Another fare hike might not be so bad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't remember specifically as this was a few years back but it was an Ulmer Park MCI deadheading down Clove Rd past Martling Ave by the SI Zoo near to where I live at as I was walking home from the X14. It was either a 27XX or 28XX and it looked like the 4319 I saw today... F*cked up. Even if that 4319 came from Yukon (they're the ones that would've had it if you guys didn't get it directly from QV originally), I know you've guys have had it long enough to fix it up, so that cracked up display sign should've been fixed by now. lol Waiting to hear your grand explanation for that one. If I recall correctly you guys have quite a few 4300s with broken destination signs too. They work but they're on a slant. LOL

Oh and as far as Staten Island being the victim let me correct you. We're better known as the city's stepchild. :P

Whats the point in fixing it? If they ran it this long without it then screw it, leave well enough alone. Them destination signs came slanted from where else????? As long as it works, they wont take the time time to fix it. But enough of these MCIs, cuz Im tired of talkin about em let alone drive em....this was a post on fare increases.

Now to everyone else....the only reason why the fares might increase is because of all the fare beaters you have on buses and trains!!! I personally had to deal with fare beaters everyday, and they are not coming 1 or 2 asking for a ride, they are coming in HOARDS!!!!!!! I mean 7,8,9,10 people in a group asking for a ride. Now do the math: you get 2-5 people a day everyday for damn near every line in the system, thats a lot of money lost from MTA, which in turn will cause the fares to increase!!!

Although I work for MTA, I still DO NOT approve of the fare hike!!! For what? You payin more for less and screwed up services? You have to pay $2.25, or even $3 for a bus ride that may or may not have heat in the winter or AC in the summer? Gotta pay the same for a train that may or may not show, and when it shows, its jammed packed all because MTA wants to "cut" service to "save" costs? WHich in turn is costing them more???? Yes, I work for MTA, and half the crap they are doing makes absolutely no sense!!

SO if this was a post about fare hikes (until a special SOMEONE came in here about a MCI) then no, Keep the fare hike away!!! People should have to pay more for MTAs stupidity and for less services!! #thatisall

I agree with the monthly-card hike to $120, but not with the one-time fare to $3. It should go to $2.50, tops. The (MTA) should expand the system and make a few new lines (cough cough (W) cough), and then we should start talking about fare hikes. With the current system, I don't even want to pay $2.25.

I agree with the monthly-card hike to $120, but not with the one-time fare to $3. It should go to $2.50, tops. The (MTA) should expand the system and make a few new lines (cough cough (W) cough), and then we should start talking about fare hikes. With the current system, I don't even want to pay $2.25.
if we paid for the fare it should be 2.50 or more, if you put in account this miles you can travel the transfers too other lines and buses its amazon they can afford too keep this system working, there is no other system in the us that give you waht the MTA gives you, for one in other states they go by distance and zones, so you pay more miles that you travel. we would have like 5 zones in nyc if they did that here and that 2.25 would look like a good dream that wouldnt come true, any other place would charge you 3.00 just too get in the system than you wouild pay more by zones. and that unlimited metro card weekly or monthly is robbing the MTA, no other system alow you too us a card all day as many times as you want or can for $29 thats crazy too me thats over $ 120 a day if you use it more than a few times a day thats a free ride

How would you and other riders react to a $3 base fare and a $120 unlimited monthly metrocard? I feel that this is the best way for the (MTA) to gain needed revenue. A $3 flat fare and $120 for an entire month is VERY cheap compared to other transportation alternatives. Feel free to comment on if the MTA should implement these rates within the next year.

Unless service are upgraded/service increases and restoring all service cuts from last year are part of the deal what are you thinking JWV72093? You realize alot of people are still out of work. Not to mention farebeating which has already gone up, will go out of control.

There are oth er ways i.e Peak Hour Tolls going to Lower/Mid Manhattan (I know I get some disagreements)that are much better options right now than raising the fare to $3.:tdown:

Not like we have a choice in the matter. If they decide they wanna raise fares, they're gonna raise fares and all the screaming we do in city hall will mean absolute sh!t. But I'm not going to go asking them to do it. I want my ride as cheap as it can be. Right now, I know i personally don't give a crap about helping the (MTA) generate more revenue when I'm still questioning how the current revenue is being spent.

