless to most ppl who live in salem or even south jersey as a matter of fact the route was just plain flawed and it's infrequency contributed to it's low ridership. If you lived in SJ and worked in delaware would the 423 mesh with your schedule???? Will it even be useful??? Can you visit wilmington or new castle without a car??? the answer is NO you can't. Plus salem is to sparse by itself to support a route to wilmington. Cause ppl bound for there aren't only from salem what about gloucester and other areas was it even convenient to reach the 423??? Did it link with 401 and other buses other than 468 and 402?? No it did not ppl aren't going to use a service that is too infrequent to use especially if they have to worry about returning back. I actually tried to use 423 before it got axed it's schedule was too horrid for me to even bother with. However traffic volumes to DE from SJ constantly changes. Plus the travel patterns tend to split to newark and wilmington and other parts. Plus there is intercity bus and rail service in wilmington that's closer to SJ however it's good only for southbound travellers in a sense. However I think 423 should have been combined with 468. I guess NJT hates rural in general.

I actually do thanks but 423 had only 2 measly round trips it's schedule was incompatible with someone looking to visit delaware so of course no one rode it. It's like running a bus 4 times a day at very inconvenient times then expecting ppl to use it.

Take middlesex for example many ppl commute to and from the city using suburban and NJT trains. The M6 is supposed to be a shuttle and M2 is also supposed to shuttle ppl to and from major bus lines problem the so called shuttles don't start till 8 AM most ppl start work at that time decreasing usability then some shuttles end at 3PM about 4PM completely eliminating their relavance to commuters who live in front of it. PPL get out of work at around 5 PM to 6PM then arrive in the areas at 6 to 7PM how can they possibly use a shuttle that doesn't exist when they need it???? I got on one of the MCAT ones and wasn't surprised to be the only one on it. The reason the schedule didn't mesh with the travel habits of the ppl there hampering ridership. Lack of cross honoring is another factor.

Back to salem the 423 with its 4 round trips and the times they were scheduled were utterly useless to most ppl who live in salem or even south jersey as a matter of fact the route was just plain flawed and it's infrequency contributed to it's low ridership. If you lived in SJ and worked in delaware would the 423 mesh with your schedule???? Will it even be useful??? Can you visit wilmington or new castle without a car??? the answer is NO you can't. Plus salem is to sparse by itself to support a route to wilmington. Cause ppl bound for there aren't only from salem what about gloucester and other areas was it even convenient to reach the 423??? Did it link with 401 and other buses other than 468 and 402?? No it did not ppl aren't going to use a service that is too infrequent to use especially if they have to worry about returning back. I actually tried to use 423 before it got axed it's schedule was too horrid for me to even bother with. However traffic volumes to DE from SJ constantly changes. Plus the travel patterns tend to split to newark and wilmington and other parts. Plus there is intercity bus and rail service in wilmington that's closer to SJ however it's good only for southbound travellers in a sense. However I think 423 should have been combined with 468. I guess NJT hates rural in general.

When it was there no one rode it because there was no demand. NJT already knew most people in that area have cars and can drive to Delaware. There will come a day when the 402 is completely gone from Pennsville and its coming sooner then you think, so give it a rest.

When it was there no one rode it because there was no demand. NJT already knew most people in that area have cars and can drive to Delaware. There will come a day when the 402 is completely gone from Pennsville and its coming sooner then you think, so give it a rest.

I am not even surprised as the bus empties out by pureland area. Plus It should at least get rerouted away from pennsville to that casino at chester,PA as a way to shorten the rte then let DARTfirst state have the 468 and the rest of salem county.

I am not even surprised as the bus empties out by pureland area. Plus It should at least get rerouted away from pennsville to that casino at chester,PA as a way to shorten the rte then let DARTfirst state have the 468 and the rest of salem county.

DART into NJ? Now your just going crazy......

What is with you and this damn casino?

DART into NJ? Now your just going crazy......

What is with you and this damn casino?

the concept seems crazy however it's a route by route basis looking at the map alone may make the idea look retarted however few rtes however are compatible with salem in a limited scale. I think the demand response service in salem should be monitored for

travel habits to get an idea what can and can't be done. You know that in order for 401 to match 468's service frequency the 401 only needs 6 additional round trips. Rather than run 13 round trips on 468 the 401 can gain 6 additional trips and 468 can be killed. Also DH time on 401 will get slashed. Same for 402 DH time due to proximity to garage. In addition DART can have select trips run into salem replacing a part of the 468 to allow 401 to stay put in salem rather than absorb 468 entirely.

The only fact to that is because there isnt a direct bus in Gloucester County and dont have a local long distant route to Atlantic City.

The only way they would go for that is if that bus ran straight to there via 322.

EXACTLY!!!! that is what I am thinking as well finally we are on the same page.

Are ya on the same page? Really? Hell just froze over? Taxes are gone? Everyone is singing jingle bells and......or am I dreaming?

ur not dreaming 553 figured it out and that part I agree with the concept of the line made no sense but if down 322 then they won't have it that part I fully agree with. We are finally on the same page to tell ya the truth I revised my ideas to be more practical and I confirmed some parts are good and others aren't. Ur not dreaming you simply figured out what I was saying all along. yes some rtes I tried to turn to merge were not compatible with NJT at all. In some rare cases certain lines were better off merging with LANTA in the NW warren county area after I remembered the ppl fight hard for their 890/891 even NJT board members were cheering them on. I figured out some places can't be helped simply by extension but adjustments need to be made to make routes feasable. Sussex is better off with intercity service from coachusa to an extent. Lets just say there is NO way I would recommend a DE to NJ route out of the blue without it serving major trip generators or corridors. There is no way I would even entertain a new salem local restoration of 423 cause it was stupid and not usable in addition to low ridership. I already mentioned I know more than I let on. I also look at surrounding lines to figure out what can be put around it.

Archived