The new PA CIS/Info Display boards

chrisliz09

this is for the info giving by the new PA CIS not the arrival times, i was on the trains this weekend and i love the new info boards and announcements they told me about all that was going on in the system. so how do you like the system when it comes too GOs and changes in service? does it help is it working for you

this is for the info giving by the new PA CIS not the arrival times, i was on the trains this weekend and i love the new info boards and announcements they told me about all that was going on in the system. so how do you like the system when it comes too GOs and changes in service? does it help is it working for you

They're good to have since they are informative, but I wonder if people pay attention to it during GO's.

They're good to have since they are informative, but I wonder if people pay attention to it during GO's.
you got me because i do hear it alot but it does seem most people dont want too or just cant get that its helping them. i dont get it but some people i see do take the info

I guess nobody reads the GO posters, because as I was reading one at Pacific St, somebody came up to me and asked if this was the Manhattan-bound platform. I guess they assume only the well-versed read them? And that also shows that nobody reads the signs, either!

I guess nobody reads the GO posters, because as I was reading one at Pacific St, somebody came up to me and asked if this was the Manhattan-bound platform. I guess they assume only the well-versed read them? And that also shows that nobody reads the signs, either!
thats the thing i was lost on because i was at 42nd st and the announcments where on every few mins and for some reason noone cared too listen too it at all., by time i got on the train the conductor said theres no (2) trains from 149tj gcc and 180th st you wouldnt believe jow many people said they never said a thing about the change smh

thats the thing i was lost on because i was at 42nd st and the announcments where on every few mins and for some reason noone cared too listen too it at all., by time i got on the train the conductor said theres no (2) trains from 149tj gcc and 180th st you wouldnt believe jow many people said they never said a thing about the change smh

It's one thing if the MTA only puts G.O's in places the casual rider doesn't look at, such as its website and in the GO box. It's another if the MTA makes CLEAR, loud announcements about them and the riders are so oblivious as not to listen at all.

I understand people tune out the security announcements, but if there are announcements affecting your trip, listen! It's obvious which are security and which aren't, I think all the security ones start with "This is an important message from the New York City Police Department". There's only so much the MTA can do.

It's one thing if the MTA only puts G.O's in places the casual rider doesn't look at, such as its website and in the GO box. It's another if the MTA makes CLEAR, loud announcements about them and the riders are so oblivious as not to listen at all.

I understand people tune out the security announcements, but if there are announcements affecting your trip, listen! It's obvious which are security and which aren't, I think all the security ones start with "This is an important message from the New York City Police Department". There's only so much the MTA can do.

yea i know, i dont understand whats the problem in this city the people that dont live here at all pay way more attention than the people that live here and should know how too get around there city. i give the MTA a A for this new way of givin info. so how do you people on this forum grade it,

i keep seeing people look at the new displayes like its from another planet or startrak lol, they are so lost and its sad but how low of a grade do they need too drop too so people can get it.

What are they confused about? I don't see many confused people.

What are they confused about? I don't see many confused people.
for one they dont get the announcements for some reason they see and hear it but dont get it and ask what did it say or mean, than not one person understands why it shows an arrow for where the train is going too arrive onm local or exp.

Archived