I won't talk about subway and bus equipment because my experience is to this very day that I have not been on a train or bus that broke down while I was on it. But I will say this, I see a subway car/bus & seats filthy, wanna know who I'm looking at? The riders! Wanna know why? Because its the riders I see chuckin their chicken bones under the seat (in some cases ON the seats). It's the riders leaving their coffee cups to spill all over the floor and makes the floors filthy.

It's the riders that are responsible for the water or whatever other liquids and wet napkins I see on the seats, along with scattered news papers all over the place. And it's the riders I see all huddled up at the front or back end of the platform thinking nobody can see them while they piss on the goddamned tracks and platforms. As far as tidiness is concerned, we all seem to want a cleaner subway & bus. That sh!t starts with us. How we supposed to expect the (MTA) to do us any favors when as far as the eye can see we don't even do ourselves any favors?

I don't support a fare hike. Never did, never will. But I don't sympathize with some of the whining most people seem to do in reference to this subject either. I've seen like maybe one or two legit concerns. the rest of that has to come from us. Ask one of those subway cleaners what they think about the every day rider. Yes the (MTA) might waste money, but majority of us are just as wasteful of the few resources we have in front of us.

Now to everyone else....the only reason why the fares might increase is because of all the fare beaters you have on buses and trains!!! I personally had to deal with fare beaters everyday, and they are not coming 1 or 2 asking for a ride, they are coming in HOARDS!!!!!!! I mean 7,8,9,10 people in a group asking for a ride. Now do the math: you get 2-5 people a day everyday for damn near every line in the system, thats a lot of money lost from MTA, which in turn will cause the fares to increase!!!

Just to be clear you are talking about farebeating specifically on local buses and the subway correct? If that's the case, that beseeches the question of which areas of the city suffer the most from farebeating? I don't think I ever see it in Manhattan and it would be interesting to understand why that is. This must be an outerborough issue... The weird part is you see them interviewing folks in the city about raising the fare all of the time and I'm sure some of them live in the city and they moan about it, but I guess they suck it up and pay.

Just to be clear you are talking about farebeating specifically on local buses and the subway correct? If that's the case, that beseeches the question of which areas of the city suffer the most from farebeating? I don't think I ever see it in Manhattan and it would be interesting to understand why that is. This must be an outerborough issue... The weird part is you see them interviewing folks in the city about raising the fare all of the time and I'm sure some of them live in the city and they moan about it, but I guess they suck it up and pay.

Just before I moved out to Brooklyn, I watched a kid hop the turnstile at Rector (1) station right in front of the station agent. It does happen. It's less likely in manhattan because they tend to put more surveillance into manhattan stations. Some of these stations in Queens and Brooklyn it's like why is there even a turnstile there?

Just before I moved out to Brooklyn, I watched a kid hop the turnstile at Rector (1) station right in front of the station agent. It does happen. It's less likely in manhattan because they tend to put more surveillance into manhattan stations. Some of these stations in Queens and Brooklyn it's like why is there even a turnstile there?

lol... Yeah that would make sense. I certainly have never seen it on a local bus in Manhattan. The subway though I have seen it in the city. Actually what I get a kick out of the most is when you go into the subway esp. at Union Square and you've got all of those nut jobs picking up hoards of Metrocards off of the floor swiping them to see if there is anything on them. I almost got into it once with a young kid/teenager doing that sh*t by a Metrocard vending machine that I was using. I told him to back up and give me some room and he got offended. He was like what you think I'm gonna rob you or something?

So I gave him a look as if to say you step an inch closer or move towards me in any way and me and you are gonna go at it. I don't like people close to me when I'm conducting business of any sort. I try to not use that station because those dudes are everywhere trying to swipe people & sh*t. They usually just ask me once "Sir, you do you need such and such"? I give them a look and that does the trick.

I wonder how many folks actually get swipes from those people though and if it is at all cheaper than buying a ride yourself? I know the (MTA) was losing money from it and for a while had signs up about it, but I doubt that they are doing anything to address it.

