Which route is the best?

The best line is the (B). The trains are on time, they're generally clean, and you get a good seat chance during rush hour. If anything happens, then it can go to other tracks, providing that it doesn't happen at vital points of the line such as the Manhattan Bridge.

The (L) is good but one problem, the entire line is screwed up. One the (L)arry hit a dog near East 105th Street and the entire line was shut down for a good four hours so I'd go with the (N) since it fast, clean, and when problems arouse, a little reroute via the tunnel get things back going!

I have to say any IND line (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G). The way they are built for speed is one of the best parts, the nice gentle curves and flying junctions. I also love how they were original built with alot of flexibility in terms of switches and storage tracks. It is just such a loss that the whole second system was not built, not just the 2nd Ave subway.

I would choose the (L) because they run trains on time and often. They also have the cleanest record and the lowest breakdown rate than any other line.

What route do you consider as the best?

In terms of consistent quick service I'd go with the (1) in the A Division. No trains crossing over in front of it and the fleets on those lines pretty reliable. Most delays occur during the rush and are passenger stupidity related...pretty frequent service too on both...Honorable mention to the (7) but the passenger stupidity delays go up a lot on that line.

B Division I'd go with the (B)ravo, fairly frequent service, they run when they're supposed to run, and they're quick getting you where you need to go. Not a lot of "waiting for the track to clear" delays en route, (B)ravo only has that entering DeKalb, at 7th Ave/59th CC if it has to wait for a (D)elta to go express or a ©harlie to clear A2 track at 59th, and 135 if a (D)elta is going by. Also the (B)ravo and the lines it shares track with are used a lot but not like some of the others that the headways have to be so short you constantly have trains coasting and running up against a line of red signals clearing on station time as the T/O is forced to grab brake every few seconds.

From a railfan only perspective (IE service doesn't matter it's all about the foam...i mean fanning B) ), either the (J) (the elevated and Willy-:P, the (A) or Rockaway Pk (S) (for the flats)

The (Q) is really good, since today's service started in 2001 to replace the (D). It's also interesting to note that it was also a mixed bag of fleets like the (N).

The (Q) used:

R40 slant cars

R40 modified cars

R32 cars

A rare R46 train

R68

R68A's

R160A and R160B appeared briefly on the (Q)

It also had three Queens Terminals at some point.

Ditmars Boulevard with (N)

71 Continental Avenues, replacing the (R)

21 Street Queensbridge replacing the (F)

I like the (Q) because of the different cars that it had during these years.

I think if the (Q) had a longer route, it'd easily be the best train in the system, but since it suddenly halts at 57th, it is out of the running. (D) has the slowest time ever through Brooklyn, it is painful until 36th Street is hit. The (E) and (:P are a lot of fun with their high speeds and old cars, but the (;) doesn't run on weekends B). Overall, I think the (7x) and (7) have to be two of the best lines in the IRT, and of the IND/BMT, I think the (N) has many great characteristics (especially when running express in Manhattan). For us Brooklynites, The (G) is always good, except for the annoying R46's.

After all the summary,

The Best Division A- (7)

The Best Division B- (E) or (Q)

I'll have to the say the (F) and the (Q) hands down. The (F) is consistent, frequent, not a slow ride. The (Q) is fast, frequent, and also consistent. The (N) would be a runner up but wait times during certain times can be a *****. The (D) is also a good runner up with a breeze shot on West End, also consistent. The (B) is just great and would be even greater if only it ran on weekends.

I disagree with the (F). That train has given me as many headaches as the (R), which believe me, has given me headaches. I swear I've spent most of my life waiting for that train at Pacific Street. And the (D) is painfully slow through Brooklyn.

Only when theres a disruption the (F) is bad which sadly happens often. But other than that, when service is running normal, the line is great.

Well, I personally think the MTA could do a lot more with the Culver line.

If anybody here states that the (G) is the best, Let me know which Head Doctor to send you to..B):D:P

Well, dunno any head doctors Zach, because I actually like the (G) on a good day! Its actually pretty good and would be a better route if the MTA cared about it........

If anybody here states that the (G) is the best, Let me know which Head Doctor to send you to..B):D:P

The (G) can be a pleasant quick ride through what the MTA seems to think is a forgotten park of Brooklyn. If i had the option to go back to Brooklyn from Queens, I will always take the (G). The (N) is the only train that I would take out of Queens otherwise, but only a weekday.

I disagree with the (F). That train has given me as many headaches as the (R), which believe me, has given me headaches. I swear I've spent most of my life waiting for that train at Pacific Street. And the (D) is painfully slow through Brooklyn.

That's because the (D) is the train without a home B). At Murphy, DeKalb, and 59th towers it will often get held. Plus the West End is one of the slowest routes to and from Coney - (N)ovember is 47 minutes from Stillwell to 34th St. in Manhattan, (Q)uincy is 49 mins, (F)ox is 50 mins, and (D)elta is 52.

Well, dunno any head doctors Zach, because I actually like the (G) on a good day! Its actually pretty good and would be a better route if the MTA cared about it........

The (G) can be a pleasant quick ride through what the MTA seems to think is a forgotten park of Brooklyn. If i had the option to go back to Brooklyn from Queens, I will always take the (G). The (N) is the only train that I would take out of Queens otherwise, but only a weekday.

I take it back than guys..:cool:B)

I would pick the (L) but construction be happening on weekdays too and can make trains arrive sporadically so I choose the (J) because it's empty when I take it and uses trains with the rf windows.

I love the (G) but it's just too unpredictable and hard to get. Make them run to Forest Hills all day!

Archived