The R160's

ciboii22

Spent a day with my new nikon d5000 camera even though im not really into trains , still getting used to it . Only thing i dont like is the microphone its sensitive in the camera , but heres what i got enjoy .......

_DSC5325.jpg . _DSC5321.jpg . _DSC5318.jpg . _DSC5311.jpg . _DSC5300.jpg . _DSC5297.jpg . _DSC5294.jpg .

Rumor has it that 160s may move to the (B) and the R68As will go to the (N) and (Q) because some R160s have ALOT of milage on them.

And what will putting them on the (B) do to help that?

BTW, Great pics ci

@IND Supts just asked for a few, not an all out swap. @R42 The trains won't run weekends.

@IND Supts just asked for a few, not an all out swap. @R42 The trains won't run weekends.

Yea, but it's still something unusual as some of the R160s are getting close in mileage to some of the R68As. Last month something came out about how R68s should not be laied up at night so r160s could be inspected, now there actually enforcing it. It's just the same old sh*t the TA has done forever, get something new and beat the ever living sh*t out of it.

Also, how many are not R160 qualified?

Why is it that when they get new things they run them into the ground?

I don't know, but they have done the same thing with the R142s.

Nobody signed up on that sheet so far (as of last night) so I guess none.

Not too surprising, I do know a few guy who are not NTT qualified but they have been in work trains for almost 10 years now.

I don't see anything wrong with running new equipment as much as possible...

Just as long as they follow manufacturer's maintenance schedule, it is a good thing to run new trains that are more reliable, and let them work off their high acquisition costs. Why run old worn out trains that require high maintenance just to 'preserve' new ones?

Almost any transportation entity will run their newest equipment as much as possible, and use older equipment only to supplement the newer where necessary.

Well there are R-46s back on the (F) unfortunately... I'm hearing that the mileage on the R-160s will make their warranty expire sooner... but grapevine news... eh.

how does a warranty on a train work? if it gets destroyed japan replaces it with a new one at little or no cost? how are their mileages high? is the (MTA) supposed to run 2 car classes at a time?

Archived