Why are you bringing this up AGAIN!? They could just make a new letter...

We got the H,I,K,O,P,V,Y,X... It doesn't have to be the (W)

The (W) is the one that already has the same color rollsign, can't assume it will be R160 up there. The other posted just alluded to him wanting the (W) not because the (Q) is in Astoria now, but so the (N) can resume express service in Manhattan. But enough on this.

Give SMARTER service and I will be willing to shell out a little more. Like 2.50/2.75 a Ride. First, look at the School Transportation. I need more service when school ends and when school is starting. More like 2/3/4 Minute Wait instead of a 5/10/15 Minute Wait:mad:.

Give SMARTER service and I will be willing to shell out a little more. Like 2.50/2.75 a Ride. First, look at the School Transportation. I need more service when school ends and when school is starting. More like 2/3/4 Minute Wait instead of a 5/10/15 Minute Wait:mad:.
and i guess that leaving out a few mins earlier is too much too ask rite? 15 mins is not too long too wait if you have too wait that long and on top of that it coast money too run a lot of buses like that, 2 3 mins is good for anyone but you have too think how much it coast too do that. funny thing we dont pay for service like that 2.25 is not enough too do that. think about the places that dont get that kinda service in other states and look how much they pay you have it good here

It happens all over the city!! Subway, Local buses, AND express buses!!! Yes, I have had a couple passengers come up with the dumbest excuses for why they can't pay! That is part of the reason why the fares go up, but like someone said, you really do not have a choice in the matter!! If they raise it, you gotta pay it! No matter what, or you can do 1 of 2 things: 1. Buy a car and drive or 2. Leave NYC!

It happens all over the city!! Subway, Local buses, AND express buses!!! Yes, I have had a couple passengers come up with the dumbest excuses for why they can't pay! That is part of the reason why the fares go up, but like someone said, you really do not have a choice in the matter!! If they raise it, you gotta pay it! No matter what, or you can do 1 of 2 things: 1. Buy a car and drive or 2. Leave NYC!

I may just actually get a car once I pay off my student loans, but I would have to see how much it would cost monthly between the payments, gas, maintenance and insurance. :P

Little do they know by fare beating they cause the (MTA) to lose money, and they also cause other riders trouble, because the lack of money could hurt their future rides. These people have little respect for the people around them, and only look out for their own benefit. They also hurt the employees, because they might lose pay due to the fare beating.

Which is why I'd support vigilantism. If people spots a-holes jumping the turnstiles, some person should shoot a taser gun at the dumbass in mid-jump so he/she would land face first on the floor. Post the video on youtube and humiliate them for life.

That'd by my solution in a perfect world at least.

I don't give a damn about rights, you break the law, you don't deserve any rights. And if people are so in favor of so called international laws, then I say NYC adopt the strict laws from countries/cities like Singapore that don't tollerate the bs and enforces their laws.

Which is why I'd support vigilantism. If people spots a-holes jumping the turnstiles, some person should shoot a taser gun at the dumbass in mid-jump so he/she would land face first on the floor. Post the video on youtube and humiliate them for life.

That'd by my solution in a perfect world at least.

I don't give a damn about rights, you break the law, you don't deserve any rights. And if people are so in favor of so called international laws, then I say NYC adopt the strict laws from countries/cities like Singapore that don't tollerate the bs and enforces their laws.

Except that wouldn't humiliate them. No one gives a crap.

Like I said earlier, I apologize for that!!! You know good and well I stay quiet 9 out of 10 times in here!!! I just had to!

Nah, it wasnt you. Wasn't your fault sir.

If the JFK Airtrain costs riders $5 the MTA charging $3 each ride is a bargain. If one cannot afford to pay that or buy a $120 monthly card then that person should not be living on this city.

Does "The Port Authority" ring a bell? JFK Airtrain is a direct service. Two different entities, kiddo.

Here's a bad idea...

Removing transfers.

on metrocard yes bad idea on coin payers brilliant move less paper and emmisions and more ppl get metrocard.

Ok I wil translate metrocard keeps the transfers BUT paper transfers get axed simple enough for ya.

The excuse argument of O I don't know how to use a metrocard is an argument only a crack addict would come up with.

Archived